/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, I am new and upset

NewJama
01-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Just needed to talk to someone, you mind? I am so upset! I am a new revert and I cant do anything right. I have websites and movies, and people help me. May be I am just stupid. I do my best to learn my prayers and I practiced them all night tonight. So during morning prayer I messed up a little but I thought I did pretty good, and was very happy with myself until I remembered I totally forgot to raise my finger. It is so much to remember.
Sorry I took your time. Just felt like talking to someone :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hinda
01-21-2006, 12:46 PM
:sl:
its perfectly alright [sister], u are at a stage of learning and when we learn something we always mess up at the beginning. Remember the first time u were learning how to ride bike, i bet u, u just didnt knw how to ride it the forst time u sat on it, it took a while to get used to it and learn how to ride it. So basically every new thing u start will not go well from the start u will fall down but the important bit is, is when u stand up again and try it, dont give up, if u feel u are doing somethin wrong do it again, dont get tyred of repeating.
and i wish u all the best

sapphire
01-21-2006, 12:47 PM
inshallah we can help..may Allah strengthen your imaan and keep you steadfast on deen and may he grant us all jannah inshallah Ameen!!!cheerup none of us are perfect in deen matters....we are all learning to be better people.....inshallah we shall benefit from each other....

modez
01-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Upset for what??? You're so lucky to have found the straight path, soon you will realise how beautiful your life is, and hey you're not stupid!!. Hope you will benefit from this useful forum, althouth there are a few dodgy people, i should say, but thats where the fun comes in...

Enjoy you're stay with our Islam.:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NewJama
01-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Thank you all so much. I just wish I was born and raised ina Muslim family, so I would have avoided so many mistakes and sorrows. People just dont understand how lucky they are.
Can you answer me, if it is ok to learn prayers in unappropriate places, like I am doing it- in traffic jam or while exersising? It does help a lot

NewJama
01-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Just to add to my question it is not Holy Quran I bring to gym to practice, I would nt do that, I just made some printouts. Is it ok?

akulion
01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
walikum salam

aaww sis hang in there and be strong we are all here to help u out

if u have some problems learning surahs or doing prayers ive created some interactive tutors on my page so u can check them out if u want :)

swanlake
01-21-2006, 01:14 PM

Sister we are human beings and mistakes do happen. I have a friend who reverted a while back and she is still in the process of learning. Just because we were brought in an Islamic environment, doesnt mean we know everything. We are all students sis till we die. So dont be upset and take your time in learning.

Quran can be taken to everywhere but the toilet and dirty places. You can learn your prayers everywhere sis.

http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=prayer

Rome wasnt built in one day sis. So relax and enjoy your life. .

james
01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
i feel the same as you do sister..i am also a new Muslim and was raised as a Jehovahs Witness...so its difficult but i believe Allah know's how hard we try or dont try.......but i'm glad we can learn verses on the bus or in the car...or at the office......this makes learning so much easier......Allaha sukur....

peace and strenght to you my sister and to all of you.......amen

- Qatada -
01-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Please dont be afraid sister.. you watch how you'll be rewarded immensely for all your hard efforts in this life and the afterlife insha Allaah.. Your experiencing the right feeling for a believer anyway, because;

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) said:

“The world is a prison for a believer and paradise for a disbeliever.”

And reffering to what you said earlier on about making a mistake in salaah (prayer); in the Qur'an, Allaah the Most Merciful says:

And there is no sin for you in the mistakes that ye make unintentionally, but what your hearts purpose (that will be a sin for you). Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (Qur'an 33:05)

So please dont worry..

No bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another-

That man can have nothing but what he strives for;

That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight:

Then shall he be rewarded for it with the fullest reward-

(Qur'an 53: 38-41)

We will keep you and all the muslim ummah (nation) in our prayers insha Allaah. (God willing)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

edil
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Asalamu Caleykum sister congradulation for you becoming a muslim. Dont be upset just cause you messed up but try focusing on what youre saying in prayers then you'll be able not to forget but dont pressure yourself and take your time learning it. Allah knows best.

afriend
01-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey we're all humans...I've been a muslim all my life...but I make the most stupidest mistakes you can think of.....Don't worry, Allah is not non-negotiable...LOL...U'll get there in the end

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Its okay sister

It takes time to learn

Inshallah you are not stupid just learning

Practice.Practice makes perfect

Inshallah you will get the hang of it soon

Just make dua to Allah

We are not Born perfect.We make mistakes

And Allah knows

SaLaMz sister and welcome to the forum

Concealed Pearl
01-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Sister, u r SO lucky that allah finally guided u to the right path. I'm facing struggles rite now with my professors and am astounded by the fact that altho they know sooooooo much about deen and its beauty, they still havent become muslim! I mean it's truly only those who allah WILLS to guide who will be guided, and who he chooses to remain unguided, will remain kufaar. It's sad looking at thier plight but guidance is in allah's hands alone. So do shukr that allah chose YOU from all the ppl out there.

