/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ALL religions LEAD TO ALLAH!......?

james
01-26-2006, 01:29 PM
:w: :sl: SELAM A LE KUM........Bismillah.......

having read many religious books and having been a memeber of a strict orthodox religion from the age of 4 - 19 ish......i would like to make a comment regarding beliefs and religion in general......

NOW.PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE .IT IS JUST A COMMENT REGARDING PEOPLE I HAVE SPOKEN TO AND BOOKS I HAVE READ........SO....PEACEFUL ANSWERS ONLY ...inshallah....

there is ONE GOD.....but many messengers....or religious fanatics....or peaceful God fearing brothers and sisters in all religious books.depending howyou view them......and there are MANY religions and beliefs.....

1..All religions are just a different road or path to the same God...depending on culture or the country you live in.....

2. No religion is wrong and NO religion is "THE TRUTH"..but just different ways of reaching peace within ourselves.'

3. There are good Jews, Good Muslims, Christians.etc...not becuase of which religion they practice..but ALLah looks into our minds and hearts not WHICH particular religion we practice......there are of course good and bad religious people everywhere.......

4. What we do in our lives is important..Look at Mothr Theresa for example...Was she a Muslim?....will God punish her for not being a Muslim?
in my opinion (and please dont quote anything form any book)...she will enter paradise.......doesnt matter what religion she practised.....

5. Paradise is NOT just for Muslims but for all those who God seems fit to enter....

so...please make a comment without arguing...these are JUST my own thoughts...and thru experience and reading this is what i believe....

we all find our own way or path and religion.religion is just a name, a word...its what we DO that counts..........

ALLahsmalidik.and may Allah give us all strength to continue on our particular path..........James......trying to be a humanitarian.....and a peaceful brother in this terrible time we live in......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
:sl:
[media=300,200,yes]http://www.islamyesterday.com/videos/short_videos/only_salvation.mpg[/media]

...testing...

Takumi
01-26-2006, 04:32 PM

James, I value your post. You're a good person. May Allah reward you.

Islam is not solely based on creed. While the word religion has been used to describe Islam, it's not doing justice to Islam's complete way of life.

My vocal teacher is a Lutheran, and he thinks we are in two different paths to god. Indeed we are. and I can relate to your anecdotes.

I'm writing this as an opinion only, to conform to the existence of forums. I don't intend to have the final word nor do I intend to gain fame, but I love the sound of my voice, masha Allah. :)

Please refer to soorah an Naas for this upcoming illustration.

The Quraish could never accept that Allah as their "ilaah" [the ultimate provider of laws] hence their total disobedience of Allah's rules. But did they accept that Allah is the creator, of course. There are many verses in the Quran that Allah has mentioned that the Quraish when asked , who created Heavens and Earth, they will say "Allah", on of which in Luqman. [don't delete yet, i'll cut and paste, later].

So, to accept Islam means more than identifying Allah as our lord, the fosterer [Rabb] but also our provider and the ultimate judge [Ilaah].

In soorah an Naas, Allah used two distinct nouns to describe Himself

Rabbin naas [The rabb of mankind] and Ilaahin naas [the Ilaah of mankind].

While other religions might advocate separation of church and state, we muslims believe that Islam governs our lives, from marriage to how to run a country.

Look at the 2nd verse of soorah al maaidah where Allah says:

"On this day, I've completed your way of life [deen], and I've perfected my blessing upon you and I'm pleased that Islam as your way of life"

Many times, muslims and non muslims alike translate deen as being a religion. Which, is a misnomer.

This concept of Islam as a religion, stems from secularism that originated from the people who did not want church authorities to meddle with worldly affairs and sadly, Islam somehow got into the mudpile.

True Mother Teresa had done many things that we as muslims can only imagine, but, let us see that deeds in a different perspective. I'm not judging her, I'm just enlightening the situation.

Allah, has every right on her body, mind and soul. Her being charitable was not due to her effort alone. It was Allah who gave her the soul that was caring and compassionate. It was Allah who gave her the mind think good about other people.

And it was Allah who has revealed the final scripture, the Quran that says, He's only pleased with Islam as our deen.

By right, she should have followed the footsteps of Salman the Persian who after multiple experiences with the church finally accepted Islam because he knew it was the truth.

