/* */

PDA

View Full Version : promoting beautiful verse of the koran

zukiful
01-23-2006, 12:31 PM
assalam ailaycum.

id like to see a compilation of some of the more peaceful, and beautiful quotes from the koran. we hear enough of the agressive ones eagerly pushed by the media. we need temper that with the good in the koran. it would also give new moslems like myself an answer for non believers when confronted with acusations of islam promoting violence.

it could be a new section here on the site, with members adding to the list.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-23-2006, 12:43 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

I really like this verse because it explains how if you do good in this life, you'll be rewarded with good in the afterlife too insha Allaah, because you stayed away from evil.

Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good? (Qur'an 55:60)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
read mine at the bottom

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-25-2006, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zukiful
assalam ailaycum.

id like to see a compilation of some of the more peaceful, and beautiful quotes from the koran. we hear enough of the agressive ones eagerly pushed by the media. we need temper that with the good in the koran. it would also give new moslems like myself an answer for non believers when confronted with acusations of islam promoting violence.

it could be a new section here on the site, with members adding to the list.
:sl:
The so-called 'agressive' verses are mainly misquoted or misunderstood. Please see:
Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zakariya
01-25-2006, 12:19 PM
These are not Qur'anic verses, but I think it's still relevant:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...dithqudsi.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.