/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moments and incidents which touch/move, make you cry

Brother_Mujahid
04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
This incident takes place during the opening of jerusalem in Umar (ra) caliphate..........

".......Over the years Bilal had risen in strature as a saintly muslim, and had become the most closeset and venerated companions of the prophet. But on his death bilal had fallen silent; he would not call adhan anymore.

It now occured to some of the companions that perhaps the conquest of the holy city jerusalem was an important enough occasion for bilal to break his silence. they asked Umar to urge him to call adhan, just this one time! Umar turned to Bilal " O bilal! the companions of the messenger of Allah implore you to call the adhan and remind them of the time of their prophet, on whom be the blessings of Allah and peace."

For a few moments Bilal remained lost in thought. Then he looked at the eager faces of the companions and at the thousands of muslim soldiers who were gathering for the congregational prayer. then he stood up. Bilal would call the adhan again!

The glorious voice of the illustrious Mu'azzin beat upon the vast multitude. As he called the opening words, Allah is Great, the minds of the faithful turned to memories of the dearly loved Muhamad and tears welled in their eyes. When Bilal came to the words, Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, his audience broke down and sobbed............"
taken from Khalid bin Waleed the sword of Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
When i read the following hadith, it indeed made me cry subhanallah.
According to a Tradition related by Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Da'ud and Nasai, on the authority of Hadrat Abdullah bin Mas'ud, the first Surah in which a versa requiring the performance of a sajdah (prostration) as sent down, is Surah An-Najm. The parts of this Hadith which have been reported by Aswad bin Yazid, Abu Ishaq and Zubair bin Mu'awiyah from Hadrat Ibn Mas'ud, indicate that this is the first Surah of the Qur'an, which the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had publicly recited before an assembly of the Quraish (and according to Ibn Marduyah, in the Ka'bah) in which both the believers and the disbelievers were present. At the end, when he recited the verse requiring the performance of a sajdah and fell down in prostration, the whole assembly also fall down in prostration with him, and even those chiefs of the polytheists who were in the forefront of the opposition to the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) could not resist falling down in prostration. Ibn Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) says that he saw only one man, Umayyah bin Khalaf, from among the disbelievers, who did not fall down in prostration but took a little dust and rubbing it on his forehead said that that was enough for him. Later, as Ibn Mas'ud relates, he saw this man being killed in the state of disbelief.

h1jabi_sista
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
:w:
I was reading this in the islamic biography section one night and it really moved me subhanallah.

Acceptance of Islam of Omar ibn khattab
Omar was twenty seven when the Holy Prophet began his mission. Young Omar was one of those who did not care to listen to the message of Islam. He was for the old way of life. As years went by, Islam made a slow headway. This made Omar angry. Do what the Meccan chiefs might, people who once went over to Islam never went back to their old faith. One of Omar's own maid-servants became a Muslim. He beat her as much as he could, but she would not give up the new faith.

At last in the sixth year of the Mission, a number of Muslims left for Abyssinia. This made Omar boil with rage. "Here is a man," he thought to himself "who has split the people. People lived smoothly enough. He appeared on the scene He has torn son from father and brother from brother. Now his followers are running away to another land. Surely Muhammad is the cause of all trouble. I must slay him and put an end to the trouble."

With this resolve Omar drew his sword and set out to kill the Holy Prophet. On the way he met a friend who asked him why he looked so upset. Omar told him what he was going to do. "You better take care of your own kin first," said the friend, "Your sister and her husband have gone over to Islam."

These words changed the direction of Omar's anger. He went straight to the house of his sister, Fatima. He knocked at the door. Someone was reciting the Quran inside. Fatima was terrified when she heard Omar's voice. She hid the portion of the Quran she was reading and opened the door.

"What was it that you were reciting just now?" Omar demanded.

"Oh nothing," said the sister.

"Why nothing?" he shouted in rage.

"I have heard it alright. I know you both have accepted Muhammad's faith."

Saying this, he began to beat his brother-in-law, Saeed. Fatima ran to his help and got a blow to the head. The head began to bleed. This made the couple bold. "Yes, we have become Muslims," they shouted at Omar. "Do what you will."

