/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jehovahs Witnesses and Islam....

james
01-26-2006, 01:19 PM
:sl: to you all....on this freezing snowy day in Turkey......

so having been a jehovah's witness and then being agnostic and now a Muslim(well...trying to be...)......i find the two religions are very similar.....even though the holy books are very different...For example JW'S preach to people door to door becuase thats what Jesus (peace be upon him) did to send God's message....and Muslims although not doing the same thing are quite similar.Unfortunatley due to Fantatics Islam is becoming an Anti world religion or belief......Most religions change with the times but Islam, which is becoming more progressive in some lands, remains a religion of two opposites...

fanatics and peaceful lovers of God...

anyway.my main point was that both religions believe in very similar things...and yes i know that JW's interpret the bible in their own way but generally there beliefs are very peaceful although a bit fanatical in their own way.......

any other religions similar to Islam???......mormons perhaps....

we should ALL be working together to stop war...famine...oppression (darfour,durban,,africa, etc..).......but some people seem to be against all other religions although Islam teaches us to respect others not blow them up.

Allah created us all...and there are many beliefs and religions in this world...
thats another thread.......peace to all...........no arguing please.......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
01-27-2006, 05:11 PM
:sl:

Yeah, I guess there are similarites. It's because we essentially worship the same God, even though Christians kind of remix the concept of God a little.

I don't think we're very similar to Jehovah's Witnesses though. I mean, can you imagine what would happen if a Muslim guy turned up on someone's doorstep?

'Asalaam alaikum

-Whoah dude, is that like rap or something?

No, it's the Islamic greeting.

-Islamic?! You mean like... Al-Qaeda?!

Not at all. It means 'peace be upon you'.

-Peace be upon you too... SUCKA'

Then the Muslim guy would have to dodge a bullet.

Mohsin
01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Yeah, I guess there are similarites. It's because we essentially worship the same God, even though Christians kind of remix the concept of God a little.

I don't think we're very similar to Jehovah's Witnesses though. I mean, can you imagine what would happen if a Muslim guy turned up on someone's doorstep?

'Asalaam alaikum

LOL ;D ;D

czgibson
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Greetings,

I don't know how similar the Jehovah's Witnesses are to Islamic thinking, but I live in hope that one day some JWs will knock on my door.

They did turn up at my house once, but I was out, and my brother answered the door. They didn't spend long talking to him once they realised he wasn't remotely interested in what they were pushing.

I'd invite them in and give them a rigorous interview on their "fascinating" belief-system...

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kent Nielsen
01-27-2006, 10:44 PM

'Asalaam alaikum

;D Boy I hope it wouldn't be that bad.

Ghazi
01-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Salaam

Since we on the topic of 'Jehovahs Witnesses' I've got to say their actually doing work for their deen, I know the 'tabliqi jamaat' are doing work but from what I've seen they go to the muslims househoulds and this is good, but I feel that there should be an organisation that gives door to door dawa to the kufar or visits to the town centers etc.

Muezzin
01-27-2006, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Since we on the topic of 'Jehovahs Witnesses' I've got to say their actually doing work for their deen, I know the 'tabliqi jamaat' are doing work but from what I've seen they go to the muslims househoulds and this is good, but I feel that there should be an organisation that gives door to door dawa to the kufar or visits to the town centers etc.
Judging by the overwhelmingly negative perception of Jehovah's Witnesses who use this method, I think that would be an extremely bad move for Muslim/non-Muslim relations.

Note: I did not say Jehovah's Witnesses were bad, or anything like that. I'm saying that the average ordinary guy sees the stereotypical door-to-door Jehovah's Witness as an annoyance.

Ghazi
01-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Judging by the overwhelmingly negative perception of Jehovah's Witnesses who use this method, I think that would be an extremely bad move for Muslim/non-Muslim relations.

Note: I did not say Jehovah's Witnesses were bad, or anything like that. I'm saying that the average ordinary guy sees the stereotypical door-to-door Jehovah's Witness as an annoyance.
Salaam

I see where your coming from bro, But I was just thinking how many kufar their out their, and the fact that there on the wrong path. I want to help bring people to islam, and I was just wondering If their were any organisations that give dawa to the kufar.

Muezzin
01-27-2006, 11:08 PM

I'm not aware of any bro, but then, I'm not the best guy to ask.

In the meantime, surely we can lead by example as the Prophet (SAW) did? :)

- Qatada -
01-27-2006, 11:19 PM
:salamext:

Yeah i agree, if we cant act like them jehova's witnesses people by knocking on every door, we should at least follow the sunnah properly (even to the non muslims) and this will attract them or atleast make them curious about islam insha Allaah. :)

So whoever wants to look into islam will come after it, at the same time - they wont be getting annoyed with the fact that someones standing in their doorway, especially someone they hate (due to what they see in the media etc.)

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:wasalamex

Mohsin
01-27-2006, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

From what i've heard Tableeghi jamaat were originally for non-muslims, but then the scholars decidedmuslims themselves were far away from the deen and needed reminding of why they're here.But alhumdulillah i've heard of jamaats who've gone to other cities, and when they go house to house or on the way to a shop, non-muslims do stop and ask questions and listen to what they say, and lots revert alhumdulillah

I agree with Muezzin though, wouldn't be too good, when tableegh jamaat go house to house even muslims themselves get offended, so how would non-muslims act
but i think having stalls in town would be a good idea, having books avaialable free of purchase like Women Rights, Jesus PBUH in islam, Science in Quran, "Brief Illustrated Guide to islam" etc. that kind of stuff, that way you're not imposing yourself on anyone, and only people wishing to know about islam would approach the stall, so again nobody, who doesn't want to know, will be disturbed
In town here in Cardiff i've seen Christians come up with microphones shouting to people walking by how going church once a week isn't enough, u need Jesus the saviour in our heart etc, and people walking by were just laughing and not paying any intention to what was being said, so i don't think that is quite a good idea as its invading peoples privacy, and this type of da'wah would not be suited in this time and situation

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.