/* */

PDA

View Full Version : to all the londoners out there!!!

Helena
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
:sl:

Just found out yeasterday, theres gona be a programme on 2day, channel 4, about 'gay and muslims'! Giving insight out gay muslims living there life! at 8.00pm

astagfirullah, astagfirula, astagrirullah, man am soo disgusted!!! Wots happenin in this world??????

If muslims know its haraam, y do it in the firslt place??? y disobey allah (swt)??? Der def going to hell, with out knw questions.

wots happenin to da ummah???

Hope all da uk ppl can watch it, give there view inshalah!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-23-2006, 10:11 AM
:wasalamex

subhan Allaah thas reli bad. but sister, please dont say they goin hell, because while they breathin - they still have the chance to ask for forgiveness and they might change their ways.

Please dont say that they will go hell because only Allaah Almighty knows who will go where, and at the same time - if they commiting any sin, no matter how big it is - as long as they believe in Allaah Almighty, the angels, the books, the prophets, judgement day and qadr (destiny), and their performing the pillars of islam - then they are muslims.

So lets not say they will go hell, but instead, say may Allaah help them and all the muslim ummah. ameen, thuma ameen.

:salamext:

Helena
01-23-2006, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

subhan Allaah thas reli bad. but sister, please dont say they goin hell, because while they breathin - they still have the chance to ask for forgiveness and they might change their ways.

Please dont say that they will go hell because only Allaah Almighty knows who will go where, and at the same time - if they commiting any sin, no matter how big it is - as long as they believe in Allaah Almighty, the angels, the books, the prophets, judgement day and qadr (destiny), and their performing the pillars of islam - then they are muslims.

So lets not say they will go hell, but instead, say may Allaah help them and all the muslim ummah. ameen, thuma ameen.

Sorry, i was very angry i guess!!!! I just dnt want any bad names on islam!! But ur rite, hope Allah(swt) shows them da right path and be more aware of the satan!!

- Qatada -
01-23-2006, 10:27 AM

jazak Allaah khayr.. but if i was you, i wouldn't watch it - because it just brings in a larger amount of viewers, so they may show more programs like these to increase their viewers next time too.

At the same time - when you watch it, its probably just gona make you angry, and make u swear at them or smthin, so just stay away from it to make it easier for yourself insha Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Tnx for the reminder sis. I wanted to watch it too. It's not just being aired in London. Birmingham too. Channel 4 - 8.00pm.

Message on top of page:
to all the londoners out there!!!
this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 0 times (seriously I read it 3 times)

lolol, we must be psychic!

Helena
01-23-2006, 10:33 AM

jazak Allaah khayr.. but if i was you, i wouldn't watch it - because it just brings in a larger amount of viewers, so they may show more programs like these to increase their viewers next time too.

At the same time - when you watch it, its probably just gona make you angry, and make u swear at them or smthin, so just stay away from it to make it easier for yourself insha Allaah.

inshalah i'l do that!! am not type of person to swear, but i understand!!

anyway am too busy doing my essays, yeap i wont watch it!! Jazaks

Helena
01-23-2006, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Tnx for the reminder sis. I wanted to watch it too. It's not just being aired in London. Birmingham too. Channel 4 - 8.00pm.

i meant for da whole uk, not only london!

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 10:45 AM
oh right sis! Not ur fault. I blame the thread title then.

Halima
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM

thread moved

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
its 29 ! not 0 :-\
or is it ? :?
No, it's working now.

- Qatada -
01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
No, it's working now.

yeah, i remember seein the same thing too. there waz 7 replies but 0 views..

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah it will come on in B'ham also and most likely most of England. I can record it on DVD and rip it onto the PC for everyone to view, do you think would be a good idea?

- Qatada -
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
yeah it will come on in B'ham also and most likely most of England. I can record it on DVD and rip it onto the PC for everyone to view, do you think would be a good idea?

Nah bro.. i think most of us waste our time watchin stuff lyk dat. Think about it.. we spend our time watchin somethin that makes us angry, and makes us want to curse them people.. at the same time - them people want attention, and we give it to em. lol yet we spend less time focusin on our deen, or spendin it with the more righteous people instead..

Hope you undastand wa i mean insha Allaah. :)

~Mischa~
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
omg, theres gay muslims out ther??.. what a bunch of loosers.

