/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confusing

muslimah12
01-21-2006, 12:50 AM
:sl:

I have a question about dua. Although, being a muslim for almost 1 1/2 years now, you'd think I'd know this. I was doing some reading and I think I just confused myself.
After the tashahud and before the salaam we say dua...are they supposed to be certain duas? In arabic or can they be in english? Do we raise our hands or not? Is this the place where we can ask for whatever we need? After we say salaam we do not raise our hands for dua, we say dhikr right?
Sorry for all the questions but InshaAllah someone can help me, I'm a little worried that I am doing something wrong:rollseyes

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
01-21-2006, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah12

I have a question about dua. Although, being a muslim for almost 1 1/2 years now, you'd think I'd know this. I was doing some reading and I think I just confused myself.
After the tashahud and before the salaam we say dua...are they supposed to be certain duas? In arabic or can they be in english? Do we raise our hands or not? Is this the place where we can ask for whatever we need? After we say salaam we do not raise our hands for dua, we say dhikr right?
Sorry for all the questions but InshaAllah someone can help me, I'm a little worried that I am doing something wrong:rollseyes

After the tashahhud and before the salams there are certain dua you can say but you dont have to. The hadeeth says considering dua after tashahhud "then let him ask for whatever he wishes". Also i dont think it is narrated from the prophet peace be upon him that he raised his hands for dua in this period.

ghurabaa2000
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
according to the sunnah sis you should not raise your hands there is no authentic narration of the Prophet(pbuh). like the brother said before the salam you can read a dua, according to majority of the ulema it has to be arabic.

muslimah12
01-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Jazakallah to you both for answering my post!
So we do not raise our hands and these duas must be in arabic only. Ok. When can we say dua in english for whatever we want to ask for? After the salaam, and do we raise our hands then?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iqbal_ibn_adam
01-21-2006, 07:30 PM

that is correct u can make dua, like ghurabaa2000 said it has to be in arabic.

you dn't have do the duas that are written in books etc, it can be anything you wnt but for that you need to learn it in arabic. inshA

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-21-2006, 07:35 PM

Jazakallah to you both for answering my post!
So we do not raise our hands and these duas must be in arabic only. Ok. When can we say dua in english for whatever we want to ask for? After the salaam, and do we raise our hands then?

ans to you question is you can make dua any time it doesn't have to be stright after salah. whenever u have spare time make dua much as you can.

ghurabaa2000
01-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Ok. When can we say dua in english for whatever we want to ask for? After the salaam, and do we raise our hands then?

yes you can make dua in english any other time apart from when you are in salah. best times to make salah according to the sunnah(most likely to be accepted) are 1. between azan and start of prayer at masjid
2. last part of the night
3.when you are in sajood
4.friday
5.when you are fasting, and just before you open your fast
6.ramadan, duhl hijha
7.when you are being oppressed
8.captured by the enemy
9.after fajar salah
read Dua weapon of the believer, its a very good book will explain everything to you

muslimah12
01-22-2006, 05:12 PM

MashaAllah, you are all so kind and helpful:statisfie
Thank you for the list, I knew about those times for making dua, but for #9, I was taught that we should make dua after every fard part of prayer. Was I taught wrong? Is it only after Fajr prayer?
This book Dua Weapon of the Believer, can I read this online anywhere?

ghurabaa2000
01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
u r correct you should make it after every salah. i dont think you can read it online sis, ur going to prob have to buy it.but trust me its worth it.

muslimah12
01-22-2006, 07:05 PM

Thanks, I will look for it, inshaAllah:)

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-22-2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks, I will look for it, inshaAllah:)

go to this link below wher u can order this book from inshA

http://islam.about.com/gi/dynamic/of...m%2Fb7030.html

this link will take u stright to the order form for the book

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.