/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crying During Namaaz or Reciting Quran

shariq_0189
01-23-2006, 03:29 AM
asalamwalykum

Jus wanted to knw if anyone ever cried during reading quran or namaz. or are there any suraahs tht really make u want to. Sometimes Sheikh Shuraim the way he recites make me wan to cry.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mahdisoldier19
01-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Salam alaikam

I cried before its very deep i dont know its like weird when you cry its just just like cry bro just cry heh its weird its just lets it all out ya know. I dont know about any surahs but like when im high in iman i just start crying when i think of Muhammad sws and recite quran

umm-kulthum
01-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Asslam alaikum wa rahamtullhai wa brakatu
well the sheikh that gets me crying is Sheikh Mohamed Al Mohasiny mashallah is recitiation are very emtoianal because he too cries.(Surah Muhammed)

Selising
01-23-2006, 06:49 AM
What is Namaaz? I don't cry when I recite Quran bcoz my knwlodge of Arabic is very limited. I sent my kids to Islamic school so that they can understand Arabic. But I do cry when I see Kaabah, when can I go there? I cry sometimes after reading Quran since I don't understand what I've read but I know a lot of other muslim understand it. I cried bcoz its sound so good, but I don't know what I'm saying. I'm crying now.

I get frustrated when thinking of my nation who was born as a muslim but the British had achieved their objectives by making them as a non-muslim with muslim name on their ID card.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A7med
01-23-2006, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
What is Namaaz?
namaaz = salaah

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 11:42 AM
salam
you want to hear surah al-haqqah by SS and surah inshiqaq by SB, subhanallah they are so emotional:'(
wasalam

Takumi
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Just imagine Sheikh Shuraim or any shaikh for that matter reads a verse talking about the rules of talaaq with a melodius voice. And you, being moved by his voice, cried. Does that make sense? or, he's reading about how the donkey was resurrected piece by piece in front of Uzair, and you cried or he's reading about Abu Lahab, and you cried. :p

We cry due to the meaning of the verse, not due to the emotional voice.

Please refer to Solaatul Jamaah by Dr Saalih ibn Ghaanim al Sadlaan.

I guess that's why some masaajid spends a lot of money on their sound system just to provide the echo and reverberation of the imaam's voice so that it'll sound good.

Nope. It's disastrous. :p

Khaldun
01-23-2006, 01:46 PM
:sl:

Just imagine Sheikh Shuraim or any shaikh for that matter reads a verse talking about the rules of talaaq with a melodius voice. And you, being moved by his voice, cried. Does that make sense? or, he's reading about how the donkey was resurrected piece by piece in front of Uzair, and you cried or he's reading about Abu Lahab, and you cried.
lol brother people are different.

The rules of talaq, one could cry because usual when Allah states rules He also states consequences for the transgressors of such rules.

You might cry becuase of the power of Allah and the mercy He showed Uzair by showing him how dead things were brought back to life.

And abu lahab how he ridiculated the prophet salahu alyhi wassalam and how he and his wife will be in a very painful punishment would perhaps make you cry?

People see things different. Do you ever cry reading surah Fatiha? Shuraim did...

Nawal89
01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I dont usually cry when i read Qur'an, ,but i did cry the other day when i was reading surah an-Nur. That surah has such a beautiful meaning.

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
salam
sheikhs and imams cry due to the meaning of the words, like surah al-haqqah that descibes punishement to man by Allah which is very emotional and makes one fear allah
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Salam.
here are a few Surahs that I think will bring tears to the eyes when reciting if recited with the meaning and the words are understood.

Surah Jaathiyah
Surah ad-Dukhaan
Surah Qaaf
Surah az-Zumar
Surah al-Haaqqah
Surah al-Qiyaamah
Surah an-Nabah

And many more besides. These are just a few of them that come to mind.
As for crying during salah, if one is imam, he should try to hold back his tears as much as possible. However, if one is genuinely overcome by emotion then he should let it out. The reason for this is that the people who are praying behind may not understand and think the imam is showing off with his knowledge. This only applies to peope who are not full-time imams, but who end up in a place where they have to lead the prayers.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
salam
can you expand more on your point? what do you mean by part time imams? they are not allowed to cry?
what about surah inshiqaq? sheikh budair cries so much on that subhanallah
http://d62.yousendit.com/D/20BPMANOY...%20inshiqaq.rm
wasalam

Helena
01-23-2006, 02:39 PM

am very emotional person, when i saw the kabah for the first automatically tears flew, one of my achievements in life. And wen i left madinh, cudn't stop!! I wana stay there for ever!!