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 03:18 PM
salam
may allah deal with them
wasalam

Bittersteel
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
most probably there will be more Islam bashing.Ayan 'Hizra' Ali's gonna come and say stuff like that Islam violates women's rights.

sapphire
01-23-2006, 04:10 PM
ewwww....thts just sick........wht is the world comming to......well may Allah guide them to the straight path inshallah they can still change and Allah is all forgiving merciful....

papa_smurf
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
A bunch of **** heads. May Allah guide them right

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Tee-hee-hee, gay people are funny.

papa_smurf
01-23-2006, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Tee-hee-hee, gay people are funny.
Stop getting gay over gay people.

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by papa_smurf
Stop getting gay over gay people.
Heh. You're getting reps for that puntastic post :p

On-topic, maybe I'll watch this if I have time. I'm in need of a good laugh.

papa_smurf
01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
what the hells reps?? Do i get any mightier with it;D. Sounds fun

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Nah bro.. i think most of us waste our time watchin stuff lyk dat. Think about it.. we spend our time watchin somethin that makes us angry, and makes us want to curse them people.. at the same time - them people want attention, and we give it to em. lol yet we spend less time focusin on our deen, or spendin it with the more righteous people instead..

Hope you undastand wa i mean insha Allaah. :)

yeah good point bro, I guess your point is proven when I read the following post after quoting this post lol.

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 04:32 PM
what the hells reps?? Do i get any mightier with it;D. Sounds fun
Reputation points AKA that little green thing near your name. Look in your User CP area too for comments. :)

papa_smurf
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
aaaah so thats what it is. Another thing, is it allowed to crack jokes on this forum. (They all seem to be so zombie'ish type, if u know what i mean).
NO OFFENCE TO OTHERS

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 04:41 PM
What the smurf are you smurfing about? Of course we are! Otherwise I would have been banned by now :p

zaheer
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
aaaah so thats what it is. Another thing, is it allowed to crack jokes on this forum. (They all seem to be so zombie'ish type, if u know what i mean).
NO OFFENCE TO OTHERS
:sl: bro do u need any Psychitric help.

course u allowd jokes duh!:giggling:

khadijah06
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Astagfirillah! what is the world coming to? The show is on now

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I only watched 2 minutes of it before getting sick of the guy defending his homosexuality as a muslim.

afriend
01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I watched a glimpse of it...But I just left it cos it was a load of RUBBISH

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I watched it the part that really saddened my was they gay women at the prade wearing niqaabs and shouting how other women/men should come out and be proud and at the same time they say we respect our religion...like the brother said earlier this just generates hate and a programme like this cant have no benefit to anyone.

afriend
01-23-2006, 09:10 PM
I know their scheming tricks! This is to make the muslims lokk like idiots,

Also to disunite us MUSLIMS

Pay no attention

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
I know their scheming tricks! This is to make the muslims lokk like idiots,

Also to disunite us MUSLIMS

Pay no attention
The possiblity is always there. But some sisters have been known to use nikaabs to conceal their identity. A relative used to work in a restaurant and he told us that girls came there in with their boyfriends in nikaabs. And those very same girls, when they came with their families were without nikaab. I asked how he knew they were the same girls if they were in nikaab with their b/fs. He said he recognised them because they used to remove the nikaab when sat in an area designed for nikaabi sisters and their husbands.

May Allah give them hidayah-ameen

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
The possiblity is always there. But some sisters have been known to use nikaabs to conceal their identity. A relative used to work in a restaurant and he told us that girls came there in with their boyfriends in nikaabs. And those very same girls, when they came with their families were without nikaab. I asked how he knew they were the same girls if they were in nikaab with their b/fs. He said he recognised them because they used to remove the nikaab when sat in an area designed for nikaabi sisters and their husbands.

May Allah give them hidayah-ameen
Deviousness, its sad to know people think they can deviate Allah swt

khadijah06
01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
That was a load of rubbish. These people subhanAllah! It makes you wonder where do they get this idea that being homosexual is normal? Are they reading the same Quran that we all read? i just dont get it. Another thing is i hate the way that when there are beneficial islamic programmes on tv they put it on after 12 but when its shows like this they seem to put it on right when they know that everyone will be watching. Correct me if im wrong but when Mosque was on television, did they advertise it?

