/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Miss Muslim

Selising
01-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Read in Malaysian paper today. Tartastan, an Europe country held a beauty competition to choose Miss Muslim. The criteria was good looking, hafazah, can read Al-Quran well, can sew, cook and have good knowledge. The dress: hijab. 59 candidates enrol, 8 had been chosen for final, won by Dilar Sadiqova, 17

http://www.bharian.com.my/m/BHarian/...05544/Article/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
01-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Erm... Miss Muslim? Is it just me or does this contest have the vague aura of 'fitnah'? :p

She's not bad though, and can do all that great stuff. She is now on the 'Potentials' list. A viable mate for future plans of world conquering, muhahaha.

(note: this is a joke)

Helena
01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
:sl:

isn't it haraam to expose ur outer beauty amongst the crowd??? becoming a model it is haaram rite, way of attracting guys, like my twin;D (joke)???

:w:

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 09:32 AM

Is she a model?

Aha, a trophy wife!

(note: Still joking)

Yeah, this contest does seem dodgy to the max. Can anyone read Malay, or whatever language the article is written in?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Is she a model?

Aha, a trophy wife!

(note: Still joking)

Yeah, this contest does seem dodgy to the max. Can anyone read Malay, or whatever language the article is written in?

maybe i could be wrong, hw i can i be rong!! wot is she den?? a model or wot??

u and ur jokes, but ur jokes wrks alhamdulilah!!

Selising
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
The contest was held i n front of ladies only audient

Helena
01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
The contest was held i n front of ladies only audient

oh rite, sory for da confusion!!

aZn_pLayGurL
01-23-2006, 09:47 AM
[S]so jUr a tWiN HAwww MaShaLLa[/S]

sonz
01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
salama

chk this out

MOSCOW , January 21, 2006 (IslamOnline.net) – Morality and impressive knowledge of Islam and other subjects were the basic criteria for choosing Dilar Sadiqova as "Miss Muslim" in the eastern European country of Tatarstan.

"I decided to take part in the competition to convey the message that you can be a Muslim and still do whatever you want as long as it is moral and respectable," Sadiqova told reporters after her acceptance speech.

"Thus, non-Muslims can have an undistorted vision of our religion," added the 17-year-old high school student, who wishes to become a school teacher.

There was no room in the competition for girls in swimsuits as seen in traditional beauty pageants, but only modestly-dressed and hijab-donned girls in demure smiles, the organizers told IslamOnline.net.

Brains and religiosity set the tone for the unprecedented contest in Tatarstan, where Muslims make up 60 percent of the country’s four million population.

The competition included Qur’an memorization and recitation tests, as well as a set of questions, testing the cultural knowledge of the 56 contesters.

They also took cooking and sewing tests for more points.

Only eight girls, aged 15-19, made it to the finals of the cut-throat competition.

The ceremony was held at the Celebrations Hall of the Grand Mosque in the capital city of Kazan . The audience were all females.

Encouraging Hijab

Saida Abukofa, the head of the jury, said the competition aims to encourage more Muslim girls who do not wear hijab to take on the Islamic dress code.

"They see their Muslim peers who wear hijab as beautiful, well-educated and religious," she added.

"We want to show that beauty has nothing to do with nudity and obscenity."

Under Islam, beauty contests in which women’s `awrah (parts of the body which should not be exposed in front of others) is uncovered, are prohibited.

Muslim scholars have called on Muslim countries to organize a "Miss Morality" competition to offset the increasing interest by Muslim nations in Western-styled beauty contests.

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
Muslim scholars have called on Muslim countries to organize a "Miss Morality" competition to offset the increasing interest by Muslim nations in Western-styled beauty contests.
Eh? A Miss Morality contest would still be a 'Western-styled beauty contest' - judges are still looking at and assessing Muslim women to decide who will win.

Those crazy anonymous 'Muslim scholars' :p

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Muslim nation means men and women. Will men be allowed to watch? Whatever, it sounds rediculous. Women watching, will probably be concentrating on what colour and style the competitors hijaab and jilbaab are.

