/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need your opinions

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:04 PM
salam alaikum

well I was trying my hand at making an e-card today and its an Eid E-card in flash...

its just a test thingie but anyways....

The thing that I need your opinion on is that is it approriate for me to use the music I have in the card?

I wanted to give it a "festive touch" and remembered the hadith of the Prophet "Let them sing, every nation has its eid and this is ours"
So I guess just for festivity would this music be alowed?

Please keep in mind I have not had the chance to add a preloader to the flash file so on slower connections it may take a little time to load...but its not that big about 280 KB

>>>>>>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW <<<<<<<
Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
01-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Music is harram. period.

How bout qur'an???

You dont have to have music.

SaLaMz

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:08 PM
On Eid you are allowed Music and furthermore all forms of Music are not prohibited in Islam

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I have never heard that on eid music is allowed

So on eid wine is allowed??????????

If it is prophibited for a reason then why is it that on eid we can do it???

Tht makes no sense to me.

Plz explain

SaLaMz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
01-28-2006, 05:12 PM
:sl:

I don't think its a good idea to put music. Maybe if you post something like recititations or nasheeds then they will be a whole lot better insha'Allah.

Barakallahu Feekum.

:w:

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Well bro there is the Hadith regarding where the girls were singing in the presence of the Prophet(sa) and Abu Bakr (ra) came in and said "the instruments of the satan in the Prophets presence?" And the Prophet (sa) stopped him and said, "Every nation has its eid and this is ours"

I will try and get the correct references for this hadith for u in case u havent heard this before but its a very famou one bro...

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Well bro there is the Hadith regarding where the girls were singing in the presence of the Prophet(sa) and Abu Bakr (ra) came in and said "the instruments of the satan in the Prophets presence?" And the Prophet (sa) stopped him and said, "Every nation has its eid and this is ours"

I will try and get the correct references for this hadith for u in case u havent heard this before but its a very famou one bro...
Ok thanxs for the proof

And one more thing:

Im a woman!!!!!!lol

SaLaMz

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok I dug up the proper ruling regarding this music issue on Eid

Fiqh-us-Sunnah
Fiqh 2.153

Playing, amusements, singing, and eating on the days of 'id

Recreation, amusements, and singing, if they stay within the moral bounds, are permissible on the days of 'id.

Anas reports: "When the Prophet came to Medinah they had two days of sport and amusement. The Prophet said: "Allah, the Exalted, has exchanged these days for two days better than them: the day of breaking the fast and the day of sacrifice." This is related by an-Nasa'i and Ibn Hibban with a sahih chain.
'Aishah says: "The Abyssinians were preforming in the mosque on the day of 'id. I looked over the Prophet's shoulders and he lowered them a little so I could see them until I was satisfied and left." This is related by Ahmad, al-Bukhari, and Muslim.

Ahmad, al-Bukhari, and Muslim also record that she said: "Abu Bakr entered upon us on the day of 'id and there were some slave girls who were recounting [in song the battle of] Bu'ath in which many of the brave of the tribes of Aus and Khazraj were killed. Abu Bakr said: 'Slaves of Allah, you play the pipes of the Satan!' He said it three times. The Prophet said to him: 'O Abu Bakr, every people have a festival and this is our festival."' In al-Bukhari's version, 'Aishah said: "The Messenger of Allah, entered the house and I had two girls who were singing about the battle of Bu'ath. The Prophet lied down on the bed and turned his face to the other direction. Abu Bakr entered and spoke harshly to me, 'Musical instruments of the Satan in the presence of the Messenger of Allah!' The Messenger of Allah turned his face to him and said: 'Leave them.' When Abu Bakr became inattentive I signaled to the girls to leave. It was the day of 'id and the Africans were performing with their shields and spears. Either I asked him or the Prophet asked if I would like to watch them [I don't recall now]. I replied in the affirmative. At this the Prophet made me stand behind him and my cheek was against his. He was saying: 'Carry on, O tribe of Arfadah,' until I tired. The Prophet asked: 'Is that enough for you?' I replied: "yes," so he said: 'Leave [then].'"