When i go to terawih, during the munazat, i cry alot!!!

:w:

mizan_aliashraf
01-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Salam.
OK bro, lets just say you went somewhere with a few brothers. Salah time comes and they ask you to lead. If they do not understand Arabic or the Qur'an and you recite a surah with a powerful meaning, it will mean nothing to them. Moreover, it will affect you because you understand Arabic and you will cry.
They might think that you are showing off the fact that you understand arabic and just want to show your levels of iman and taqwa. As for full-time imams, whether they cry or not is nothing to do with the congregation behind them.

Im saying this from my own experience, as I am not an Arab, and the same thing happened to me. I was leading some brothers in Salah and i recited surah al-qiyaamah. Towards the end of the surah, emotion overcame me and i did cry. After the salah, they were not happy. They gave me a 10-minute lecture on ar-riyaa' or showing off. Afterwards when i told them my background and where i studied it did make them (and me) feel quite bad.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:42 PM
salam
ok that clears things up, jazakallah for that bro
may allah increase you and everyones knowledge and give you and everyone a pious life inshallah
sis helena you are lucky to have seen the kabah, i wish and inshallah will go for taraweeh in makkah next ramadhan so do pray for me
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Salam.
Not only me bro, you too and all the others.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:46 PM
salam
inshallah bro
jazakallah
wasalam

Helena
01-23-2006, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
ok that clears things up, jazakallah for that bro
may allah increase you and everyones knowledge and give you and everyone a pious life inshallah
sis helena you are lucky to have seen the kabah, i wish and inshallah will go for taraweeh in makkah next ramadhan so do pray for me
wasalam

inshalah i'll make dua for u, also u av to make dua for me inshalah. I wana go there again for nxt hajj inshalah, am all prep!!! My dad went this ere, he left me behind!!!:rant:

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
salam
inshallah you and everyone here will have the chance to go to the holy cities of saudi arabia next hajj or umrah during ramadhan
inshallah thumma inshallah
wasalam

Takumi
01-23-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
lol brother people are different.

The rules of talaq, one could cry because usual when Allah states rules He also states consequences for the transgressors of such rules.

You might cry becuase of the power of Allah and the mercy He showed Uzair by showing him how dead things were brought back to life.

And abu lahab how he ridiculated the prophet salahu alyhi wassalam and how he and his wife will be in a very painful punishment would perhaps make you cry?

People see things different. Do you ever cry reading surah Fatiha? Shuraim did...
Thank you for your wise response. I like it.

Difference in people's emotion does not supercede the point that you cry because of the meaning not the voice.

If shaykh shuraim cries while reading soorah al faatihah, because he understands it and if he cries while reading it, that's fine because he's getting reward for it. if the ma'moom cried because of his voice, then, that's not what crying while reading al quran is all about.

You are right. You just solidified my point for me. Even if the imam doesn't cry while he's reading Al Masad, and if you feel for the prophet and you wanna cry, go ahead. Cry. :)

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 03:25 PM
salam
mashallah wise reply bro, jazakallah for sharing your view on this
wasalam

shariq_0189
01-23-2006, 04:09 PM
well i remember this ramadan ..on the khatam meaning..when they finish the quran in tarawee...i had jus got back from jammat..and i cried even though i dint understand but thinking of the sins we humans commit.it jus made me tear.

shariq_0189
01-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Asalamwalykum,

I was wondering if anyone has suraahs tht Shuraim cries in, i have Salah Budair and Mohammed Mohaisny, but never Shuraim crying in any suraah. if anyone knwss suraas let me knww plzz. Jazakillah.

