/* */

PDA

View Full Version : antibiotics on the house fly (one of the prophet's miracles)

Hemoo
01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
:sl:
this is one of the miracles of the prophet muhammed (peace and prays be upon him)

in the book of bukhary it came that our prophet has said the following :-

in the book of Beginning Of Creation in (Sahih Bukhari)
Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 537.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

and here is what the scientists are saying after 1400 years of our prophet's statment :-

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s689400.htm

The new buzz on antibiotics
Tuesday, 1 October 2002

The surface of flies is the last place you would expect to find antibiotics, yet that is exactly where a team of (:X MOST LIKELY NON MUSLIMs) Australian researchers is concentrating their efforts.

Working on the theory that flies must have remarkable antimicrobial defences to survive rotting dung, meat and fruit, the team at the Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, set out to identify those antibacterial properties manifesting at different stages of a fly’s development.

"Our research is a small part of a global research effort for new antibiotics, but we are looking where we believe no-one has looked before,” said Ms Joanne Clarke, who presented the group’s findings at the Australian Society for Microbiology Conference in Melbourne this week. The project is part of her PhD thesis.

The scientists tested four different species of fly: a house fly, a sheep blowfly, a vinegar fruit fly and the control, a Queensland fruit fly which lays its eggs in fresh fruit. These larvae do not need as much antibacterial compound because they do not come into contact with as much bacteria.

Flies go through the life stages of larvae and pupae before becoming adults. In the pupae stage, the fly is encased in a protective casing and does not feed. "We predicted they would not produce many antibiotics," said Ms Clarke.

They did not. However the larvae all showed antibacterial properties (except that of the Queensland fruit fly control).

As did all the adult fly species, including the Queensland fruit fly (which at this point requires antibacterial protection because it has contact with other flies and is mobile).

Such properties were present on the fly surface in all four species, although antibacterial properties occur in the gut as well. "You find activity in both places," said Ms Clarke.

"The reason we concentrated on the surface is because it is a simpler extraction.”

The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract.

When this was placed in a solution with various bacteria including E.coli, Golden Staph, Candida (a yeast) and a common hospital pathogen, antibiotic action was observed every time.

"We are now trying to identify the specific antibacterial compounds," said Ms Clarke. Ultimately these will be chemically synthesised.

Because the compounds are not from bacteria, any genes conferring resistance to them may not be as easily transferred into pathogens. It is hoped this new form of antibiotics will have a longer effective therapeutic life.

Danny Kingsley - ABC Science Online

:w:
your brother hemoo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hemoo
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
hey brothers i thought this article is good ;
so please keep me informed
and salam all

afriend
01-31-2006, 07:49 PM
well done, mashallah.

good info.

keep up the good work!

akulion
01-31-2006, 08:03 PM
you know the best part is that abot 3 years back

I wrote to over 23 universities and reseachers on insects with this theory

One in the USA (Pa) took a lot of interest and said yet there is no evidence to suggest it but its a very interesting proposotion indeed...

So Alhamdolillah someone took up the research finally :D

woo hoooooo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hemoo
01-31-2006, 08:27 PM
thank you all for your reply and and i would like to say that as far as i know its not obligatory on any one to continue drinking his fresh juice after the fly falls into it.

wa alsalam

akulion
01-31-2006, 08:47 PM
yea man but why waste when u can taste

woo hoo

TabTabiun
01-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Mashallah!!! That is SOOOO TRUE. May Allah (SWT) REWARD You. Ameen.

Shadow
01-31-2006, 11:37 PM
:sl:
subhanAllah bro tht article was amazing i was like :eek: while reading it with awe
:)

hidaayah
02-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Mashallah and jazakallah for sharing..
wassalam

Hemoo
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
my thanks goes to all brothers and sisters and jazakum allah khayran for your encouragement

wa sallam

Hemoo
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
i ask my brothers and sisters to post other scientific articles about the bacterias and antibiotics that is on the fly's body

wa assalam alykom

Hemoo
02-26-2007, 03:30 PM
i want the moderators to make a section for the science and islam

cause this is really a good way in da`wah of non muslims

Hemoo
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
okay people i have got something new in this matter.

it is a biological research that proves every word of what the prophet (peace be upon him) said in this hadith :
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

this research's conclusions is based upon the lab results of examining the wings of three different types of the fly under the microscopes.

this research is written in arabic but there are english tables of test results included, and it was written by an egyptian professor who is espiciallized in the entomology, his name is doctor "Mustafa Ibrahim Hes".

and here is the pdf file:
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/26722...e_flywings.pdf

:thumbs_up And the case is closed with victory :thumbs_up

ranma1/2
05-14-2007, 04:46 PM
wasnt this brought up before?