Ibn Hajar writes in Fath al-Bari, "Ibn as-Siraj related from Abu az-Zinad on the authority of 'Urwah from 'Aishah that the Prophet said that day: 'Let the Jews of Medinah know that our religion is spacious [and has room for relaxation] and I have been sent with an easy and straight forward religion. "'

Ahmad and Muslim record from Nubaishah that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "The days of tashriq (i.e., the days in which the 'id is celebrated) are days of eating and drinking [non alcoholic drinks] and of remembering Allah, the Exalted."

--------------------------------------------------------

So keeping that in mind can you please give me some opinions?

Because to be honest I really like that music its so festive perfect for eid :D

ps: lol sorry sis jihad I hardly ever check genders...i always call everyone bro...so sorry i said bro - sis

afriend
01-28-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL

Well it depends...if ur going for a westernized approach, then urrrmmmmmm. The board wont allow western music, e.g. love songs, songs with rubbish lyrics.

but nasheeds are a must!!!!!

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:23 PM
I love Eids

I always stay up all night and days!!

So much fun :D

Yes I guess thats Spanish / Italian 'fiesta' type of Music....

Does anyone know of any festive nasheeds which I could use instead?

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 05:24 PM
O.k but you dont possibly mean the ones they play today....do you???

I mean its crazy....and ummmm..inappropriate

SaLaMz

afriend
Well:

Zain Bikha, Sami Yusuf, yusuf Islam (miss out 786) all have festive nasheeds

Halima
  • The majority of Muslim scholars prohibit music and musical instruments. It is mentioned in Sah&#238;h al-Bukh&#226;ri that Ab&#251; M&#226;lik al-Ash`ar&#238; said: “I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say: “There will be a group of my people who will legalize for themselves adultery, pure silk, intoxicants, and stringed instruments."

• The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I was ordered to avoid two foolish and vile sounds; a sound of a musical tunes and Satan’s musical instruments, and cries made on account of a calamity.” [Sunan al-Tirmidh&#238;]

• The only exception to this ruling is the duff, a tambourine without bells, which only women are allowed to use among themselves as an accompaniment to their singing at weddings and on other festive occasions. This was permitted by the Prophet (peace be upon him).

source:www.islamtoday.com

Tasneem
01-28-2006, 05:29 PM
MashAllah i mean maybe the hadith that the brother just gave was
Abragatod(Changed or has no meaning or does not count)

Just as the one about asma about her covering her body
and the only thing that she can show is the face and hands.

That hadith was abragatoed because the verse about the woman covering
Everything was sent down.

Maybe the same goes for the one the brother just gave.
Allah knowz best.

SaLaMz

afriend
01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
we don't know that sister.....Allah knows, but we should look at the ra'wee (chain of narrators)

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:37 PM
the article I gave you is a direct Quote from Fiqh (Islamic Law)

So I dont know how the rulings of Islamonline.com can over rule Fiqh since Fiqh is something that which under an Islamic state would be the Law

afriend
01-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Hmmmm....interesting......

looks like we're gonna have to do a bit of research on the 2 ahadeeth

Uthman
01-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Music is a very controversial issue in Islam over which the scholars are not all in agreement. It has already been discussed here but as Ansar said, this forum is not for prolonged fiqh discussions.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar
As mentioned in the forum rules, this forum is not for prolonged fiqh discussions. Music is a controversial topic within Islam and there are differences of opinion amongst Muslims that I wouldn't expect to disappear. Everyone has to follow what they believe is most in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah, as understood by the early pious generation of Muslims. We do not simply follow what is in accordance with our desires.

Before I close this thread, I would like to re-iterate what I have said previously about the consensus of Muslim scholars on this issue. Scholars would agree that profane music or music that incites one to do evil (as is most prominent in the western music industry) or music that promotes immorality - all these are haraam. Scholars would also agree that simple vocal songs (nasheeds) calling one to Allah swt or reminding one of the truth, that these are permissable. Between these two categories there is a large grey area. So let every individual focus on what will benefit them in the afterlife.

