/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egypt or England

Silver Pearl
01-21-2006, 12:16 PM
:sl: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

If you have the opportunity to study at Al Azhar university in Misr (egypt) would you take that opportunity or would you stay in England and go uni there? hopefully when i get my qualifications it will allow me to study in any uni in the world.

Can you state your opinion and why.....it'd really be appreciated.

barakallahu feek in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afzalaung
01-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Salaamaleykum..
well..if i'm not mistaken requirments for al-Azhar is very very tough.one of them being proficientcy in Arabics.
but, assuming if i had no problem with that...i'ld definatly go for Al-Azhar.Its the most prestigious university in the Muslim world.Personally i'ld say its the best uni in the world.
but at the end of the day, it depends on where u want to work.I think western christian countries will have a better opinion about English Universities rather then al-Azhar.

Muezzin
01-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Heck yes I'd study in Egypt if it was possible.

I don't know how much of an education I'd actually get what with all my sightseeing plans, but I'd get to see the pyramids.

Helena
01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
:sl:

If i was allowed wid my family i wud go there!! I will def take the opportunity, heard its one of da top uni in da world. so why not????

Additonally i love eygpt, da mummies, pyramid and river nile, man who wouldnt go there!!!

guys is madinah university any gud??? inshalah were planning to give our brother!!! make dua for him inshalah!!!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
:sl: ^^ yh from what ive heard :) check out more on www.bakkah.net

as to original question.. what you gonna study.

if its like arabia and islamic studies, something along those lines i know leeds uni does that but also send students to either egypt (i think al azhar uni) or morocco for a year or so to study there also. you you study both in uk and egypt

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
salam
well in UK they charge ridiculous fees per year for unis, so if i was you i would jump on that plane and go to egypt inshallah
i would love to go to egypt and study islamic studies and arabic
wasalam

Makky
07-28-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

If you have the opportunity to study at Al Azhar university in Misr (egypt) would you take that opportunity or would you stay in England and go uni there? hopefully when i get my qualifications it will allow me to study in any uni in the world.

Al-azhar is not very bad , but its not prefect.. you should take care of Aqeedah because its corrupted in all the subjects and books of tawheed of the Azhar.

Skywalker
07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Let me just say that living in Egypt is a lot different than visiting as a tourist. If you're from the UK, you might have a tough time adjusting at first, but almost everyone starts to love it after a while.

As for Al Azhar...well I'm no expert on it, but it's certainly not the best university in the world, I can tell you that much. The facilities are...well...less than modern at best, and the material is very hard. I think you're expected to fully memorize the Qur'an as well as a lot of ahadeeth by the time you finish, as well as completing your own major. I don't know if it's fully accredited around the world though, you'd have to ask about that.

I guess at the end of the day it depends on where you feel you can serve society best, if it's though preaching or being a scholar, then Al Azhar is a good option for you but it'll take a lot of dedication, but on the other hand if you feel that your role in life is not necessarily being a scholar or a preacher, then I'd suggest studying in the UK.

Either way, just pray istikhara and insha-Allah you'll be guided...

جوري
07-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Al- Azhar even if not so modern is considered to be the oldest university in the world.. believe it or not, other IV leagues such as Harvard or Yale were Fashioned after al Azhar and for the same reasons...

I can't make a decision for anyone on where to study.. I don't think it would be appropriate even if someone asked me directly.. but I'd like to give credit where credit is due... Maybe Al-Azhar isn't so state of the art but it is a fantastic establishment an incontrovertible object of history; A most esteemed and prestigious university...

I don't care who wants to traduce this information with their own version of incomprehensible truth as one is so accustomed to seeing with any post about anything Islamic.. but that is an irrefutable fact... Al-Azhar spells prestige nothing else iscomparable.. it stands alone bar none!

alibaba
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Egypt!

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
Al-azhar is not very bad , but its not prefect.. you should take care of Aqeedah because its corrupted in all the subjects and books of tawheed of the Azhar.
yeah, thats what i heard also. i was told, if you want to study arabic and tajweed there, go right ahead. but if you want to study aqeedah, i wouldn't encouage it.

north_malaysian
09-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Shoubra is part of Al Azhar Uni. right?

I've got ten friends graduated from there majoring in Qira'at Al Qur'an.

And before going there ... they must memorise the whole Qu'ran..

syilla
09-27-2007, 08:14 AM
hmm...a very hard decision to make.

but if i be u i'll try to make my options much wider.

SirZubair
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
how so akhi?

The Ruler
09-29-2007, 02:09 PM
It would very much depend on where I'd like to settle. If you study in Al-Azhar, it could be harder for you to find a job here in the UK (that is, if you'd like to settle here). If you have a qualification from here i.e. England and then try Al-Azhar, if possible, it'd be better [IMHO].

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I don't know how much of an education I'd actually get what with all my sightseeing plans, but I'd get to see the pyramids.
Ditto.

Silver Pearl
09-30-2007, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
how so akhi?
:wasalamex

Kitaab Tawheed isn't taught there perhaps? I think they rely on Aqeedatul Tahawiyyah and 3wwam which are excellent for Aqeedah and well accepted by All Muslims as far as I know. I've been to Azhar to examine it so to speak and there is nothing wrong with their aqeedah. They teach all ilm including ilm tasawwuf and people don't appreciate that. They practise mawlid, another no-no. In any case you either like Madeenah University or Azhar, you can't like both (apparently) because they don't agree. Oh and you have sufis in Azhar, not those who give themselves such noble title when it is not befitting them, rather Sufis Sufis, those who are praised by the scholars. Wa Allaahu'3llaam. If you have a pre-conceptualised idea of the Uni, you're not going to benefit from it. Azhar has sadly gone down in its teaching in our age. There was a time where you couldn't set foot in the Uni unless you were a hafidh and knew Arabic and ahadeeth (few at least). Now its a picnic, Imaam Kashka (rahimullaah) said when Al-Azhar was changed to Jami3at (feminine) all that graduated from the university were girls lol.

Anyhoo, Jazakumullaah khayr for all your inputs, very appreciated :) Liuyu whats-your-name (fancy but not good on memory lol) made a really great point Masha'Allaah!

A belated Ramadhaan Mubarak to you all!

tarek29
09-30-2007, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Salam Alekom

Sorry I didnt understand what you mean by UNI, if you mean university in England and you compare that with going to Azhar and learn there, it depends what you yourself want to learn!

If you want to study Islam and know religion so you go to Azhar without thinking because although it is not like before still there is strong teachers there, but if you want to study anything else and find work and career then it is better in England!

Peace

Silver Pearl
09-30-2007, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tarek29
Salam Alekom

Sorry I didnt understand what you mean by UNI, if you mean university in England and you compare that with going to Azhar and learn there, it depends what you yourself want to learn!

If you want to study Islam and know religion so you go to Azhar without thinking because although it is not like before still there is strong teachers there, but if you want to study anything else and find work and career then it is better in England!

Peace
:wasalamex

Sorry for any confusion, when I said 'Uni' it was in reference to any university in the world. I've made a decision to do both, lets see where that takes me Insha'Allaah. Jazakallaah khayr for your suggestion!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.