Hemoo
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
what i said before was not that specific, this research proves that the house fly has one wing with disease and the other wing with antibiotics. just as the prophet (peace be upon him) said.

ranma1/2
05-14-2007, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hemoo
what i said before was not that specific, this research proves that the house fly has one wing with disease and the other wing with antibiotics. just as the prophet (peace be upon him) said.
at least by the text you quoted it says nothing about one wing with disease and the other antibiotics. "i may have missed it."

Also the scienctists gave why they thought they could harvest antibiotics from flys and it had nothing to do with the quran.

And lastly as stated in the preivous posts.
going through a complicated process to extract the antibiotics is very different from dipping a fly in your food or drink.

Hemoo
05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
all the answers you seek is in this PDF file which contains all the research results.

here is the pdf file:

to save the PDF file right click the link then save as

ranma1/2
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
all the answers you seek is in this PDF file which contains all the research results.

here is the pdf file:

to save the PDF file right click the link then save as
SO they didnt publish there findings in english?
From what i can tell of the actual article the antibiotics are covering the flies and not just one wing.

Hemoo
05-15-2007, 10:43 PM
i don't have an english version.

and as i said that if you managed to read the whole research you will find that there are bad bacterias in one wing and the other one has another kind of bacteria named B.Circulans, it is a positive gram bacteria which have some anti biotical materials in it in which it kill ather bad bacterias. and it is not as dangerous to human health as the other bacterias it kills.

i also understood that there are some kinds of funges that also discharges some kind of anti bacterial materials.

any way this research have many scientific terms and explanations which is hard to fully understand without having good biological and bacterial knowledge.

ranma1/2
05-16-2007, 12:39 AM
i don't have an english version.

and as i said that if you managed to read the whole research you will find that there are bad bacterias in one wing and the other one has another kind of bacteria named B.Circulans, it is a positive gram bacteria which have some anti biotical materials in it in which it kill ather bad bacterias. and it is not as dangerous to human health as the other bacterias it kills.
Ialso understood that there are some kinds of funges that also discharges some kind of anti bacterial materials.

any way this research have many scientific terms and explanations which is hard to fully understand without having good biological and bacterial knowledge
Lets jsut give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment.
Are you saying if you take a fly and let it puts its disease on your "food" and then you dip a fly in the food you will cure yourself? This is not what they are doing. They are using a very specific procedure to get the antibiotics. They are not dipping the flies instead as the article said,

The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract

So at the very least you are taking the quran out of context.

Now back to the link you gave me. Where did you get it? Is it done by the univeristy in australia? This is why i doubt your source since the one you provided is in arabic "my bad for not being able to read it, i do read japanese though" I would have expected the source to be in english since thats the dominant language in australia.

And for another point that puts doubt on your view.

The article in english you provided said the antibiotic compounds are not from bacteria "i may be misunderstanding the article" and you say the arabic source says they are.

جوري
05-16-2007, 02:48 AM
pages 12-20 are in English.. you can scroll down and read it.

ranma1/2
05-16-2007, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
pages 12-20 are in English.. you can scroll down and read it.
thanks
ill check it out.

ranma1/2
05-16-2007, 04:16 AM
ok i checked out the english part and it says nothing about 1 wing this and the other that.

All it says is that they used the wings to extract the antibiotics.
Every source i have read related to this sasys that the antibiotics are all over the flies and nothign about one wing having bad bacteria"poison" and the other the the antibiotic "antidote". It seems to me that you are still taking the qurqan out of context as well as reading things into the findings that are not there.

Hemoo
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
well ranma1/2, i am admired by your ignorance.

and unfortunately it is not a basic ignorance, it is a compound of ignorance.

First point of ignorance: the Verses is not in the Quran as you keep saying and i don't know how did'nt you realize through all these posts that it is a HADITH not a Quran (i hope you at least know the difference between Hadith and Quran).

second: the research i gave you in Pdf file is not the same research made by the Australian scientists.

third: the PDF file is a research made by an egyptian professor who is espiciallized in the entomology, his name is doctor "Mustafa Ibrahim" and i already said that in post no. 13.

conclution is that you don't carefully read what others write and you form your thoughts without researching things carefully.

and you made your judgement on a research which you couldn't read and even if you could have read it you don't have enough scientific knowledge to criticize the research which is written by an entomology scientist.

