/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Political Science in Islam

Abdugafur
01-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Assalamu alaykum.

Who can show me the real islamic state in the world? What is the place of Islam in politics?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdugafur
01-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Why nobody wants to answer? Did not you understand the question?

Tilmeez
01-31-2006, 01:38 PM
:sl:
ur topic is too hard to answer. i don't see any REAL ISLAMIC STATE in the world.
Islam is complete code of life. All political science is in the sunnah. See the biography of Prophet (Saw) as a leader of state u will come to know the facts u r lookin for.

Lateralus63
01-31-2006, 01:41 PM

Islam isnt politics. So there is no such thing as "islamic political science". There is only principles, that there is an amir/leader/khalifa who guides the muslims states in one unitive body. Thats all there is to it as far as im aware.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdugafur
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63

Islam isnt politics. So there is no such thing as "islamic political science". There is only principles, that there is an amir/leader/khalifa who guides the muslims states in one unitive body. Thats all there is to it as far as im aware.
Your answer is arguabe. I think it will not be true if we say that there is no islamic political science.

Religion is life. Religion includes all aspects of life. The ruling and governing of the state are also the issues of Islam. Qur'an teaches how to live in life and how to govern people.

But the problem is that today we can not find any islamic country who follows strictly the rules of Quran. What is its reason?

Pinkie
02-06-2006, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdugafur
Your answer is arguabe. I think it will not be true if we say that there is no islamic political science.

Religion is life. Religion includes all aspects of life. The ruling and governing of the state are also the issues of Islam. Qur'an teaches how to live in life and how to govern people.

But the problem is that today we can not find any islamic country who follows strictly the rules of Quran. What is its reason?
I'm not sure if there is a country that "strictly follows" the rules of the Qu'ran. I would only answer that question completely when I get the opportunity to travel to a Muslim country. I think Western influence has a lot to do with it. Let me give Central Asia for example. That section of the world was a place where Islam flourished hundres of years ago (Bukhari was from Uzbekistan). And now we look at that part of the world during and after the Soviet Union collapsed and now what do we see? The complete opposite of when Muhammad Al-Bukhari was alive, that's for sure. Let's look at the Balkins-they were under the Ottoman Turks and everyone was living in harmony. After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, people were at each others throats.

We meet some Muslims nowadays who say they want to become more "European" or "American". I think one of the most ESSENTIAL things in teaching Muslims is the rights we have under Shariar law instead of saying "Oh well we live in the modern world we do not have to go by Shariar law, we live in a Democratic country". Remember how the pagan Arabs used to live? In reality I think we mind rewind to that time period if we do not educate ourselves of the rights of our women, children and so on.

Islam in politics? Well, I agree. It tells us how to govern people justly and I'm sure we can list successful Islamic Empires in history where people of all relgions and different ethnic backgrounds lived side by side in peace. When I was Roman Catholic, I wanted to live in a Muslim country because at least there I was guaranteed my religious rights and even my rights in terms of gender.

Abdugafur
02-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Assalamu alaykum, sister Pinkie.

I agree with you in some aspects. Today we hardly find any muslim country which lives under the doctrine of Qur'an. I am afraid we may not build such an islamic society untill the emergence of Mahdi alayhissalam. Because there is a hadith of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW) which says that ater 30 years from the death of the prophet there would be no caliphate, there would be only maliks.

This is a graet warning. It also teaches that although we try strictly to build true caliphate we can not build according to the meaning of that hadith. But what should we do? How should muslims live in such a modern society which is full of dangers to true muslim?! That is a problem.

(Adashmasam, siz O'zbekistondansiz shekilli?:brother: )

Pinkie
02-06-2006, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdugafur
Assalamu alaykum, sister Pinkie.

I agree with you in some aspects. Today we hardly find any muslim country which lives under the doctrine of Qur'an. I am afraid we may not build such an islamic society untill the emergence of Mahdi alayhissalam. Because there is a hadith of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW) which says that ater 30 years from the death of the prophet there would be no caliphate, there would be only maliks.

