/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unique topic

Far7an
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
:sl:

A friend of mine has a project which needs help with. A book has to be written, something related to Islam but at the same time appealing to non-muslims too. It can not be anything already discussed or written about. It has to be about something unique, we need ideas people and we need them quick.

Jazakallahu khayran in advance, your help is most appreciated. :brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
01-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Good idea......Let me get my thinking cap on (Topi off course LOL)

I got an idea:

Do a really really good story of someone who is a very good person (perfect example Rasoolullah (SAW)) but don't spill the beans that it's an Islamic book....just keep on telling the stories of our Nabi (SAW) and right at the end say that this is the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and this is what it means to be a muslim...or something like that...I know it's a rubbish idea....u probably wont even consider it

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Hmmm...why Muslim woman wear hijab

SaLaMz

Far7an
01-26-2006, 09:01 PM

:) jazakallah khair for taking the time to reply and your suggestion. That is a good idea, and would be excellent for da'wah. But when need a title for a topic, and InshaaAllah research will need to be done, and a paper written. The title needs to give some indication as to what the book is about.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Hmmm...why Muslim woman wear hijab

SaLaMz
There are tooooo many books on that...It's gotta b unique......Still worth a try

What about my suggestion?

I knew it......It was a rubbish idea..........

Far7an
01-26-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
What about my suggestion?

I knew it......It was a rubbish idea..........
My reply to your idea is in post number 4 :brother:

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
I was just asking my sister about this and she gave me these:

About Hajj

One of the companions

About one of the prophet Muhammeds wives

SaLaMz

Far7an
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
I was just asking my sister about this and she gave me these:

About Hajj

One of the companions

About one of the prophet Muhammeds wives

SaLaMz
Jazakallahu khayran for your suggestions, again those are all topics which have been discussed in great detail.

Noor
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM

cool....I dig creativity! I'm kinda busy right now but I couldnt resist posting.

Title? On foot from one place to another under one baking Sun

The topic^^^...well, I havent a clue. How about something to do with climate change and islam??? not original enough?

Or, the sun can symbolize equality among nations...ahhh, typical topic.

Ok, ok, okay.... Topic should be along the lines of one world, one purpose.. that is, if you like the title.

BRB.

:w:

Halima
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM

What appeals non-muslims and muslims but at the same time is unique?
hmmm well, I'd been digging through the comparative section they have some really great topics there and I just came up one topic that talks about Prophet Muhammed(saw) in the bible. As far as I know, this hasn't been discussed very much but you can see for yourself.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ily-bible.html

if this topic doesnt appeal to you you should try and search the comparative section.

Far7an
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM

Jazakallah khayr for the suggestions.

Sister Halima, I agree there are sooooo many topics to discuss regarding comparitive religion. Most of them have already been discussed, but if you know of any particular areas which you feel have not been touched on, please suggest them here.

Noor
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM

So I guess Islam and Climate Change is out the window?

Far7an
01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

So I guess Islam and Climate Change is out the window?
wa alaikumusalaam

Jazakallah khayr for the suggestion, but not what I'm looking for.

mohakem
01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
As salamu alikum

'Animal rights in islam'

Dont think i've come accross such a book yet, though there probably is one out there.

Wa alikum salam

edil
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Asalamu Caleykum
Islam basically talks about everything in life but you can talk about what makes islam a unique religion and the muslims a steadfast people and why they go through all those rituals and whats behind all that they do. Allah knows best and may Allah make this research a beneficial one to non muslims and easy for you.

*charisma*
01-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Maybe it can be a book that disunifies the label of a terrorist and a muslim since most people seem to associate the two as the same.

Topics discussed could be why muslim men have long beards (since they label those with beards with certain ethnic backgrounds as terrorists), jihad, how Islam is more about peace than it is of violence, etc.

Titles:
The Man in the Turban lol
Disguise of the Beard
Inner Mind of a Praying mu'min
Not for your country, For your Lord
Unwrapping the Rose of Islam
Disassembling the inners of the Bomb
Which Favors of thy Lord will Ye deny?

Sorry they sorta sound :-\, but thats all i can think of at the moment.

Oh and possibly some pictures of people during worship..hajj, praying, eid, etc.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Silver Pearl
01-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I know what this is in reference to, well i hope the below suggestions are helpful:

1) The battle (talk about one battle during the reign of Islam, badr, uhud etc)

2) The son (talk about Yahya (as) and his father (as)

3) The perished nation (you can talk about the ppl of lot, nuh (pbut) or pharaoh)

4) Orphan child (self explanatory?)