The sight of the bleeding sister deeply moved Omar. Fatima was such a loving sister! Surely there must be some great truth in the Quran which had won her innocent heart. "Would you let me have a look at the Quran?" said Omar.

Fatima handed him the few pages of the book she had.

Omar sat down to study the pages. Soon his face changed. His anger cooled down. The fear of Allah gripped his heart. He wept and declared, "Surely this is the word of Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah."

Omar was again on his way to the place of the Holy Prophet. But he was not a changed man. He was not going to slay him but to embrace his faith.

The Holy Prophet was sitting in the company of some men. He saw Omar coming and asked, "Omar, what brings you here?"

"O Prophet of Allah!" replied Omar, "I have come to embrace Islam."

Great was the joy of the Holy Prophet and his followers. Loud shouts of "Allah is Great" rented the air of Mecca. Soon everyone knew that Omar was no longer an enemy of Islam. It was a great day for Islam because one of its bitterest enemies had become its staunch follower.

By reading his biography it just showed to me the importance of faith and how much more i needed to improve. And i just wished that i was alive in those times so that i could have been there.

:w:

Noora_z3
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
all beautiful sotries, but the first one is the most touchy...it brought tears to my eyes...i still can feel all the love the companions had for Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him..may Allah resurrect us with him...Aameen..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
04-04-2005, 07:05 AM
:sl:

Yeah, I was just reading that story of Sayyidina Bilaal (Radiallahu Anhu) yesterday. :'( I can't imagine how the Sahabas must have felt after demise of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam). I remember reading once, Sayyidina Anas said the following: “I have never witnessed a day better or brighter than that day on which the Messenger of Allâh(Peace be upon him) came to us; and I have never witnessed a more awful or darker day than that one on which the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) died on.” :'(

Another story that makes me tear is the story of how Sayyidina Uthman (Radiallahu Anhu) was brutally was killed. :'(
The rebels increased their pressure, and reaching the door of the house of Uthman set it on fire. Some rebels led by Muhammad b Abu Bakr climbed the houses of the neighbors and then jumped into the house of Uthman. It was the seventeenth day of July in the year 856 C.E. uthman was keeping the fast that day. The previous night he had seen the Holy Prophet in a dream. The Holy Prophet had said, "Uthman, break your fast with us this evening. We will welcome you". That made Uthman feel that it was his last day of life. He prepared himself for death. He sat reading the Holy, Quran, and his wife Naila sat by his side. Some rebels entered the room of Uthman, but they could not dare murder the Caliph. Then Muhammad b Abu Bakr entered the room and held the beard of Uthman. Uthman said that he was like a nephew to him, and he would be false to the memory of his father Abu Bakr if he contemplated any violence against him. That made Muhammad b Abu Bakr waver in his resolve, and he walked out of the room. Seeing this some of the rebels entered the room, and struck blows at the head of Uthman. Naila threw herself on the body of Uthman to protect him. She was pushed aside, and further blows were struck on Uthman till he was dead. From God he had come and to God he returned..
Source
:'(

Noora_z3
04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Subhanallah, wat a story, its awful......wat a faith...May Allah resurrect us with these ppl...Aamin..

Brother_Mujahid
04-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet had informed the people of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Jafar bin Abi Talib and Abdullah bin Rawaha before the news of their death reached. The Prophet said, "Zaid took the flag (as the commander of the army) and was martyred, then Jafar took it and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took it and was martyred." At that time the Prophet's eyes were shedding tears. He added, "Then the flag was taken by a Sword amongst the Swords of Allah (Khalid bin Al-Waleed) and Allah made them (i.e. the Muslims) victorious." [Bukhari]

Sheikh Haroon
04-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh that story of Mu'adh ibn Jabal not seeing the Prophet again, was most heart touching. :'(

Muhammad
06-26-2005, 06:57 PM
:sl:

Yes I found the first one and one mentioned above very moving. I also found reading about the death of our Prophet (saw) very touching, as in the book 'When the Moon Split' and 'Aishah bint Abi Bakr' :'( :'( :'(

Jusuf
06-28-2005, 01:05 AM
I cry for the decline of Islamic Ummah today...

zahra
06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
May Allah s.w.t bless our Ummah with peace and tranquility Ameen.