For more information:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...&postcount=194
For what it's worth, I agree that instruments are haraam. This book analyses the Qur'an and ahadith and includes a section on Exceptions to the Rule of Prohibition as Indicated by the Authentic Sunnah

:w:

P.S. Zain Bhikha's Eid Nasheed is good. I forgot what it's called. :brother:

khurm
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
also the prophet (s.a.w) said that all women had to have the face covered infront of men at all times their are onky allowed to show they face to their husbands and their family members like brothers father uncle

akulion
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
i totally agree that music like madonna michela jackson and all those are totally haram

but my question is is the music in the e-card suitable for EID :p

since on Eid we are allowed to be festive and celebrate as long as we stay within bounds of decency

And i dont believe anyone viewing that e-card will throw a wild party with that e-card playing in the background :p lol

Halima
01-28-2006, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khurm
also the prophet (s.a.w) said that all women had to have the face covered infront of men at all times their are onky allowed to show they face to their husbands and their family members like brothers father uncle

You are right, but let's stay on topic about the music insha'Allah.

Barakallahu Feekum.

afriend
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
there's nothing wrong with the Music!!!

Just put some islamic 1s on. then every1 will be happy&#172;

Halima
01-28-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
there's nothing wrong with the Music!!!

Did you read brother Osman's post that says music is still a controversial topic in Islam? Some scholars agree while others don't.

http://www.islamicboard.com/167536-post19.html

Just put some islamic 1s on. then every1 will be happy&#172;

Indeed. The surest way to make his E-card popular . :)

afriend
01-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I wasn't talking about new age music.....I was talkin about Islamic music.....

think about it.....Everything in this world is a sort of music (if u don't understand, then ur concept needs a slight change)!
Wen a bird sings, it is music.
wen the wind screams, it is also music.
wen the waves crash on the shore, again IT IS MUSIC

Halima
01-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Peace bro.

think about it.....Everything in this world is a sort of music (if u don't understand, then ur concept needs a slight change)!
Wen a bird sings, it is music.
wen the wind screams, it is also music.
wen the waves crash on the shore, again IT IS MUSIC

There is a huge difference between the peaceful sounds of nature and the cursing rap lyrics that dwell into the violence that is going on in the world today. The so-called lyrics that fill people's minds with all sorts of rubbish that eventually overtakes their actions.

Back in the Prophet(saw)'s time there was no such thing as Rap or Hip Hop or anything that caused calamity.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I was ordered to avoid two foolish and vile sounds; a sound of a musical tunes and Satan’s musical instruments, and cries made on account of a calamity.” [Sunan al-Tirmidh&#238;]

afriend
01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
i know, i know that's true, I was trying to get the point accross that Music is not completely haram.

If it was, then Allah would have turned every muslim deaf(Allah forbid)

*charisma*
01-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol, come on pps give bro akulion a break eh? at this rate we wont get anywhere because like Osman pointed out this is controversial over scholars and last time i checked none of us are scholars to be discussing this.

Bro Akulion, i think the card is funny and neat mashallah, the music does run along with the card.

Inshallah tho, if i were someone to pic out a card, id pic one with like quran on it and nasheed or recitation in the background, ofcoarse thats just me :) just givin u some ideas inshallah in case u need to make more since people prefer different things instead of the flashing colors and stuff lol.

Barak Allah feek for your efforts
Great ideas

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

afriend
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Jazakallah, true said sis.

*charisma*
01-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

wa iyak, i think we shud all give some input on this if we want to help a brother out, after all he did have the courtesy to ask all of us sincerely best thing for us to do is answer back. Whether he decides on the music itself, its his decision and i think that he is knowledgable to make the right one subhanallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Uthman
01-28-2006, 06:23 PM

Brother Akulion, does your music contain any instruments except the daff? I've been looking over some fatwas and ahadith and have realised that none of them state that musical instruments become halal at the time of Eid. It seems that when Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq was referring to “Musical instruments of the Shaytaan in the house of the Messenger of Allaah" he was referring to singing. Anyway, I'm not a scholar, and neither are many of us here so I maintain it's best to refrain from discussing something which even the Ulema are not in agreement on.

