/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what was your jummuah khutbah/naseehah about?

Brother_Mujahid
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
todays khutbah was on salah

-the prophet saw a man playing with his bear while in salah, on which he commented that a person who is in khushoo (concentrating in salah) his whole body will be in khushoo. i.e his eyes will not be looking aorund, the person will stand straight and firm

-The prohet saw also said "pray as you see me pray" as muslims we love our prophet and so should imitate him in every thing he does.

-When a person stands in obedience to Allah and stands firm with humility and humbility the person will able to repel evil when encountered with it.

- guard your prayers, especially the asr prayer

- if a person does not have hayaa in salaah then a person will lose imaan as the prophet (saw) said a person without hayaa has no imaan

-The person can be a thief if he steals from his salaah. i.e he does not perform his ruku and sujood properly (the bowing and prostration to Allah) these positions are the ones where the slave of Allah is closest to his Lord.

-The importance of praying in jamah was outlined, with the example of a stray sheep being an easy victim for a wolf.

wasalam :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Indeed it was good MashaAllah

May Allah give us the ability to act upon what was said during the khutbah, Ameen

Uthman
04-01-2005, 02:36 PM
:sl:

Firstly, I feel I must compliment you Brother_Mujahid for creating such wonderfup topics recently! Keep it up! Mash'Allah (I think)

Secondly, I have no idea about what our Khutbah was about because our imaam speaks in his own language. Believe me, we've tried and tried to change that. Sometimes it's just no use trying to persuade people. Although, here and there he quotes a little Hadith in English now and then. But apart from that . . . . . I might as well do some zikr while he does his khutbah I guess. :)

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum!

Subhanallah! I was thinking...well going to make a topic on this just today too! Didn't go jummuah not that it's a duty upon me Allahmdulilaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
04-02-2005, 02:18 PM

He's from Pakistan. So is it punjabi then? I presume it is. :( We used to have a really knowledgeable scholar ( I think he was a scholar) who used to give a 5 minute speech in English but he's gone now so the whole of the Khutbah is in Pakistani. Theres nothing we can do. We can't sack the imaam, he's a good imaam and we don't really have anyone who's that knowledgeable to give us a speech pr anything in English. (apart from me of course :p You think they'd be impressed? ) But it's just sooooooooooo stupid. If you come to stay in England permanently then learn English!

Uthman
04-02-2005, 02:30 PM

No, I'm not Pakistani I'm afraid. :( I'm from England obviously but my parents were born in Mauritius :). I'm learning urdu though. Minzz, Ammar and Mehreen are teaching me. :) I still don't think you can justify it. :(

Uthman
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM

They're teaching me on msn! You could be great you know . . . .

Ok, this is getting off topic. So unfortunately, no I have no idea what my khutbah was about. :(

I'm sure there are more people that went to Jummah last Friday! Let's hear what yours were about! It's our duty to share our knowledge and learn from each other! Or we could just wait until next Friday . . .

Khattab
04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
They should speak the Queens English in talks, I feel sorry for guys who dont understand the language being spoken, especially reverts, but the main mosque here speak in Urdu and English during Jummah, and the Imam gives an hour talk every friday after maghrib in english, he is a great brother. But smaller mosques always give the talk in urdu.

WomanOfJihad
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM

i mUst say Talks in Urdu are Affective and feels realy Different .. compared to the english Talks.. Alhumdulillah English talks are good as well... but its nt as affective as Urdu ones..

Uthman
04-05-2005, 04:36 PM

Well, I'm not going to stay in Warrington forever so InshaAllah when I am older I will move to a place where they deliver Khutbah in English too. (Although I will be a pro at urdu by then) ;)

Far7an
04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
The main point which was made today

We should not use our words to cause problems within the Ummah rather we should use it to Unite the Ummah. :)

*hopes brother mujahid will help him out*

Brother_Mujahid
04-08-2005, 01:55 PM
yes, good summary :thumbs_up

Umm Yoosuf
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM

I went to Jummuah salaah today Alhmdulilaah. To my Surprise there was a guest there MUHAMMAD JIBREEL! Alhmdulilaah.

He read some Qur'an before the salaah started.

Followed by a 10min Kutbah in English about sticking to the Sunnah of the Prophet (May the Paece and Blessing Allah be upob him). Not innovating.

Followed by the adhan...
Then some ppl prayed sunnah...subhanallah.....

Then Another adhan.

Then a khutbah in Arabic 30mins long!

The 'Iqaamah.

Then Muhammed Jibreel lead the salaah. He has this beautiful voice Masha Allah.

ChasingRainbows
09-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Salam Alaikum,

Since ramadan is in the horizon I'll make it a point to say only beneficial things. So this is what I learned in jumuah kutbah 2day (sep 30, 2005);

1. Allah tests those people whom he loves. (if ur being tested allah loves u)
2. Allah tests the people with the thing which they love.
3. Because the human heart can only love 1 thing at a time.
4. So that Allah may purify the heart of the other thing which they love.

Example of the story in quran. prophet ibrahim as. loved 2 have a son, so when Allah gave him a son (ismael) in his old age he was happy. so Allah tested him to slaughter his son to focus his love only on Allah. so he did as he was told but allah stopped him and he took him as a khalil (very close friend).

5. If you love your parents, spouses etc. then that love comes as a result of you loving Allah.

Arwa
09-30-2005, 08:55 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Great post masha'Allah.

Nice, short and to the point. :thumbs_up

Umm Yoosuf
09-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Masha Allah excellent post. Jazakallahu Khayr :)

Riya90
09-30-2005, 09:13 PM
JazakAllah for sharin it with us sis. ;)

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2005, 10:08 PM

That was a great point. :thumbs_up Jazakallah khair for sharing sis. :sister:

Zuko
09-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Wow... masha''alh great post and jazakallah khair for sharing it... Never thought of it that way...

TEH
09-30-2005, 11:36 PM
I have a very suspicious feeling, very very suspicious, and I maybe wrong, and the hint is ever so subtle so maybe some of you missed it, but maybe, do you think maybe she wanted us to post what our Khutbahs were about too???

:)

wasim134
10-01-2005, 11:16 AM
yeah jazzakulaah for the info nice and short!

Bass
10-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice n short
safe Bruv

ChasingRainbows
10-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Salam alaikum,

Teh I have a very suspicious feeling, very very suspicious, and I maybe wrong that you got an A in your critical reading class.

waji
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Aslam u Alikum
Jasak Allah very nice

TEH
10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChasingRainbows
Salam alaikum,

Teh I have a very suspicious feeling, very very suspicious, and I maybe wrong that you got an A in your critical reading class.
They said I was too clever for that class...

:(

Anyway, my khutbah was about the Fiqh of Fasting aswell...

:)

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2005, 05:56 AM
asalamualykum warahmatulahi wabarakathu

jazahka Allah 4 sharing yo knowledge!!

walakumasalaam warahmatulahi wabarakathu

Far7an
10-03-2005, 06:10 AM
assalamu alaikum

Threads merged.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.