Note that if you kept making these patterns of ignorance i will not bother my self by clearing any thing to you.

you remind me of a statement i said before about atheists and your attitudes assures that i was right.

so to rest this conversation, i ask you one Question:

does the House Fly have an antibiotical elements in its wings or not ?

if you say "yes it has" then What the prophet (P.B.U.H) is a scientific miracles.
if you say "it has not any kind of antibiotical elements" then you are contradicting with test results made by the scientists in the labs, and this shows that you don't understand a thing in biology.

ranma1/2
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
[B]

so to rest this conversation, i ask you one Question:

does the House Fly have an antibiotical elements in its wings or not ?

if you say "yes it has" then What the prophet (P.B.U.H) is a scientific miracles.
if you say "it has not any kind of antibiotical elements" then you are contradicting with test results made by the scientists in the labs, and this shows that you don't understand a thing in biology.

Wow arent you in a mood.
First point:
So i was mistaken oh my. Now that you got that out of your system please get back to the subject.
2nd point:
Thats why i asked? I missed your posting who made it. Oops.
3rd point of yours:
And thats nice but the research does not say what you think it does.
"at least what i can read of it."

I admitted many times i may be mistaken and i may have misunderstood.

The subject was that the Hadith then, said that one wing had good and the other bad "roughly speaking". This is obviously not so. Are antibiotics on the wings? Yes. And they are on both wings and the insides as well. So is it as the hadith said? Nope.

Actually no its not. as stated time and time again there is both good and bad on both wings and the entire body including the insides.

Now if he had said

drown the flies in ethanol, then run the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract that might be used to prevent certain sickness, you might have something. But no, as what you posted.

"If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."
Lets see, dip it in the drink, soaking.
One wing, nope the entire body is covered in both.

So please stop with the adhom attacks and actually read what it says and what the research is.

Hemoo
05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
I admitted many times i may be mistaken and i may have misunderstood.

okay i can excuse you because you don't know arabic and you was not able to read the research.

so untill you can read it then i will accept your criticism in this matter.

and it is a good thing that you admit when you make mistakes.
that is really a good manner to be in any one.

The subject was that the Hadith then, said that one wing had good and the other bad "roughly speaking". This is obviously not so. Are antibiotics on the wings? Yes. And they are on both wings and the insides as well. So is it as the hadith said? Nope.
you are wrong in this point,
because actually the research says that the concentrations of the bacterias is not the same in both wings. this is shown in Table no. 1

the important bacteria named "Bacillus Circulans" which is a positive germ bacteria, this bacteria has been found in the Right wing with enough numbers to be able to kill all other lethal bacterias specially those bacterias found in the left wing such as "Salmonella arizona", "Erwina herbicola", "Pseudomonas aeruginosa".

so what you said was wrong and you based it without having any proof to support what you said.

Actually no its not. as stated time and time again there is both good and bad on both wings and the entire body including the insides.
already answered that.

Now if he had said

drown the flies in ethanol, then run the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract that might be used to prevent certain sickness, you might have something. But no, as what you posted.

"If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."
Lets see, dip it in the drink, soaking.
One wing, nope the entire body is covered in both.
now you are wrong again,

i will ask you, can the "drink" be a medium for the bacterias to grow in and increase in numbers and to kill other harmfull bacterias or not.

So please stop with the adhom attacks and actually read what it says and what the research is.
actually you are the one who need to read it.
not me, because i have already read the whole of it.

last thing: i hope that you understood what i said.

and you are welcomed to ask me any thing about the matter and i will (if Allah Wills) answer you gladly.

but if you kept on Attacking without having the knowledge then it will be a very bad conversation.

and as some people say this words of wisdom

"the people are enemies to what they don't know"

Trumble
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry, can somebody please provide a link to an article/paper in English that states that the bacteria found on one wing are systematically and consistently different from those on the other?

Failing that, could one of our Arabic speakers please provide a translation of the part of the Arabic article concerned?

Malaikah
06-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Are you saying if you take a fly and let it puts its disease on your "food" and then you dip a fly in the food you will cure yourself? This is not what they are doing. They are using a very specific procedure to get the antibiotics. They are not dipping the flies instead as the article said,

The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract
You are joking right? Can you seriously not see how the research is direct proof of the claim made by the Prophet?