This is a graet warning. It also teaches that although we try strictly to build true caliphate we can not build according to the meaning of that hadith. But what should we do? How should muslims live in such a modern society which is full of dangers to true muslim?! That is a problem.

(Adashmasam, siz O'zbekistondansiz shekilli?:brother: )
Assolomu Alaykum!

Yes you are correct. When Mahdi (alayhis salam) comes, that is when everything will be right. There are people who live in modern society still holding on to the Qu'ran and Sunnah, I give them a lot of credit. I was born and raised in the U.S and I give props to parents who try their hardest to teach their children about Islam. Inshallah, our other brothers and sisters abroad are also having a strong head on their shoulders.

I am considering the Political Science field but I was wondering...how would I use that for Islam....or more like...issues revolving around places like East Turkistan, Palestine, Chechnya? Like for example-some people become doctors because they want to help those back in their countries etc.

(No, I'm not from Ă–zbekistan but good guess. I would love to learn the language though. Hayr :sister:)

Abdugafur
02-06-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkie
Assolomu Alaykum!

Yes you are correct. When Mahdi (alayhis salam) comes, that is when everything will be right. There are people who live in modern society still holding on to the Qu'ran and Sunnah, I give them a lot of credit. I was born and raised in the U.S and I give props to parents who try their hardest to teach their children about Islam. Inshallah, our other brothers and sisters abroad are also having a strong head on their shoulders.

I am considering the Political Science field but I was wondering...how would I use that for Islam....or more like...issues revolving around places like East Turkistan, Palestine, Chechnya? Like for example-some people become doctors because they want to help those back in their countries etc.

(No, I'm not from Ă–zbekistan but good guess. I would love to learn the language though. Hayr :sister:)
Wa alaykum assalom. I also think very much about the place and use of political science in Islam since I am doing my bachelor's degree in Political science in Delhi University. I think we should try to build the true islamic society with our best attempts. But it is not easy and we can not buld it unless we change the society itself. Our prophet Muhammad (SAW) did not declare the islamic society in a day when he began to take relevations from Allah. At first, he taught people what is islam and islamic life. When people were ready to live in such a society then he built an islamic state in Madina sity.

We may look at the case of hamr (alcohol). There are three verses in Quran regarding alcoholic drinks. In the first two verses the alcohol was not probihited, just they prepared people to realize the evils of that drink. With the coming of the third verse the alcohol was completely prohibited.

Today also, most of people, even muslims do not know the original message of Islam. They need to be taught the true meanings of Islam. Therefore today, at first, we should teach them how to live an islamic life, then we may begin to build a caliphate. Otherwise, there may happen misunderstandings which are being a great enemy of Islam nowadays.

(I am from Uzbekistan. What made me to ask you about Uzbekistan is that you have the picture of Uzbek girls in your avatar. Do you have any relationship with Uzbekistan or Uzbek people?:brother: )

Pinkie
02-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Bro, do you know which sura where you read about hamr?? I was just wondering.

And offtopic: Yakshimisiz? Yeah, I have some Uzbek friends. The qizlari in my avatar are Uygur but good guess!! :statisfie..if you have msn you can add me: sakura_lotus@hotmail.com. Hayr:thankyou:

Abdugafur
02-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Assalamu alaykum.
Really, I did a good guess.:statisfie Because both uygurs and uzbeks have almost the same culture. Inshaallah, I send you the verses about hamr in Qur'an. Right now I can not remember them.:?

manomano
02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
salam
every one understands ur question i think but there is not even one real islamic state in the world

Abdugafur
02-07-2006, 11:07 AM
It is a pity that you are right:embarrass

manomano
02-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Assalamu alaykum
yes i don't think any one in this world can answer u

Abdugafur
02-07-2006, 11:34 AM
But we should know the fact that the real islamic state was built in history (asri saodat) and also will be built in future, inshaallah

manomano
02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
inshaallah
i want that time to come as soon as it can

mahdisoldier19
02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Salam Alaikam

The best Islamic state within the past few hundred years was the Taliban in my opinion. They executed Islam so beautifully and as i lived under their rule they were very very Kind people they just wanted to follow Islam.

Abdugafur
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Assalamu alaykum.

