/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever noticed?

mahdisoldier19
01-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Salam Alaikam

Im sure everyone has seen this situation,

Speaking of Iraninans, they arent half bad i remember telling an iranian kid why dont you pray? he said to me im an american. What does that have to do with anything?

Other than that i love when muslim bros and sis say oh its haram to eat pork yet they drink smoke and do all that stuff but when they go to mcdonalds they say OH NO PORK ITS AGAINST MY RELIGION! thats so funny

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
01-22-2006, 01:00 AM
:sl:

Please don't insult other people or talking about their faults behind their backs. This leads to backbiting. What goes around comes around. Such people are misleaded in the world today and they have not been guided by Allah(swt) as other muslims were. Therefore you shouldn't criticize their actions rather help them inshallah. I find it so sad when a brother doesn't help his own mankind rather just walk away from it.

BarakAllahu Feekum.

:w:

Noor
01-22-2006, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Other than that i love when muslim bros and sis say oh its haram to eat pork yet they drink smoke and do all that stuff but when they go to mcdonalds they say OH NO PORK ITS AGAINST MY RELIGION! thats so funny

I understand where you're coming from and this remids me of something I was told. A teacher of mine once told us a story of two muslims in an airport. One was of South Asian decent and the other was a Saudi. They were both at the restuarant counter. The South Asian was with a scandalously dressed woman and was drinking alcohol when the Saudi sat down beside him. He order a chicken burger and right when he received the burger, the South Asian says ' brother, dont you know eating non halal food is haram?'

Its sad to see that some Muslims will consider some haraam actions more detrimental then other consequential actions. I guess who's to blame in some situations is the parents who beat down what and what not to eat into their children's head than showing them the true essence of salat.

*charisma*
01-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

The title of this thread can be very insulting, maybe a mod can change it inshallah. Barak Allah feekum

Speaking of Iraninans, they arent half bad i remember telling an iranian kid why dont you pray? he said to me im an american. What does that have to do with anything?
Subhanallah, blame the parents. Usually when people come to western countries they forget that they have religious duties no matter which part of the world they are on. Just because the adhan isnt sounding out across the whole city, doesnt mean one should stop praying or teach their kids how to. may all people children and adult alike be guided ameen

Yea, I've heard of this before. Its because *again* when the child is young they make it sound like pork will cause them to go through a very terrible stroke and then slowly and painfully die before they swallow the morsel they put in their mouth, so therefore something like this sticks with a child all their life. I heard somewhere, someone said "A 'muslim' man can drink, commit zina, and smoke, yet still he will not get near pork." and thats true subhanallah. *it wasnt referring to the true muslimeen (mu'mins) out there, just the ones by name*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Issa
01-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Salam Alaikam

:sl: ,
I don't understand why his race is of any importance. I don't understand why you are pointing out all of his faults for everyone to see. Quite offensive.

solid_snake
01-22-2006, 05:09 AM
Salam Alaikam

don't get me started on Iranians .... just don't.

mahdisoldier19
01-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Salam Alakaim

Ok This is a problem , I wasnt talking about them disrespecting them, Learn to understand what people say. What im saying is its funny when people do that. If i said I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT Did i say that? No. I said its funny meaning smile or laughter

Second, My comment about iranians still stands, It had nothing to do with race it was just funny for the kid to say hes an american which has nothing to do with what i asked him

Third Backbiting means disrespecting someone im not disrespecting them im just pointing out what some muslims do.

All his faults? Im just stating how some muslims are these days when it comes to Islam. Every iranian i have met has no moral. Maybe there are some iranians that are religious but i have yet to encounter one in NY

fourth, i helped them understand what they did was wrong

Fifth DONT ASSUME Thats the problem on this board stop assuming

Sixth, Dont get you started on Iranians? Who are you to tell me this?Do i know you have i met you before? Im not getting you started on Iranians im just stating an opinion and what i have seen.

Race importance? Its not the issue of race importance its just Who says that? Really who?

Anymore comments?

Safa
01-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Im just stating how some muslims are these days when it comes to Islam. Every iranian i have met has no moral.
Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean that person has no morals. I beg to differ on that opinion, and would continue to advise them to turn to the right path.

mahdisoldier19
01-22-2006, 05:42 AM
Salam Alaikam to all of you

Ok Did i say Any person? Stop Assuming

Did i say you have to be religious to have morals?

No i said every iranian i met has no morals, and i was just stating i havent met an religious Iranian in NY

Do you know how to understand english writing? :?

Safa
01-22-2006, 05:59 AM

Ok Did i say Any person? Stop Assuming
I wasn't assuming that you were refering to any person. I know what you meant. I have met Iranians who are decent people but not religious. So I merely advised you not to give up on giving dawah.