I don't know, I don't see them as role models. But some people might.

S_87
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed

I don't know, I don't see them as role models. But some people might.

agreed

as for being miss muslim, whats sewing and cooking got to do with anything :?
if someone cant sew of cook good does that mean they are not *good* muslims? :? that got nothing to do with islam.

and................ it just dont make sense... only Allah knows whats in the hearts of people...

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:37 PM
salam
may allah guide those who have gone astray, may allah guide us all to the straight path
true muslims would not see these people as role models
wasalam

umrah2004
01-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Assalamualykum,
May Allah Guide The Ummah Of Muhammed (S.A.W)

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:46 PM
salam
ameen thumma ameen
wasalam

Selising
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
I see thing differently.

In a so-called Muslim country where they were ruled by kaffir once, the perception of what is good and what is wrong had changed. If you read carefully, one of the intention was to attract those who are not wearing hijab to cover-up. Good and bad only based on human perception.

As a muslim in a country whereby the muslim quality had vanished, my friends and I facing headache to bring back those youngsters to appreciate Islam. The headache is as heavy as what our friends in Canada face with the persians there. we were thinking how to bring those teenagers back to Islam.

We cannot just say, "hey girls, sit there and listen to the Islamic teaching" NO, they wont sit. Believe me, they wont. We are talking about muslims who is wearing t-shirts with tight jeans showing their belly. You want to shout to them? They will run away! Hikmah! be hikmah to them.

What I can see is, this contest encourage muslimah to learn how to read Quran well, encourage them to hafaz the Quran, wear jilbab or whatever you call it to cover your aurah. that is the quality of a muslimah. This year they dislqualified, next year they will try again. Go back home and learn.

When westerner leave the cooking and sewing to maid, this community wants to tell the young girls, hey we prefer girls who can cook and sew.

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
salam
mashallah sis that is true and well said
wasalam

Bittersteel
01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
to hell with such events!this is FITNAH!ITS HARAM!

I will send the Rapid Action Battalion to deal with this scum.

Mu'maneen
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM

If this was towards a female audience, how comes the picture of the winner is exposed to everyone, including male?

This is just shows the state of our Ummah. Beauty contests?!
What is beauty? So only "beautiful" women can enter such competition?
What about those blessed Sisters who are born with no eyes?
What about those blessed Sisters born with no limbs?
Are they forbidden to enter such competitions?

Well, to me those Sisters who cannot enter such "competitions" are the true winners in the eyes of Allah, if they remain patient with Allah and follow His orders. They are the real beautiful Sisters.

Such competitions must stop before this turns into some Cat-Walk within the near future.

This year they dislqualified, next year they will try again. Go back home and learn.
Then they may start learning Qur'an and other Islamic ruling to win the competition.
This is too dangerous Sister. In Islam if we do something Islamic for Allah and for a Worldly benefit, our actions are nullified. To be rewarded, we must do things for Allah alone.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

WIN A PRIZE NOW!
http://www.islamic-faith.net/111.html

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 03:17 PM
salam
mashallah true sis, allahu alam
the RAB, they can sort these out lol
wasalam
PS: RAB, ya tara zeh dangerous nai ni?

S_87
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising

What I can see is, this contest encourage muslimah to learn how to read Quran well, encourage them to hafaz the Quran, wear jilbab or whatever you call it to cover your aurah. that is the quality of a muslimah. This year they dislqualified, next year they will try again. Go back home and learn.

When westerner leave the cooking and sewing to maid, this community wants to tell the young girls, hey we prefer girls who can cook and sew.

that then brings up the question..who are they doing it for? to win the contest?

Snowflake
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

agreed

as for being miss muslim, whats sewing and cooking got to do with anything :?
if someone cant sew of cook good does that mean they are not *good* muslims? :? that got nothing to do with islam.

and................ it just dont make sense... only Allah knows whats in the hearts of people...
That's so true. I don't get it at all. All these things don't show the niyah of the person. Could still turn out to be a complete psychopath :X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.