/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i just wanted to know..

~Mischa~
01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
is it wrong to sit next to the opposit sex on the bus/train?
ive always tried to avoid it.

but its like yesterday... on my way home from hammersmith, which is a bit of a journey... this boy came and sat next to me on the bus.. and since i was really tired and there were no other seats available, i didnt get up.
anways lookin back at it now, i feel kinda bad cuz whilst i was sitting next to him, his arm brushed pass mines a few times by accident.. and its been buggin me cuz i could have easily avoided that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I guess if you could avoid it then you shouldnt. But someitmes on their isnt any way out of this situation..it happens to me to:(

Mainul_Islam
01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
what about for a guy??

since my buses are usually crowded, so it doesnt matter for me... becuz even if i stand up i'd be standing next to a girl/woman :hmm:

women in numbers are increasing and outnumbering men! :eek:

aZn_pLayGurL
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
what about for a guy??

since my buses are usually crowded, so it doesnt matter for me... becuz even if i stand up i'd be standing next to a girl/woman :hmm:

:heated: aNd that is a sign of *JuDgeMeNT DaY*** :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
01-24-2006, 10:18 PM
ALhamdulilah, man I hope Isa comes already, peace be upon him, argh, whao nice to see someone from london, but anyhow, a brother was talkin to me aboutthis just today, he was just stating how a girl came sat next to him and he felt like moving but couldnt, but what he did was jus put a bag between their bodies.

He didnt give me no reference or proof or anything as such, but i admire his actions.

samina1
01-24-2006, 10:32 PM
So Wht Abt A If A Major Of Da State Want To Shake Ur Hand, N Iam A Muslimiah, Wht Am I Suppose To Do??

Hemoo
01-31-2006, 09:47 PM
well sister samina1 you can shake the hands of the major only if she is a woman otherwise you can refuse it and also stating that you are obeying the commands and laws of islam.
ok

salam

Tasneem
02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Its harram to sit next to the opposite sex

But Allah knew how you felt sis.

Tasneem
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
what about for a guy??

:sl:

There is a punishment for men to touch the opposite sex

Men are punished for that in the hearafter

SaLaMz

Nawal89
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
But sometimes you cant actually do anything about the situation can you? Like once i was on the LRT in KL and it was crowded..we had to stand and there was a man standing next to me, really close and i couldnt move.

afriend
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
There's not much that you can do in those types of situations.

"Actions are indeed by intention"

This means that if you st next to some1 of the opposite sex intentionally then you will be held accountable for it, and vice versa.

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
i aLWaYz Sut nxt 2 the opposite SeX on the bus :p haWwwW :p But i got no choice am not gna stand up :p

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL
i aLWaYz Sut nxt 2 the opposite SeX on the bus :p haWwwW :p But i got no choice am not gna stand up :p
Well sis it's better for you to stand up for the sake of Allah instead of sitting down and obeying the shaytaan. Also I don't think it's funny to joke about stuff like that... sorry if i seem rude:X!
:w::rose::peace:

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
No itz all good, but if itz a *MaJBooRi** then itz permissable :p nEways the guya shud have common sence 2 stand n let the ladies SiT :p

afriend
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fenix-Angel
Well sis it's better for you to stand up for the sake of Allah instead of sitting down and obeying the shaytaan. Also I don't think it's funny to joke about stuff like that... sorry if i seem rude:X!
That's true sis, but if you are too tired to stand then Allah will overlook, but not if it is just out of laziness.

(BTW ur Avatar looks dangerous.....lol......)

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
haha that's true!

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
That's true sis, but if you are too tired to stand then Allah will overlook, but not if it is just out of laziness.

(BTW ur Avatar looks dangerous.....lol......)
Hmmm.... that's because I AM dangerous. Dangerously kind, sweet, and funny:happy:!

I think it would be overlooked if the woman was pregnant or something, otherwise i think he/she should put up with it and stop making excuses:okay:.

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
LoLz am not what i seem *b WaRNeD :D***

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
hey sis how coems where it says gender 4 u it says 'sister in humanity'... yuz is our sister in islam!

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 04:30 PM
BcUz aM special LOLz i dont no? ju tell me lolz

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Haha... ok back on topic again (i dont wanna get a warning, dey be embarrassing lol):D.

shanu
02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
salam dear sis
there is ntg we can do, u said u were tired, den god will 4give u. Becos ur intention was nt that to purposely sit beside him, in fact u didnt even know a male will be sitting beside u. Since ur intention is clean, then no worries. This things are hard to be avoided as there are alot of non muslims in dat coutry, n they cant understand our problem. U didnt tok wid him, so thats good! No worries. Smtimes wen im tired i just sit, but i make sure da other party dun brush on me! Even today on ma way to teach, i sat beside a man, it was so crowded n i was tired of running here n dere. God will 4give u as long as ur intention pure. God judges us by our intentions more den our actions. take care

shanu
02-01-2006, 07:27 PM
salam again dear sis
sm hadith on intentions i hope this makes u feel better
[A Person's Deeds and Intentions]

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Text copied from Al-Nasir's Hadith Qudsi Software v1.0, www.DivineIslam.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.