Takumi
01-22-2006, 06:31 AM
One of my best friend is Iranians. I dig your post. :)

I got tons of examples but I prefer not to use their races coz some people are very nationalistic. In short, we gotta try to help. If not, Allah's gonna ask us about it. Coz, we're here to do the anbiya's work.

If I say, most of the arabs I met had araboidiosyncratic syndrome [they think arabs know everything], people might get offended.

I think I got enough labels already. :)

Noor
01-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Edit

Khaldun
01-22-2006, 08:00 AM

I said its funny meaning smile or laughter
You find it funny that muslims act this way? I dont understand your sense of humour, shouldnt you be sad that they act this way? It is a shame wallahi

Muezzin
01-22-2006, 12:41 PM

What I don't get is, if Iranians are allegedly so 'strange' and non-practicing Muslims, why the heck is Iran the strictest mofo of a country in terms of 'Islamic' law?

format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
An example of an emotionally balanced post?

I think not. You taken an oath not to recount a group of individuals from a country for reasons of offending their nationalilty, yet in the next statement, one couldnt control their feelings towards a specific people and decide to name them.
Not quite. He said 'IF I say something about arabs, people might get offended' (paraphrased with emphasis)

Wanting pity with thy last remark? I guess the smiley says it all
What's with the acid here, sis? He's not attacking anyone.:)

Takumi
01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
An example of an emotionally balanced post?

I think not. You taken an oath not to recount a group of individuals from a country for reasons of offending their nationalilty, yet in the next statement, one couldnt control their feelings towards a specific people and decide to name them.

Wanting pity with thy last remark? I guess the smiley says it all.

Your opinion is duly noted.

I wrote IF and I'll let you figure out what that means when you are sensible enough.

You assumed that I wanted pity. Now, that is personal. Such assumption sickens me and have plagued this forum for as long as I can remember.

Shadow
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Such assumption sickens me and have plagued this forum for as long as I can remember.
so thats where the plague has been coming from :p

anyways on to the serious news, i think that most muslims think that they are living a well balanced life even though there not, they try to justify their lifestyle with excuses that seem reasonable to themselves and to some others, when i came to this country a dude was telling others that the worst sin is to eat pork, strangely he used to smoke :?

i guess u just gotta be patient around em and pray that it works out best for the Ummah

Takumi
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Here's a quote that should be on the favorite quote section but is so pertinent to your post, oh Shadowy One..

"Excuses; they are like toilet, no one likes them, everyone has them"

Noor
01-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Edit

Muezzin
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
It's not right to single out Iranians, but I agree it is funny when certain Muslims get flared up at people eating haraam food when they're not exactly model Muslims themselves.

Takumi
01-22-2006, 09:21 PM
I dont know about you, but the post above is an illustration of one hell of a emotionally packed reply. Do you suppose that writing 'if' will negate the example you gave? I'm confused...oops my bad, I'm not sensible enough.

I figured a levelheaded person could be able to take my post as a joke, but I guess I gave some of the people here too much credit.

Your opinion is heard. Sorry for not catching your joke.

Of course the word if will negate any example. I could have written:

"If I say "Many malays are so caught up with their culture that they'd rather have their kids die before giving up their culture", malays will be offended"

I don't have time to have racial prejudices. My best friend is an arab [I don't really care actually].

The word araboidiosyncratic is nice and cool. That's all.

Shadow
01-22-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Here's a quote that should be on the favorite quote section but is so pertinent to your post, oh Shadowy One..

"Excuses; they are like toilet, no one likes them, everyone has them"
i dont get it :?

*charisma*
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Excuses are like toilets because no one likes them, yet everyone has them.

get it now??

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

samina1
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Y Must Every1 Be So Hard On Each Other.. Ya Allah..

Ma Salam

Takumi
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
No we don't. We need to be EXTRA hard on each other. Slap, kick, call names..

where's my katana! :)

[i gotta admit, using smileys to indicate jokes IS REALLY worth it]

*charisma*
01-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Y Must Every1 Be So Hard On Each Other.. Ya Allah..

Ma Salam
nah its k sis, ppl love the drama, its fun,
other than that im tallying up whos points are better, you can help me count

j/k

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 12:54 AM
that is a little funny, what does being an american have to do with not praying? im american and i pray all the time. and the whole not eating pork thing but smoking, wow ok i kno the koran says you cant eat pork but your still harming your body.

Hashim_507
02-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Brothers and sisters, please take it easy on each other. Haram is haram and halal is halal. I hate muslims having conflicts between eachother, love eachother... Look for solution, Iranians are muslims. Once persons says There is no God but Allah and Mohamed p.b.u.h is the Messanger. Then thats muslim person. Whatever that persons action do whether is good deed or bad , then let Allah judges. Correct the brothers actions, call him to dawah or get him to masjid. But please dont get too much judgemental thats haram, leave that to Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.