/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When did Moses/Musa aleyhissalam lived?

anatolian
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Salam aleykum.I would like to hear from you if there is a source with strong evidence concerning the life time of Musa alehissalam? Any Islamic,Jewish or Christian or secular historic source ? Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
02-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I created this thread 3 weeks ago but it was approved yesterday!

muslima1
02-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I have studied about musa (alayhisalaam)'s life but none of the books had the exact date all opf them said there was a lot of different dates from which no one know the correct one. I will try and find out inshallah but there i sno guarantee I will find something.

Keltoi
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
The most commonly accepted date is the 13th century BCE..or BC. Universities now usually require we say BCE, meaning Before Common Era instead of BC.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
03-01-2008, 08:36 PM
There's very few evidence Moses actually existed.

YusufNoor
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam aleykum.I would like to hear from you if there is a source with strong evidence concerning the life time of Musa alehissalam? Any Islamic,Jewish or Christian or secular historic source ? Thanks.
:sl:

1526 BC
Moses was born to Amram and Jochebed. Pharaoh Tuthmosis I of Egypt commanded the midwives that all male Hebrew babies were to be killed at birth. Jochebed kept him hidden at home for three months, then she put him in a basket and into the Nile River. Pharaoh's daughter, Hatshephut, found him while bathing and knowing he was a Hebrew adopted him as her own son. Jochebed was paid by Hatshephut to nurse him until weaned (abt. 2-3 years). Moses was then raised in the court of Pharaoh and educated in all the wisdom of Egypt. [Exo 1:15-19; 2:1-10; Acts 7:22]
Nothing is said of when Miriam, Aaron and Moses sister, was born, but she was quite a bit older than Moses. It is possible that Moses was born to Amram at the age of 137, maybe even a few months before he died as there is no mention of him after Moses was born. Since her father had commanded all male Hebrew children to be killed, Hatshephut told her father that Moses was her son.

source:

http://www.abiblestudy.com/part2.html

:w:

Keltoi
03-02-2008, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
There's very few evidence Moses actually existed.
It is hard to find physical evidence of anyone who lived that long ago, the only evidence we have is contained within the Bible. The Books of Moses, which may or may not have all been written by Moses himself. They most probably were not.

Malaikah
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
:sl:

These dates are based on the bible aren't they? Any Islamic based dates?

Cabdullahi
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
The surah TAHA is a beautiful surah about prophet musa aleyhissalam

Whatsthepoint
03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
This site claims the pharaoh described in the surah, the pharaoh whose body was preserved, was called Mineptah.
This site has this to say about him
Mineptah, fourth and last Pharaoh of the XIX Dynasty, ruled Egypt from 1235 to 1224 B.C. He was the thirteenth son of Ramses II and Isinofret and came to power at a ripe old age. If his father was considered the Pharaoh of the Jewish slavery in Egypt, his son Mineptah was considered the Pharaoh of the Exodus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah

barney
04-13-2008, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The most commonly accepted date is the 13th century BCE..or BC. Universities now usually require we say BCE, meaning Before Common Era instead of BC.
Hmmph, I have had some Johovas wittnesses telling me that BCE was Before Christ Eternal.

(which I pointed out that if it was before something that had existed forever then that was a oxymoron, and the path of the converstion deteriorated thereon......as it always seems to with me and the JW's.:)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-13-2008, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Hmmph, I have had some Johovas wittnesses telling me that BCE was Before Christ Eternal.

(which I pointed out that if it was before something that had existed forever then that was a oxymoron, and the path of the converstion deteriorated thereon......as it always seems to with me and the JW's.:)
Greetings Barney.

BCE meaning is "Before the Common, Christian, or Current Era"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.