Hey, what is the definition of 'music' anyway? I need a dictionary, lol.

EDIT: Yeah, I agree with what sister Charisma said. :brother:

akulion
01-28-2006, 06:25 PM
jazak Allah khair sis Charisma :d

well this was my first attempt at a card lol

so its mainly testing purposes...ill probably work on something better in the coming months since I intend to launch a new e-cards site for muslims insha'allah someday

afriend
01-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Inshallah,

May Allah make your project a success!

ameen.

*charisma*
01-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ameeeeen

oh and bro if ur projects ever become very successful *which inshallah they will* dont forget us lil ppl eh :shade:

remember im the one that ummm...had to talk to mr.bear cuz umm u know for updating technical reasons, :D *:rollseyes:*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Whether he decides on the music itself, its his decision and i think that he is knowledgable to make the right one subhanallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Before he puts the music he should know which one he at least permitted to use I mean I don't want him to be misgiuded. what if he puts the kind of music that is prohibited in the first pleace? I know that the topic of music is a grey area in Islam but we shouldnt keep quite and let him post his music and by the time that he finds out that it is prohibited its too late. No. He specifically asked us if we think music should be with his E-card. We told hi9m our opinons. some people think no and some people think yes. When I said no, I gave my daleel because I wanted him to understand my reasoning. Better safe then sorry right?

sapphire
01-28-2006, 06:39 PM
woah!!!!ok well i think that its best to steer clear of doubt(music) but like bro akulion said its his first attempt.....so inshallah we can help him to make it perfect right???

(oh n yea soo agree with sis *charisma*dnt frget us lol)

akulion
01-28-2006, 06:40 PM
my projects are all non commercial :p (the islamic ones atleast)

so dont worry i wont forget anyone...

i nearly got 97 dollars just for having my website online yesterday but alas it was not meant to be...lol

afriend
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Really? i have a website.....but it's a shame no1 gives me money 4 it.....

www.fozley.tk

lol only jokin

akulion
01-28-2006, 06:44 PM
uufff bro it was so cool....i could smell the 97 bucks!!!!!
I was planning what I was gona buy online etc etc looool

and then the guy changed his mind :|

*charisma*
01-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

well duh, u think u can give all of us a dollar without leavin anyone out hehe

j/k, nah ekhi ur site is very cool mashallah and getting better, and its gud ur keepin it islamic, May Allah reward u ameen

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

akulion
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
jazak Allah khair - insha'Allah once I can afford a dedicated server thats when the show really begins :D

we are going off topic now

so yes music is music unless its pizza

unless you are on a planet where music is caled pizza
ofcourse and pizza is caled music

but philosophically speaking and taking into account the theory or relativity
I think ill use nasheeds for the e-card :D

aamirsaab
01-28-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL i love this e-card. Loving that italian/spanish whatever it is - making me laugh.

Takumi
01-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Akulion,

Just put the music man! I like it! Leave the fatwa to the scholars and as far as we know, there's no consensus among them, unless we don't regard Qardawi as a scholar. Majority doesn't mean all.

Hey, just do it. The people who like to put Quran on cards, let them do it themselves. :p

that's not how al quran should be used anyway, unless the SCHOLARS have other views? :D

I like you card, I wish I had that skill.

Those people who don't dig it, they can buy Hallmark cards and those people like me, I can sure use it. Might be useful to give to my non muslim friends..and show them what Eid is all about.

I look forward to your completing the card!

samina1
01-29-2006, 06:43 AM
oi oi ppz, whts goin..

khurm
01-29-2006, 10:26 AM
you do not need to put that music in to the eid-e vard because the prophet (s.a.w) forbidded us from listening to music

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.