/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Last chance for peace activists in Iraq- New video

DaSangarTalib
01-29-2006, 04:37 PM
:sl:

A new video footage aired by an Arab satellite channel showed the group holding the four Western peace activists in Iraq, including Norman Kember, British, giving the U.S. government the last chance to fulfill its demand of freeing all Iraqi prisoners or else it will kill the hostages.

Mr Kember, 74, of Pinner, north London, was kidnapped along with two Canadians and an American in Baghdad on 26 November.

Mr Kember was kidnapped along with two Canadians and an American on Nov. 26

The four appeared in the footage standing against a wall and speaking to the camera but their voices could not be heard.

Muslim peace groups, scholars, and activists from all over the world, including the Palestinian Islamist group, Hamas and Lebanon's Hezbollah, have appealed for the safe release of the four aid workers.

More than 200 foreigners have been kidnapped since the launch of March 2003 war on Iraq, in some incidents, captors were seeking ransom, in other cases they were trying to put pressure on hostages’ governments to withdraw their occupying troops from Iraq.

Many have been freed, but about 50 have been killed.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
01-29-2006, 04:43 PM
This is bad news......more bad publicity for muslims.......this is saddening!

mahdisoldier19
01-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Salam

Yeah thats true very sad.

Eric H
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Greetings and peace fozley;
This is bad news......more bad publicity for muslims.......this is saddening
Despite what the press may say I believe that most Christians do not look on the captors as true Muslims. I also sense that most Muslims distance themselves from this kind of activity and many Muslim groups have appealed to the captors of Norman Kember for his safe release.

Last week I met a friend of Norman Kember and she was saying there is a constant prayer vigil for his safe release.

I admire greatly the peace activists who put themselves in places of danger in order that they might strive for justice and peace for others.

I know that some of these activists write declarations that if anything should happen to them then they forgive their enemies and they also ask that there are no reprisals.

In the spirit of seeking justice for all people.

Eric.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wahid
01-30-2006, 01:21 AM
WTH whos this unknown group? i have never heard of em or the reports of their attacks, if these man are wat they claim they are they should absolutly be freed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.