As for being born Muslim, yeah its an advantage but it doesnt make that much of a difference unless you discover the deen yourself to discover its hidden treasures. Due to the fact that we are born muslim, we tend to take advantage of it and take many serious matters lightly. We CLAIM to be muslims, yet in essence, we are not as practising, devout believers as we should be. May allah guide us all onto the striaght path of righteouness and help us to follow each and every one of his command's to the letter in the quran insha'allah. Ameen,suma ameen.

And whenever you have questions, feel free to ask them. We should never feel shy for the deen, because a question that you have may seem "stupid" but in reality it is not. May allah make it easy for you and all of us muslims.

Wasalam

ishkabab
01-27-2006, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NewJama
Just needed to talk to someone, you mind? I am so upset! I am a new revert and I cant do anything right. I have websites and movies, and people help me. May be I am just stupid. I do my best to learn my prayers and I practiced them all night tonight. So during morning prayer I messed up a little but I thought I did pretty good, and was very happy with myself until I remembered I totally forgot to raise my finger. It is so much to remember.
Sorry I took your time. Just felt like talking to someone :(
hey sister where do u live ???? maybe i can help u ..that is if u live in New York:?

james
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
sister...selam......as a NEW muslim myself i have learnt that there is NO NEED AT ALL to be upset....As other brothers and sisters and uncles and aunties have written..it takes TIME to learn........and making mistakes is NOT a bad thing in life. We learn from our mistakes so in theory the more mistakes we make the more we learn.......although that doesnt mean we should make mistakes all the time....LOL.........

Allah knows how hard humans try so dont worry about it at all........inshallah

MetSudaisTwice
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
salam
welcome to the forums bro
may allah ease your condition and always remember allah
wasalam

samina1
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
salam sister, n wlc.. plz dont be upset with us.. jsut kiddin.. hey sis, y u mad.. being mad doesnt really slove anythin. it jsut makes u ruin things in ur life.. so let us help u with ur anger.. thts if u dont mine...
ma salam
fiamaniallah..

Lina
02-01-2006, 09:23 AM

Don't be upset dear sister, put your trust in Allah subhana'wa'ta'ala.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).

It was related on the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

If you need someone to talk to dear sister, i'm here for you, we are all here for you, anytime Insha'Allah

"A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim - he does not wrong him nor does he forsake him when he is in need; whosoever is fulfilling the needs of his brother, Allah is fulfilling his needs; whosoever removes distress from a believer, Allah removes from him a distress from a distressful aspect of the Day of Resurrection; and whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults on the Day of Resurrection."

May Allah subhana'wa'ta'ala make it easy for you and all of us facing trouble Insha'Allah.

:w:

alitheislamian
02-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Assalam O Allaykom
Allah is Al-Rahim (the most forgiver).He forgives sins,while sister u've only have made a mistake.
Allah loves ur mistakes as ur intension is to Pray to Him in the right way. He loves ur mistake ,I garuntee U.
May Allah help u to learn More about Islam. MAy Allah Bless u and increase ur Imaan.

Andaraawus
02-04-2006, 03:23 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum , i am just so touched at how many muslims here have concern for a new revert, al hamdu Lillah , i am a new revert myself , and al hamdu Lillah at one point i too had to go through this.

i think the advice that has been given i can in no way add to becuase al hamdu Lillah Muslims have done good here but i can show a Hadith

Narrated Abu Huraira The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (Sahih Bukhari Volume 1 hadith # 38)

wasalams

Re.TiReD
02-09-2006, 04:01 PM
:sl: sis, i knw dis thread is pretty old but i just wanted to say that u gotta be strong and it'll be alright, and for starters....u shudnt be callin yourself stupid, (in ur first post) uve got a whole lotta new stuff to learn and insha'allah u'll begin 2 find it easier after all....uve got us!! :loving: :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.