5) Gleaming wings (talk about the angels)

6) Rain on the grains (talk about the ni3m of food and how rain is good, you get the point)

7) Learn their names (talk about different companions of the prophet (ra) highlighting some of the things they are known for)

Hope it goes well inshallah

minaz
01-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Ok, first of all what are non-muslims interested in- THIS LIFE!
What have we got in this life that they are interested in (and obviously some of us)
- Entertainment/Celebrity
- Money
- Fashion

My dea woudl be this: Of one that would create great interest for both parties would be, "how have we came into this social/political climate today", in other words how have we came into this current period in time, where the War on Terror is no.1 political issue, why is their social unrest, why have we advanced in our material & mentalities so quickly within 50 years.

Far7an
01-27-2006, 08:53 AM

Jazakallah khayr to all those who have put suggestions forward, there are some excellent ideas. If anyone wishes to share anymore, feel free to InshaAllah,

Barakallahu feekum.

Muezzin
01-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I think the 'Animal Rights in Islam' is very original - Minaz's suggestion ain't bad either :p

How about 'Islam and the abolition of slavery' with a fair bit on Islamic attitudes towards racism, the work of Malcolm X, and clearing up the difference between the Nation of Islam and 'Orthdox' Islam?

Needs a lot of refining, but that's my two pennies.

Snowflake
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

A friend of mine has a project which needs help with. A book has to be written, something related to Islam but at the same time appealing to non-muslims too. It can not be anything already discussed or written about. It has to be about something unique, we need ideas people and we need them quick.

Jazakallahu khayran in advance, your help is most appreciated. :brother:

I read the first few suggestions then jumped straight to reply cuz I was eager to put my suggestion forward lol. *promises to read all posts after reply* :D

Well, initially this idea was for my own book but I don't get past the first chapter as too many other things to do. So I'm passing it on with the view that if it helps the brother then I don't mind if he uses it. Especially as it's for a good cause.

Anywayz, it goes something like this.

Main character is a muslim. Mine is a young female but brother can use a male character too. Born and bred in a western country, she is not a bad person, but doesn't practice deen either. She goes clubbing and partying but isn't necessarily commiting zina. However through intermixing she gets involved/falls in love with a non-muslim male and this leads to zina. (sin 1)

Note: To inject reality in the story, include some clubbing scenes, their atmosphere etc. Oh and maybe the temptation to drink and take drugs. Sorry I can't help you there. :happy:

Anywayz, their carelessness leads to her ending up being pregnant. (sin 2) The guy isn't happy and tells her to have an abortion. All of a sudden she realises that he never loved her and realises why her religion forbids intermixing in the first place. But it's a little too late. To cover her sin she has an abortion. (sin 3) Note: how one wrong led to others & this part can be used to highlights the benefits of Islamic teachings e.g why prevention is better than cure.

In writing own my initial plot I had only created the character but not all of the events that follow. So I'm making most of it up as I go.

Her younger sister finds her diary with details about the abortion and tell the mother. In short (you gotto make this up yourself) her father threatens to kill her and out of fear she runs away.

Alone & depressed, she asks some old student friends if she can live with them in the house they share. Some of them think nothing of shop lifting and when she sees how many things they can get, she joins in too. Greed makes her forgets her past sins for now, as she enjoys the freebies she gets. But soon after, the group get caught for shoplifting. The humiliation of standing up in court brings back all the other wrongs she's done. (I can't think right now but I think a few more bad things should happen before her life turns around, the bro could read other peoples experiences and take ideas from there-womens magazines are a good source). : )

Hopeless and depressed, she attempts suicide but is found by the other housemates. The hospital refers her to a social worker who happens to be a muslim. (Find out more about social workers to make it sound realistic, as I hadnt got round to it myself).

