/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would the world have been a better place if it would have been ruled 'matriarchial' ?

guyabano
02-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Greeting to you all,

Most societies today are patriarchal. But if women were leaders of society, what would be different? Would there have been less corruption and wars? Would the world be a place of peace ? Would the world be at this level of science without men like Gallilei, Newton, Einstein, Pytagoras, etc... . Of course there was Marie Curie, then who else?
Corruption also existed under women leaders, like in the Philippines under Marcos Regime, Cris Aquino, and Macapagal is nothing better either.
Would it be a blessing, if USA would follow Germany's example with its first female Chancelor 'Angela Merkel'. Also, don't forget, France was also close to elect a woman 'Segulaine Royal' as prime minister

Me personally, I worked once under a women and I must say, I never had problems with that.

One of the big differences beween men and women is, that men can fight together, and five minutes later, everything is forgotten and we are again best friends. But women, uhmmm, NO !

So would the world be a better place under women's rule?

Interesting reading !

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
men rule - literally. and i think its better that way

why? because we think less with emotions, we are physically more capable and mentally equally capable, lastly we never have moments such as child birth or "time of the month".

If there are more under-achieving men in the west then sucks to them eh, doesnt mean women would rule the world better, just means men need to shape up !

------
02-04-2008, 10:02 AM
:salamext:

because we think less with emotions
Lol...true.

So would the place be a better place under women's rule?
I don't think so...

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
men rule - literally. and i think its better that way

why? because we think less with emotions, we are physically more capable and mentally equally capable, lastly we never have moments such as child birth or "time of the month".
Woah! you dont have to be so brutally honest about it :X
we are physically more capable and mentally equally capable,
doesnt mean that you shouldnt seek a womens opinion though. (speaking generally)
If there are more under-achieving men in the west then sucks to them eh, doesnt mean women would rule the world better, just means men need to shape up!
good point. are you thinking of the hadith btw?
:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
^ forgive me if i caused any offence sis!

and as for seeking a womans opinion... i think a man would be helpless and dead without a woman (generally, there are rare exceptions). I've seen so many people who are one way without their wives/sisters/mothers etc and are completely different with them.

So men do rule, but women help a great deal, infact its a 50/50, if you know what i mean !

by the way, what hadith?!

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM
^ forgive me if i caused any offence sis!
forgiven.
by the way, what hadith?!
This one:
Bukhari (4425) reports from Abu Bakr ahthe following hadith: “Allah provided me with considerable benefit during the battle of the Camel with one word (or one statement). When news reached the Prophet (S.A.W.) that the Persians had appointed Chosroe’s daughter as their ruler, he said: “A nation which placed its affairs in the hands of a woman shall never prosper!”

------
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
:salamext:

“A nation which placed its affairs in the hands of a woman shall never prosper!”
Woah... :muddlehea

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
yo sis :D relax hun and do remember that hadiths are subject to interpretations :sunny:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
^ yeah sis, i always remember that hadith when anyone speaks of a woman ruling, and i think "naudhubillaah"

Assalamu Alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
what do you mean though:? its collected by Bukhari. am I misunderstanding something here?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
^ Wa Alaikum Ussalaam

I mean, i dread a country and expect it to be destroyed when i hear a woman is about to rule it. That is why i expected bangladesh to be destroyed, and to be honest its never really prospered in terms of economy or islaam much, and then i heard pakistan might be ruled by a woman, i feared the same for it.

Allaah has given beautiful roles for men and women, if only we had the right mentality and understanding to accept it...

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
ooo, i understand now.

Suomipoika
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I mean, i dread a country and expect it to be destroyed when i hear a woman is about to rule it.
Dont be silly. Finland has had a female president for years, we also have more female ministers in goverment than male, and we havent been destroyed. If anything, our GDP growth has been higher than average of other EU "male" led countries. Not to mention we are constantly ranked among the top in various worldwide surveys of "competitiveness, happiness, press freedoms, education, least corrupt" etc etc.

Finland was the first country in the world where women gained the right to stand in elections without restrictions and second in world to gain voting rights. After that we transformed from poor backwards country and one of the last places in Europe to have serious and devastating famine to a highly industrialised and rich country.

Women leaders certainly are just as good men, and Id be very much against if someone here tried to curtail good leaders from accessing positions of power just because they pee differently.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
Dont be silly. Finland has had a female president for years, we also have more female ministers in goverment than male, and we havent been destroyed. If anything, our GDP growth has been higher than average of other EU "male" led countries. Not to mention we are constantly ranked among the top in various worldwide surveys of "competitiveness, happiness, press freedoms, education, least corrupt" etc etc.
so, it dosnt mean its gonna happen now.

Suomipoika
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
so, it dosnt mean its gonna happen now.
When is it going to happen? :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
When is it going to happen? :hiding:
your concept of "destroyed" and our concept may differ greatly.

I see the west as destroyed, to be honest i see most of the world as destroyed. but im sure you dont see it that way..

Keltoi
02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I think the world needs leadership period, whether that leader is a man or a woman. A woman is just as capable of being a good leader as a man. I'm not sure if the world would be "better" if women were in charge, but I think the world would be "better" if there weren't roadblocks based on gender for leadership positions. Who knows what great female leaders there could have been without all the gender walls that kept them from achieving such goals.

cihad
02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
i don't think the world needs a male or female ruler, everybodys messed up. What it needs is Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.