Indeed, the state of our Muslim brothers and sisters is a very worrying thought.
Allah s.w.t help us all in keeping strong with our faith Ameen.

Muhammad
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
:salamext:

Let's have some more entries Insha'Allaah!

F@tim@
06-10-2007, 11:17 PM
one incident that really makes ma heart break is when the Prophet (PeaceBeUponHim) went to give da'wah to the leaders of Ta'if. The children of Ta'if were made to chase him...and the Prophet was bleeding so much because of the stones thrown at him that his shoes were filled with his blood....it makes me think that the Prophet sacrificed so much for us....so that we are allowed entry into Jannah and today this is our way of thanking him.

Umar001
06-11-2007, 12:11 AM
After I became Muslim it took me a while to get used to things, I didnt know much about the sacrafise of Muhammad, peace be upon him, I had studied it from a was he right or wrong view, not a 'how much did he care about his ummah view'

So I just kind of read about Jesus and those near him, I came across Surah Maryam, and was amazed and happy to have found it, I hadn't told my Mum I was Muslim so I found alot difficult, I read and found it amazing, the whole story to me is amazing but I'll talk about this part:

Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing). (Maryam 19:27)

"O sister (i.e. the like) of Hārûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman." (Maryam 19:28)

Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?" (Maryam 19:29)

"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allāh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;" (Maryam 19:30)

To me, the whole story showed me that, Mary, herself found it hard, Allah quotes her, She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!" so it reminded me that she went through harder things than I, but in the end she still remained strong, she pointed to Jesus with full faith in Allah!

Ibn Kathir writes;

Concerning Allah's statement,

﴿فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ قَالُواْ كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِى الْمَهْدِ صَبِيّاً ﴾

(Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle'') This is what took place while they were in doubt about her situation, condeming her circumstances, saying what they wanted to say. At that time they were slandering her and falsely accusing her of a horrendous act. On that day she was fasting and keeping silent. Therefore, she referred all speech to him (the child) and she directed them to his address and speech to them. They scoffed at her because they thought that she was mocking at them and playing with them. They said,

﴿كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِى الْمَهْدِ صَبِيّاً﴾

(How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle) Maymun bin Mahran said,

﴿فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ﴾

(Then she pointed to him.) "She indicated, `Speak to him.' They then said, `After she has come to us with this calamity, she now commands us to speak to one who is a child in the cradle!''' As-Suddi said, "When she pointed to him they became angry and said, `Her mocking us, to the extent of commanding us to speak to this child, is worse to us than her fornication.' ''

﴿قَالُواْ كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِى الْمَهْدِ صَبِيّاً﴾

(They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle'') This means, "How can someone speak who is in his cradle, in the state of infancy and a child''

I used to sit and imagine how scared it must have been for her, just, how scary, I mean, I've never ever had that type of fear.

Another thing that amazed me, not so much of a story, but just, I dont know, but its this.

And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allāh) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allāh, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son ['Iesa (Christ)], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels, etc.)]." (Maryam 19:88)

Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing. (Maryam 19:89)

Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins, (Maryam 19:90)

And

And to warn those (Jews, Christians, and pagans) who say, "Allāh has begotten a son (or offspring or children)." (Al-Kahf 18:4)

And to think that I used to utter, that I was taught to, and that some people I know still do, and when I used to or people say it now, that the heavens are almost torn, from such words, easy on the tongue. SubhanAllah.

But the most amazing story to me, is mine, as a human, christianity gave me a father like figure, but never have I felt so close to anyone as with Islam,

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allāh, the Best of creators. (Al-Mu'minun 23:14)

Allah made me, I always knew God made me, but reading it like this felt amazing, reading,

And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islāmic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation).

Felt like a buzz, although I'd always prayed to God, this removed any doubt at all what so ever at a time I was confused, and the most amazing verse I had found, which is not the greatest but amazed me was;

Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

Wallahi I have never found a verse which has made me more, I don't know how to put it, more in wanting to establish a reletionship with God than the above one.

barney
06-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Seeing a Iraqi boys face as he ate his first chocolate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.