What do you think it means to 'drown flies in ethanol'?? It means all they did was DIP the flies into the liquid!

By the way, the Prophet said if the fly falls in your DRINK, not food... there is a significant difference...

Although they used ethanol, I think that might have been only because ethanol is better at dissolving things than water, but water is still not bad.

The part about running the flies to extract it is nothing- it is just referring to their attempt to isolate the antibiotic on its own and does nothing to disprove the hadith of the Prophet.

It seems to me that you are still taking the qurqan out of context as well as reading things into the findings that are not there.
Just to clarify, the statement is not found in the Quran, it is a hadith, something that the Prophet said.

Sorry, can somebody please provide a link to an article/paper in English that states that the bacteria found on one wing are systematically and consistently different from those on the other?
I never understood the hadith to imply that the disease was exclusively on one wing and the antibiotic was exclusively on the other. It seems more like a figure of speech. (God knows best of course).

Although that is interesting to consider, since it would explain why the microbes aren't killed on the fly...

جوري
06-03-2007, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
You are joking right? Can you seriously not see how the research is direct proof of the claim made by the Prophet?
The ignorant think that, modern science has killed the ways of old when in fact it swaps one rogue term for a sophisticated one. Could you survive on a desert island? depends do you have your wits about you? or do you need vigeroux column to distill chemicals derived at maximum of 295 degrees?

The under educated are clangorous, they believe we've have progressed from the ways of old, They don't know that their Insulin is synthesized from Ecoli bacteria, their protamine sulfate comes from fish testicles, their [(provera) progesterone] comes from pregnant horse serum, their Penicillin, derived from a common kind of mold that grows on bread. Vinca alkaloids derived from the common periwinkle plant.

So they come feigning knowledge, and being heedless engaging in a topic of which they haven't the slightest of ideas. The best thing to do is carry on our ways and shrug your shoulders in amazement at their vulgar display of ignorance!

:w:

ranma1/2
06-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes, I can seriously see how this research is not proof of the prohet. We have given many reasons why.
1# you are selectively reading the verses.
2# if you make enough vague predictions or what have you, you will eventually get something possibly right.
3# I contend that Napaleon Dynamite is a prophet since he predicted in his art that Ligers exists. Next thing we know its possible to breed tigers and lions together.
4# You are reading more into the evidence than is there.

What do you think it means to 'drown flies in ethanol'?? It means all they did was DIP the flies into the liquid!
No actually they did not dip "as in a i dipped a strawberry into chocolate" They soaked the flies in ehtanol which mind you is not a drink or food. You can dip a fly into your coke or barbecue chicken as much as you want and the only thing you are likely to do is get yourself sick or perhaps ruin your appetite. And from what i have read the flies wings were soaked in most cases since those are easy to harvest without worry of other contaminations.

By the way, the Prophet said if the fly falls in your DRINK, not food... there is a significant difference...
Depends on the translation, another problem i have withthese so called prophecies or predictions.

Although they used ethanol, I think that might have been only because ethanol is better at dissolving things than water, but water is still not bad.

The part about running the flies to extract it is nothing- it is just referring to their attempt to isolate the antibiotic on its own and does nothing to disprove the hadith of the Prophet.
I disagree.
Just to clarify, the statement is not found in the Quran, it is a hadith, something that the Prophet said.
Yes someone has already pointed that out, thanks.

I never understood the hadith to imply that the disease was exclusively on one wing and the antibiotic was exclusively on the other. It seems more like a figure of speech. (God knows best of course).
And this once again goes into translation. If its a figure of speech then it seems much more likely that he is saying dont worry about the food. Just eat it. Eating is more important than starving.

Although that is interesting to consider, since it would explain why the microbes aren't killed on the fly...
What explains? The microbes have pretty much developed a evolutonary battle. They are in competition for dominance.

NoName55
06-04-2007, 06:15 AM
"What is this we bs?" was part of a longer post and is out of context now as it makes no sense and there is no need for anymore of you bs to make it worse.

It is painfully apparent to me now that no distinction is made beteween proper discussion/enquiry and plain ole bull/copy-paste, posted by braindead little retards ( of all and no Faiths) to raise their selfesteem , as well as by trolls, kuffaar, and "muslim" innovators.

NoName55
06-04-2007, 06:19 AM
I can't protest at your BS or explain anything for Sr. al-zara (might) keep deleting/modifying my replies to you. so carry on desecrating any and everything (that we hold sacred)

Edit:

Modified in light of restoration of a deleted post that has come back

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.