Or, the saddest thing of all, maybe we muslims never really did go to her and try to convince her. I know I didn't. :(

Peace

Mu'maneen
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Abu Hurairah (Radeallahu'Anhum) narrated the Messenger of Allah (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) who said:
There is no one among the Jews and Christians of these present nations who hears about me and dies without believing in and appling the Message which I have been sent, but he will be from the dwellers of Hell for eternity.
Sahih Muslim Book of Faith volume 1, chapter number 240

There is enough evidence from Qur'an that tells us that anyone who dies not believing and following the orders of Allah, will be in Hell-Fire.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

WIN A PRIZE NOW!
http://www.islamic-faith.net/111.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tasneem
01-26-2006, 04:48 PM
1.Yes-
Chritians have the same God as muslims.We are all Allahs creation.
Whether we are Jews,Christians etc...

2.No-

Islam is the truth.Christianity is A bunch Of lies.
Chritianity is Man Made.Islam is God made.Some man
Named Paul made up Christianity after Jesus(A.S)
Was raised up by Allah

3.Yes-
There can be good Jewz BUT if they are good and
They have belief then Allah would guide them.
Just like you because you wanted to know the truth Allah has Guided you.

4.It is an ayat in the qur'an where it says that any religion
Other than islam will be rejected.And the good deeds done are only
Acceptable when they are done in accordance with what the Prophet Muhammed(saaws). The religion before Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, is Al-Islam; all of the other religions are man made, and not Divine; also, when there is good in a person, Allah guides them to Al-Islam; if there was no good in them, then they die a disbeliever in Allah, and a rejecter of His Prophet Muhammad. People, no matter how much good they claim to or appear to be doing, Allah is the only True knower of the hearts. So, when someone really loves Him, and wants to Worship Him ALone, He Knows, and He Guides them TO the Truth.

(My mommy wrote the above one lol mashallah)

5.No-
Paradise are for the believers ONLY
If you die in a state of disbelief(i.e a christian,Jew etc)
Then they dont enter paradise
Muslims are the only one who will enter paradise
And they also have to believe in Allah

SaLaMz

May Allah give us All the tafiq.AAmeen

swanlake
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM

Allah said, "I have not created the man or the jinn except for the purpose that they worship only Me" [The Noble Qur'an 51:56]

Whilst many religions are silent about the very purpose of our existence, the illustrious ayah above illustrates to us the purpose of our existence in this life, i.e. to worship only Allah.

Worship in Islam is quite different from the worship of many other religions. Worship in Islam is not restricted to mere rituals or designated services on appointed days or times. In Islam, worship is a comprehensive term denoting all that Allah loves and/or approves of from amongst the hidden or apparent sayings or actions of an individual. By this, a person completely submits and subjects all of his actions and sayings to the approval of the Lord of the Worlds, the King of Kings- Allah, the Majestic.

This is Islam, it encompasses intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual submission. If a saying is not loved by Allah, then it is not deemed as worship. And as a result, there is a deficiency in the person in fulfilling his purpose of existence. On the other hand, if a person says, "All praises are for Allah" or performs an act loved by Allah then it is qualified to be worship. We can only know if Allah loves or approves of something by He, Himself, informing us of it. And that is by what He has revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, i.e. the Quran and authentic Ahadeeth. Referring back to the Quran and authentic ahadeeth will give us the true understanding about an action, i.e. if Allah approves of it or not.

Therefore, one should not say, "I think God will approve of this" or "I feel God will not object". What God loves or approves of is based upon knowledge (the Quran and authentic ahadeeth) and not sheer emotion. Islam is the middle path - it encourages both knowledge and action. It warns one from having knowledge without action and acting without it being based upon knowledge. This is where we differ from other faiths.

Muslim Knight
01-27-2006, 04:24 AM

This unfortunately strangely smells of permissiveness. Like in Hinduism and Bahaism. Their creed is like, "Oh, you believe that? We'll accept that too!"

No religion will equate with Islam. The religion with Allah is only Islam.

:w:

james
01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
that is of course a matter of opinion Brother......in my view Islam is a personal choice that makes someone feel whole or its a question of finding the right path or belief for you...i dont believ its a quetion of Islam or nothing....whatever is right for your spiritual needs.it doesnt even have to be a particular religion....its like belonging to a club..and Allah wants us to worship and obey him in the best way we can..if its thru a particular religion or sect or just our own way...

yes.yes..i know.thousands will disagree but im not in a game or competition so just becuasethe majority may disagree it doesnt mean i am wrong or right.its about what makes you tick and what supplies your spiritual food or guidance.....

saying all of that.Islam is my choice but i dont see how my Jewish or christian brothers and sisters are better or worse than me.we are all on different roads leading to inshallah the same place..

we will just have to wait and see...won't we.....books can teach us many things but its what you get from them personally that counts not what some so called teacher tells you...we should control our own mind and beliefs not let books and teachers teach us....they only teach opinions based on other opinions....