Excuse me, brother. I do not think tolibans as the good muslims. They were fanatics and took many rules of Islam wrongly. They made many muslims to go to wrong way in Islam.

mahdisoldier19
02-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Salam Alaikam

Well excuse me wheres your proof? Did you live under them Or are you one of those people that watch CNN and think you know the taliban?

What rules of Islam did they take wrongly? What Muslims did they make go wrong way in Islam?

Pinkie
02-08-2006, 09:40 PM
mahdisoldier19
Did you mention you lived under the Taliban? If so, I am wondering what did you like about it?

mahdisoldier19
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Salam Alaikam

Well they were very nice people, They were strict, but they were very nice people. When we enter houses they would right away give us food and treat us like it was our home. Alot of the leaders would take us out for food. If only they had money it would of been a much better govt. Some people dont understand that the News that potrayed the taliban as unislamic, they first of all dont understand it. People fear what they dont understand. People look at the taliban as very radical. Why? For what purpose? Does anyone on this board have any evidence that they were? Besides the Hazari Shiites that were the enemies of the poshtun people for years before the talibs came in? No one really understands the point of taliban and its said to this day. Ask any true afghan if they would live under taliban if the taliban had more money and they would say yes.

Abdugafur
02-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Wa alaykum assalam, birodar Mahdisoldier19. Nag'zmi shumo?

Although I have not lived under talibons, I have learnt them thoroughly. Also, I have friends from Afghanistan. You have to accept the fact that the movement of talibans were oganized specially by the US authority. The organizer leaders of talibans were munafiqs. They took very conservative interpretations of Islamic message which were the contrary to the true meanings of Islam. I never saw any islamic scholar who supported the talibans. (I am not saying about their struggle against the US. Actually, the US could not control the talibans and they came against it later).

If you know well the rules of shariat, you will see wrongs of their rules. They are very strict in life. But Islam is not so difficult to live. They kept women completely under the control of men. They did not let them socialize and participate in a society. But Islam does not let anybody to force people to follow the way of Islam. We have obligatory just to tell them what is truth. We do not have right to force them. Everybody answers himself to his own doings.

I saw the leaders of talibans not following the Islam themselves. While they were rejecting the products of modern world like TV, musics, they got used to use them themselves. Islam is not against modernism. Every invention of the science is coming true with the sayings of Islam. But we should use them in a proper way.

One question to you. Why they let produce drugs in Afghanistan? It is haram in Islam.

The point wich we must understand well is that many sincere muslims followed talibans and believed them. I think they were victims of taliban regime. Although the most followers of them were true muslims and mujahids, their way introduced by taliban leaders were not so suitable to the true message of Islam.

mahdisoldier19
02-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Salam Alaikam Chi thorasti

If they had not allowed those drugs to ship out which if anyone knows were directly help The good Old USA GOVT. If they had not done that the taliban would of had zero money and plunged afghanistan into decades of torment and chaos. They needed to control afghanistan after the russian invasion, afghanistan was led to chaos.

So basically the reason for the drugs was the money funded and needed to sustain afghanistan under taliban rule.

2 The leaders against Music and TV, If you dont know why they diid this then im sorry. Yes they were very strict, they know the influence of TV, and Music leads to many sources of kuffar. For instance, a Man of the music industry said If the devil were to join any business it would be Music. Why? because the egos are let loose. If you look at alot of subliminal parts of music , you would notice a few songs state To worship Satan. Now some say oh come on whats the big deal? Buddy, i dont think i want my people listening to music that say worship Satan on my subconscious part of my brain which influences me to do things that i dont even think to do, i just do it.

Thats like saying at the time of Muhammad sws if Muhammad banned Slavery, what would happen? It would plunge the whole world economy down. So Muhammad sws recieved Guidance from Allah swt to allow slavery but certain rules.

Did the taliban give Opium to their people to use? No, they gave it to the other people( mainly CIA USA) for funding.

And i challenge Anybody to this day, If they can provide any evidence that Bin laden was behind the 9/11 attacks. That is the main reason why the taliban never gave him up they never got any evidence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.