The social worker puts her in touch with other muslims sisters and one of them take her under her wing. The sister does not judge her but wants to help her to follow deen properly. She drags her off to all sorts of classes for muslim sisters and soon the girl realises that despite being covered up and all that these sisters are happier than she's ever been. The sister takes her to her home and the girl instantly feels at peace in the islamic environment of the sisters home and wonders how she ever thought that these sisters were oppressed due to their islamic lifestyle. (Some girls from my neighbourhood have said they feel this when they come to my house, but they go back to their ways when they go out the door, cuz of their friends influences.) :mad: (don't worry, I'm working on them though) :happy:

This discovery leads her to take a genuine interest in Islam. She realises why Islam teaches what is does and soon after she begins practicing. Now she has hope of being forgiven whereas before she thought she'd go straight to Hell.

One sister advises her, to take up teaching herself, which she does. She ends up teaching English to sisters who have recently moved to the country.
One sister is looking for a wife for her brother, who's own wife died after giving birth to a child. (Hope it sounds ok) :-/

The girl is worried about the brother finding out about her past. She confides in the sister that she had made mistakes in the past and that she's not sure if the brother should be made aware of it. Between them they decide to tell the brother so that he is not mislead in any way. But as the sister brings up the topic with her brother, he silences her by saying that, if God could forgive then why shouldn't he and he is happy with the way she is living her life today. (Highlight forgiveness in Islam here).

This over and done with, results in their marriage and (I'm tired now,lol) to cut it short they live happily ever after and make it their mission to give dawah and teach Islam to youngsters to help save them from being mislead due to lack of deen & falling victims to the Shaytaan. :phew

How was it?

To me it shows the beauty and effectiveness of Islamic teachings without being too in your face so to speak and without seemingly trying to, it shows non-muslims why Islam is how is it. But I would say that, wouldn't I? :happy:

Anwayz, It might not be all good but I hope it's given the bro, some idea for his book, inshaAllah.

Good luck to the bro. I think he's got a great idea, mashaAllah.

P.S sorry for the long 'idea'. I'm really really bad at shortening things lol : )

*comes back to edit* hehe I think I've wrote a whole book instead of giving an 'idea'.

MetSudaisTwice
01-27-2006, 10:45 AM
salam
how about doing a book on the topic of the terror law in britain? and when blair tried to propose a law to keep a terror suspect detained up to 90 days?
wasalam

Eric H
01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Greetings and peace Far7an;

I don’t think there are any truly unique topics that haven’t been written about many times over

The one topic that could interest non- Muslims is the philosophy that inspired the late Doctor Zaki Badawi. After his death the leaders of a number of faiths spoke of what a great man he was and his work for interfaith relations. You might check out the thread started by sonz.

If he was able to build bridges of understanding then there must be the theology within Islam that encourages this kind of work, how can we inspire people to look and live by the positive aspects of religion. We have to share communities with people of many faiths, how can we challenge and inspire people to build friendships through diversity?

In the spirit of seeking interfaith friendships

Eric

Takumi
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
How about Duties towards parents? That issue is universal and has a cross cultural feel to it.

In laws, for example are usually viewed as annoying and exasperating, but the reality is, your inlaws are your spouse's parents. So, dissing them or trying to get your husband/wife to ignore them is asking your spouse to neglect their own parents.

Another issue is, morals in the classrooms. Research in education has shown:

(1) Single sex schools' students fair better academically
(2) Admission to religious-based schools increased due to good record of not only academic achievements but less disciplinary problems.

Last but not least that I could think of [busy giving tickets? :p], good parenting.

Peace.

Lateralus63
01-27-2006, 02:16 PM

I think fiction books really appeal to non muslims on a really wide scale. Its just fiction books take a LOT of skill to write and there is already a huge competition for fiction books.

There was a book called Brick Lane written by a bengali muslimah, it won the literature prize of the year. It was just about a woman who came from bangladesh into an arranged marrige and felt miserable etc. At times the author tells she's reading Quran, she even translates some of the arabic into english.

That book is a good example of a muslim-non muslim association through literature. Again fiction books take great skill to write so im not sure if thats an option?

If it was a non fiction, i would say base it on some history. Some islamic history from the ottoman empire or Sirah.

waji
01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Aslam u Alikum
Masha'Allah there were many nice and unique topic posted my brothers and sisters here is one from me
"Light" simple title for the book light in which everythink can be seen
"Peace" As every think of this world is created by Allah so Allah knows better what is good for us.
Walikum as Salam

salehah
01-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Asalamoalikom brother

Simple suggestion for title
"To infinity and beyond"
Emphasise on man's mortality,
the need to think beyond our short spanned life and
to worry about something that is going to be eternal."

bas

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.