shudnt_have
01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
interesting topic.
the word 'Jananum' fills my heart with terror..and makes my eyes watery. As for the Quran Recitation, almost all of the Surahs make my heart melt as long as I am paying attention to what I am reading and reflecting on it. subhaAllah..Truly Quran is full of Wisdom and Warning for those who you are guided. As for the Salatul-Qiyam-NIghtly Prayers are my special time to purify my soul..its beautifullllllllllllllll.:arabic2:

papa_smurf
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Some find it diffficult to shed a few tears, if this is so, still try to cry even though you cant, but try and get one drop out, who knows that drop may have saved you. Then eventually you'l get the fear of your lord, unless your some stone hearted geezer.

mizan_aliashraf
01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Salam
Regarding the surahs that sheikh sa'ud shuraim cries in. Nearly all of them.
Many salahs that i have prayed behind him, he nearly always cries in surah al-fatiha.
wassalam

hidaayah
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
It's excellent Mashallah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jazakallah for the link brother zAk..
Assalam u Alaikum

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
salam
here is an emotional surah by sheikh saud shuraim
http://www.sohari.com/nawader_t/mekk...hraim_6oor.ram
http://www.sohari.com/nawader_t/mekk...im_enfitar.ram
i will post some more later inshallah
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Salam.
He is very very emotional. Like i said before, it is common for him in the haram not to finish al-fatiha without crying.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
salam
on a rare occasion he cries in surah fatihah
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Salam.
Apart from Sheikh Sa'ud Shuraim, the late Sheikh Ahmad al-Ajmy is also very emotional. Mashallah, he cries even when the qur'an talks about the people of jannah. Listen to his recitation and I guarantee you will cry.
May Allah have mercy on him as he died in 1997 aged 63
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
salam
inna nillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon
may allah grant him the highest status of jannah
wasalam
PS: bro mizan did you get my PM couple of days ago?

Khaldun
01-24-2006, 01:35 PM
If shaykh shuraim cries while reading soorah al faatihah, because he understands it and if he cries while reading it, that's fine because he's getting reward for it. if the ma'moom cried because of his voice, then, that's not what crying while reading al quran is all about.
It is not about the voice, yet the voice does help.

Narrated Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said to me, "Recite (the Quran) to me." I said, "O Allah's Apostle Shall I recite (the Qur'an) to you while it has been revealed to you?" He said, "Yes." So I recited Surat-An-Nisa' (The Women), but when I recited the Verse:

'How (will it be) then when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad) as a witness against these people.' (4.41) He said, "Enough for the present," I looked at him and behold! His eyes were overflowing with tears

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
salam
subhanallah^^
jazakallah bro khaldun, mashallah a great post
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Salam
Bro MST, im still a limited member so i cant yet send private messages. I dont want you thinking that im ignoring you. Once i become a full member, i can reply.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
salam
a long time ago recitation of Sheikh Shuraim, and a very emotional one too. dated in 1407 in riyadh
http://www.sohari.com/nawader_t/othe...raim_a3raf.ram
wasalam

Halima
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM

Sheikh Sudais tries so hard to control his emotions while reciting the quran Subhnallah. On one of his recitations he was about to cry but he just kept on going. This occurred on many of the Surahs he has recited. I can imagine for it to be so hard for him to do.

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 04:33 PM
salam
mashallah true sis, Sheikh Sudais particulalry tries hard to control his emotion becasue he himslef is emotional and Sheikh Shuraim just cries openly coz he doesn't cry as much as Sheikh Sudais
mashallah two great and legendary imams, who are household names of the Haram of Makkah
wasalam

afriend
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
asalamwalykum

Jus wanted to knw if anyone ever cried during reading quran or namaz. or are there any suraahs tht really make u want to. Sometimes Sheikh Shuraim the way he recites make me wan to cry.
I ALWAYS cry if sheikh Shuraim cries....Wen I read surahs that Sheikh Sa'ood Bin Ibraheem Ash-Shuraim cries in......Then u will see me in a river of tears...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM

Can we stick to the topic please? For a second i thought i was in the Imams of the Haramains thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.