i dont mean to start an argument here just writing a few comments so i too can learn and progress.........but i dont read something or take someones opinion and see it as correct...u have to digest what u read..decide if its feasible for 2005 and then see how u can use it in your daily life..not follow the crowd......PEACE TO ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS NO MATTER WHAT RELIGION OR BELIEF THEY MAY HOLD..WE ALL COME FROM GOD......AND WE WILL RETURN THERE AS WELL....inshallah

Kent Nielsen
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by james
:w: :sl: SELAM A LE KUM........Bismillah.......

having read many religious books and having been a memeber of a strict orthodox religion from the age of 4 - 19 ish......i would like to make a comment regarding beliefs and religion in general......

NOW.PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE .IT IS JUST A COMMENT REGARDING PEOPLE I HAVE SPOKEN TO AND BOOKS I HAVE READ........SO....PEACEFUL ANSWERS ONLY ...inshallah....

there is ONE GOD.....but many messengers....or religious fanatics....or peaceful God fearing brothers and sisters in all religious books.depending howyou view them......and there are MANY religions and beliefs.....

1..All religions are just a different road or path to the same God...depending on culture or the country you live in.....

2. No religion is wrong and NO religion is "THE TRUTH"..but just different ways of reaching peace within ourselves.'

3. There are good Jews, Good Muslims, Christians.etc...not becuase of which religion they practice..but ALLah looks into our minds and hearts not WHICH particular religion we practice......there are of course good and bad religious people everywhere.......

4. What we do in our lives is important..Look at Mothr Theresa for example...Was she a Muslim?....will God punish her for not being a Muslim?
in my opinion (and please dont quote anything form any book)...she will enter paradise.......doesnt matter what religion she practised.....

5. Paradise is NOT just for Muslims but for all those who God seems fit to enter....

so...please make a comment without arguing...these are JUST my own thoughts...and thru experience and reading this is what i believe....

we all find our own way or path and religion.religion is just a name, a word...its what we DO that counts..........

ALLahsmalidik.and may Allah give us all strength to continue on our particular path..........James......trying to be a humanitarian.....and a peaceful brother in this terrible time we live in......
Hi James So far as I know Islam teaches that only Muslims who accept the message of Islam will go to Jannah(heaven). Christianity teaches that only those who accept Jesus as Owner and rescuer will go to Heaven. I'm afraid sincerity and an honorable life isn't enough. isn't enough.

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by james
that is of course a matter of opinion Brother......in my view Islam is a personal choice that makes someone feel whole or its a question of finding the right path or belief for you...i dont believ its a quetion of Islam or nothing....whatever is right for your spiritual needs.it doesnt even have to be a particular religion....its like belonging to a club..and Allah wants us to worship and obey him in the best way we can..if its thru a particular religion or sect or just our own way...

yes.yes..i know.thousands will disagree but im not in a game or competition so just becuasethe majority may disagree it doesnt mean i am wrong or right.its about what makes you tick and what supplies your spiritual food or guidance.....

saying all of that.Islam is my choice but i dont see how my Jewish or christian brothers and sisters are better or worse than me.we are all on different roads leading to inshallah the same place..

we will just have to wait and see...won't we.....books can teach us many things but its what you get from them personally that counts not what some so called teacher tells you...we should control our own mind and beliefs not let books and teachers teach us....they only teach opinions based on other opinions....

i dont mean to start an argument here just writing a few comments so i too can learn and progress.........but i dont read something or take someones opinion and see it as correct...u have to digest what u read..decide if its feasible for 2005 and then see how u can use it in your daily life..not follow the crowd......PEACE TO ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS NO MATTER WHAT RELIGION OR BELIEF THEY MAY HOLD..WE ALL COME FROM GOD......AND WE WILL RETURN THERE AS WELL....inshallah
MashAllah like i said before the tafiq(guidance)is from Allah Alone.

Maybe this is what reverts go through before they can submit whole Heartedly to Allah(SWT)I dont know.
Because Al-Hamdudillah i was raised a muslim.

SaLaMz

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kent Nielsen
Hi James So far as I know Islam teaches that only Muslims who accept the message of Islam will go to Jannah(heaven). Christianity teaches that only those who accept Jesus as Owner and rescuer will go to Heaven. I'm afraid sincerity and an honorable life isn't enough. isn't enough.
Muslims Accept Jesus(A.S)But not as God.
We(muslims)Accept him as a prophet.
Nothing more. nothing less.

SaLaMz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.