/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My little Sister and Islam: Can any sisters help us?

AntiKarateKid
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey guys. My little sister has just started exploring her religion but she has mistakenly gotten the wrong idea about the two women one man verse. She took it as meaning men were twice as good as women and was a little distressed. My parents work late and I am not knowledgeable in this. The best way to learn about Islam is to start from the basics right? How can i explain Women and Islam to her????:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Firyal
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
:s:

Try talking to her or make some reference in hadiths. There are books which talked on Women in Islam, try buying those books and hand them to her to read. I think she must be quite matured to understand.

:w:

sevgi
02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
:sl:

tell her that shaytan will use anything in order to turn us off islam, and that she shudnt change her perception on islam until she finds a clear explanation for that specific teaching.

guide her to reliable sources...the quran and tafsir...hadeth which suport em...or find her a really lovely knowledgeable person to speak to...

peace.

Malaikah
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM

Heres a little article about women in Islam. It might be helpful. Give it a try.

http://islamtoday.com/discover_islam...&sub_cat_id=57

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Hey guys. My little sister has just started exploring her religion but she has mistakenly gotten the wrong idea about the two women one man verse. She took it as meaning men were twice as good as women and was a little distressed. My parents work late and I am not knowledgeable in this. The best way to learn about Islam is to start from the basics right? How can i explain Women and Islam to her????:exhausted

go to this link, download the Muslim Women: Are The Oppressed Lecture?:

http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Vol1.html#Part8

Mufti Menk will show why women in Islam have it twice as good as the men!

and you will, In Sha'a Allah, make du'a after du'a that you can represent Islam as well as Brother Menk!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.