/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Osama 'plug' boosts anti-US book

DaSangarTalib
01-22-2006, 03:40 PM
:sl:

Osama Bin Laden has seemingly propelled a book by an obscure historian into the US bestseller list, by endorsing it in an audio message aired on Thursday.

Bin Laden apparently said Rogue State was "useful" to read

"Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" had reached number 21 on the Amazon list by Sunday, leaping from below the 200,000 mark.

Author William Blum, 72, said he had no regrets about the endorsement.

The 320-page book is highly critical of US foreign policy, and says the War on Terror is doomed to failure.

The message, thought to be from Bin Laden, contained threats of new attacks on the US, but also a call for a long-term truce.

But he also told Americans: "If Bush carries on with his lies and oppression it would be useful for you to read the book 'The Rogue State.'"

Bin Laden quoted a line from the writer that he would end US interference in world nations if he became president.

'Understandable retaliation'

Mr Blum, speaking from his Washington apartment, said he was "surprised and even shocked and amused" by the al-Qaeda leader's apparent words.

"I was not turned off by the endorsement," he told a New York radio station.

"I'm not repulsed and I am not going to pretend I am."

Mr Blum said there had been no threats against him since the endorsement.

He has described the 11 September 2001 attacks on New York and Washington as "an understandable retaliation against US foreign policy", but makes clear that this is not a justification of them.

Brought to you by yo official newzreporter :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
01-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Cool. If I write a book I'll be sure to send it to Bin Laden for free publicity :p

DaSangarTalib
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Cool. If I write a book I'll be sure to send it to Bin Laden for free publicity :p
:happy: yep then everyone will be wanting a copy of yo book...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.