:rant:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadijah06
That was a load of rubbish. These people subhanAllah! It makes you wonder where do they get this idea that being homosexual is normal? Are they reading the same Quran that we all read? i just dont get it. Another thing is i hate the way that when there are beneficial islamic programmes on tv they put it on after 12 but when its shows like this they seem to put it on right when they know that everyone will be watching. Correct me if im wrong but when Mosque was on television, did they advertise it?

:rant:
i agree sis, Instead of something stupid "gay muslim" why dont they show a islamic lecture somet hing will educate the public about Islam..but they rather blow up this side and make everyone see islam for what it isn't. they all afraid to show what Islam is really about.

afriend
01-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah true....cos they think that the people will come to the truth and things will start changing

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-23-2006, 10:58 PM
i think if everyone who has posted on this forum should send a email to ch4 asking them to show something positive aout islam, what you guys think?

zaheer
01-23-2006, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
i think if everyone who has posted on this forum should send a email to ch4 asking them to show something positive aout islam, what you guys think?
good suggestion, think i'll do that.

minaz
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
I only watched last 20 mins of the programme (not that I was watchin EastEnders:p). Was quite interesting, cuz I know gay people (not to be proud about:p), but never came across a gay muslim before. And tell me if i'm wrong but, i didn't see the gay muslims in question practicing Islam (i.e. salaat, goin mosque etc, did they show any of that?) Anywho was interesting documentary, and think the aim of it was to show that Islamic community (Asian branch) do not embrace homosexuality- AND THANK GOD FOR THAT! At end of the day they are liek any other human being, and they can do as they please as long as it don't effect the way you practice your deen, allah knows best

Sabeel
01-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Salams...
i too did happen to see that program.. but it was totally incidental..was really upsetting to see something like that.. but then i thought i needed to see that to maybe have an idea about what they were showing.. could not watch the whole program.. few points that came to my mind while i watched.. though some people have mentioned some of them..
* they call themselves muslim.. without knowing the basic knowledge of muslim or islam.. no submission,surrender!
* why was it relayed? so that they can promote islam is not "accomodating" as the other religions.. well alhamdulillah we are proud of that!
* it seemed as though they wanted to show sympathy towards the wrongdoers! they are barking up the wrong tree!!
another progrmmed aired at a similar time was disturbing too.. about afghanistan and driving or something...

samina1
01-24-2006, 01:36 AM
well i jsut dont think we should even use da pharse gay muslim.. those ppz have thr on way of gettin judge in da judgement day. so y dont u my muslim broz n sister make thm dua n leave da rest to allah...
ma salam

Snowflake
01-24-2006, 10:19 AM
What really made me sick was when a listener phoned in and quoted this ayah from the Quran and the gay responded by saying that, the Quran mentioned lust was forbidden in the ayah not gay love. Astaghfirullah!

“For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.” (7:81). “And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!” (7: 84).

I couldn't watch any more after that.

Helena
01-24-2006, 11:01 AM

First i wasnt gona watch it, but then i thought let c wot its all bout!! I wish i never had watched it, coz its all stuck to my head!!!! Astagfirullah may Allah(swt) guide them and show them that is absolutely wrong!! and may we all pray for them!!!

One of the guys in he programme read the qur'an for his answers but he then used his own views by twisting the words of the quran to suit him.. Astagfirulla!!

The other guys was a practising muslim, praying 5 times a day, and saying that why cant islam accomadate my needs??? Astagfirulla!!!

is it because of western effect???

One of parents were saying because of my sin which was he was sleeping around with women before marriage that was passed on his child to become gay!!! Astagfirullah, ppl shud look into the qura'n it haaram, something against Allah(swt) hw can they its rite???

aljawaad
01-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah its the first time im hearing this too; Gay Muslims, incredible.
May Allah guide them to the right path.

Sahabiyaat
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
i didnt get to watch it :hmm: i was watching something else

but alot of friends said they would record it so i guess i'll get to see it soon.

and i was asked by my tutor to watch it as were studying the sex and relationships module in class.

there was also another programme called 'Is Religion Evil' on channel 4 a while back, we also had to watch that for the module on religion and morality.

amazing that everytime i study something in class a really good programme related to it comes on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.