/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here.

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi:) and peace to you all. My name is Kent I'm 45 years old. I'm a Christian who is involved on another Muslim forum board, and someone from there, (sorry I can't remember who:embarrass) gave the links to this one. I'm Canadian, single, and live alone except for my cat. I've been in a wheelchair since birth. I'm interested in history, military history, current events, Christianity and Islam. I'd like to understand more about Islam and to make friends.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
01-25-2006, 04:10 PM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

sapphire
01-25-2006, 04:12 PM
welcome to the forum!!hope you have a benefitial stay!!

aZn_pLayGurL
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
HeY WeLCoMe 2 dEh fOrUm

[S]eNJoY postIng :)[/S]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam
Hi back and thank you for the kind greeting Peace to you as well.:)

habib
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Assalamualaikum

Welcome to the Forum

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
welcome to the forum!!hope you have a benefitial stay!!
Thank you Sapphire:thankyou: . Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL
HeY WeLCoMe 2 dEh fOrUm

[S]eNJoY postIng :)[/S]
Thank you I hope I will

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habib
Assalamualaikum

Welcome to the Forum
:thankyou: Thank you sir.

swanlake
01-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello Kent (tempted to say Clark)

Hope you have nice stay on this friendly forum. Looking forward seeing your posts.

- Qatada -
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey..

Welcome to the forums Kent. :) insha Allaah (God willing) you'll have a beneficial stay here. If you got any questions to ask about islam or even the forum - then please do ask.

By the way - You being on a wheelchair is a blessing from Allaah Almighty (God), if you're confused about what i mean by that - please do ask and i'll provide a source to clarify that insha Allaah.

Oh yeah, our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) loved cats too! He (peace be upon him) actually had a companion/disciple who was named 'the father of cats' (abu huraira - in arabic) because he lookaftered cats all the time.

So in islam, lookaftering cats carries a reward too, the same way you should treat any creation of Allaah Almighty (God.) in a really generous/kind way.

We look forward to your posts. :)

Peace.

Tasneem
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
[BANANA]Welcome to the forum[/BANANA]

SaLaMz

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake
Hello Kent (tempted to say Clark);D I knew SOMEDAY somebody was going to say that.

Hope you have nice stay on this friendly forum. Looking forward seeing your posts.
Thank ypu for the welcome.

Kent Nielsen
01-25-2006, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hey..

Welcome to the forums Kent. :) insha Allaah (God willing) you'll have a beneficial stay here. If you got any questions to ask about islam or even the forum -

By the way - You being on a wheelchair is a blessing from Allaah Almighty (God), if you're confused about what i mean by that - please do ask and i'll provide a source to clarify that insha Allaah. .

Oh yeah, our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) loved cats too! He (peace be upon him) actually had a companion/disciple who was named 'the father of cats' (abu huraira - in arabic) because he lookaftered cats all the time.

So in islam, lookaftering cats carries a reward too, the same way you should treat any creation of Allaah Almighty (God.) in a really generous/kind way.

We look forward to your posts. :)

Peace.
Hello and thank you for the greeting. Actually I'm OK with being in a wheelchair it's part of God's plan for me, but I AM curious about what you meant so if you post me that information I'd appreciate it. I remember reading that the Prophet liked cats. But I didn't know about Abu Huraira. I just thought of him as a Companion who got tto pass on a lot of hadiths. :) Anyway thanks again for the welcome.

- Qatada -
01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey again. :)

I've posted something similar to the aspects of islam in how if a person is getting hardships in this life, it is a sign that Allaah Almighty wants to raise your status so one may attain paradise.

A simple example is how, there are some people that had so much wealth, and they didn't seem to care if there was a god or not. But once their money got lost, they never knew what to do - so they turned to God. Thats just a basic example of how a hardship in this life is a way of showing that God loves you and wants you to get closer to Him.

Some of these posts that i'm going to link you too may have some irrelevant information on, but you may get a better understanding of why people face hardships in this life, and how all of it will be worth it in the end.

Hope you dont get bored :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/161941-post4.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/161942-post5.html

By the way - if you got any more questions, you can open a new thread and you can discuss what you're unsure about if you wish.

Peace.

afriend
01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Salaam and peace!!

Welcome to the forum, I hope u get a good and clear understanding about Islam

baby_muslimah15
01-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Salaamz wassup, glad u could join us here on LI!!!! Hope u enjoy yo stay here....Layta

ummhabibah
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
welcome enjoy and looking forward 2 ur stay post.

Kent Nielsen
01-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Thank you for your greetings I appreciate them.:thankyou: Peace to you all.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
01-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

May your stay be beneficial and hope you can learn something about our religion.

Abdullah

Uthman
01-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Greetings Kent,

A belated welcome to the forums. :)

samina1
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
welc n i hope u have gr8 time here..

Sanobar
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
salam!
welcome to the forums! :)
ma'salamah

nurul3eyn
02-01-2006, 07:25 AM
salam aleik
i hope is not too late for me to welcome you to the forum :):)
welcome and enjoy ur stay i'm sure it will be beneficial and very inspiring :)

Protected_Diamond
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Hello!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Enjoy your stay with us :)

hidaayah
02-01-2006, 09:15 AM
welcum here..!! hope ur stay is beneficial..

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Hello Kent and wlecome to Load-Islam forums! :)

Hopefully we'll be able to benefit from eachother. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Here are some great sites for learning the basics of Islam:
http://www.beconvinced.com
http://www.path-to-peace.com
http://www.load-islam.com

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!