/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A boy with strong faith

Link
03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Shaykh Fath al-Mowsily relates, once I saw a young boy walking through the jungle. It appeared as if he was uttering some words. I greeted him with Salaam and he replied accordingly. I inquired, "Where are you going?" He retorted, "To the house of Allah (Makkah)." I further asked, "What are you reciting?" "The Qur'an" he replied. I remarked, "You are at a tender age, it is not an obligation that you are required to fulfill."

He said, "I have witnessed death approach people younger than me and therefore would like to prepare if death was to knock on my door." I astoundingly commented, "Your steps are small and your destination far." He responded, "My duty is to take the step and it remains the responsibility of Allah to take me to my destination." I continued to ask, "Where is your provision and conveyance (means of transport)." He replied, "My Yaqeen (belief) is my provision and my feet's are my conveyance." I explained, "I am asking you regarding bread and water."

He replied! "Oh Shaykh if someone invited you to his house, would it be appropriate to take your own food?" I exclaimed, "No!" "Similarly, My Lord has invited His servant to His house, it is only the weakness of your Yaqeen that makes us carry provisions. Despite this, do you think Allah will let me go to waste?" "Never" I replied. He then left. Sometime later I saw him in Makkah. He approached me and inquired, "Oh Shaykh are you still of weak belief?"

Source: Stories of the Pious by Shaikh Ahmad Ali.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
h1jabi_sista
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
:sl:
jazakallah khair.

may allah subhna watha allah increase our iman inshallah. ameen

BlissfullyJaded
03-31-2005, 12:48 AM

Wow! What strong imaan...subhanAllah.

Jazakallah khair for sharing.

niqaabii
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
awww
such a nice story

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM

Mash'Allah! How beautiful! :)

:w:

S_87
04-02-2005, 01:44 PM

nice story :)

sheikh ahmed ali... from bradford?

Uthman
04-02-2005, 02:01 PM

Yup! That's him! :)

Ammar
04-03-2005, 06:42 AM
mashALlah

h1jabi_sista
04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
sheik ahmed ali is brilliant mashallah! ive been working my way through his talks and the detail he puts in is amazing mashallah. 'The character of Rasulluah' is excellant mashallah and so is 'The challange of the quaran'.
subhanallah may allah subhana watha allah reward him for his efforts.

Uthman
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM

I have his cassettes on 'Dajjal', 'Gog Magog' (Yajuj and Majuj), 'Paradise', 'Hellfire' 'The Beast' (you know which one) and a few others.

He hardly breathes sometimes! He talk for about five minutes non-stop and thats what makes him so good. So much detail and evident knowledge. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

I have his cassettes on 'Dajjal', 'Gog Magog' (Yajuj and Majuj), 'Paradise', 'Hellfire' 'The Beast' (you know which one) and a few others.

He hardly breathes sometimes! He talk for about five minutes non-stop and thats what makes him so good. So much detail and evident knowledge. :)

are they (the cassetes) avaialable in USA???

h1jabi_sista
04-04-2005, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Paradise is soo good mashallah. The way he describes it mashallah is beautiful, the way the quran describes it is beautiful mashallah. i didnt know we would all be the same height. subhanallah there is soo much still to learn!!

i think he talks non stop beacuse he gets so involved in it himself. mashallah its really beautiful because he has soo much knowledge mashallah.

all praise be to allah subhana watha allah the most knowledgable and the most wise.

Uthman
04-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Indeed! Theres is so much knowledge to be obtained from even a single verse of the Qur'an. But unfortunately most people just skim through it saying "Yeah, yeah, very interesting". It's such a shame when they can obtain so much more. :)

Sheikh Haroon
04-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Inspiring story, beautiful

Khayal
09-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Inspiring story, jazak ALLAH khair :rose:

Riya90
09-05-2005, 04:15 PM

JazakAllah for sharing this gr8 story ;)

<Fi amani Allah>

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.