/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can't wake up for morning prayers :(

mohsen1985
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

I'm a very heavy sleeper, and cannot wake up in the morning for prayer :cry:. I've tried so hard and want this so much, but it seems like an impossible thing to do. Just to give you an idea of how heavy of a sleeper I am, here's a lil something that happened a couple of months ago. It was around 2 AM when someone in our building accidentally droped some pretty big metal trays on the stairs, and they started banging around going down making a lot of noise, to the point where half the neighborhood woke up to all the chaos. But me:cry:, didn't even hear anything, my parents told me in the morning and they were shocked that I didn't hear anything. I always set the alarm clock, but that doesn't help either. It keeps going on snooze for hours until I wake up and shut it off:cry: There was even an earthquake some time ago which woke up the entire city, but me . . . still asleep.

I try to drink a lot of water before going to sleep so maybe it'll help me wake up earlier, but that doesn't help either.

My parents, sister, friends, they all watch me when I'm asleep, and they say I look so peaceful when I'm sleeping. So peaceful that it makes them feel relaxed

What do I do? :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
:salamext:

Brother do u pray the rest of ur prayers? Do u know the punishments for missing a prayer?

Just remember - 29,200,000 years (roughly) in hell for missing one prayer....if that doesn't wake u up, i don't know what will...

qassy!
02-04-2008, 01:55 PM
brother i know how it is i am a heavy sleeper as well, once my cousins came round they started 2 play music full and i didnt wake up.

But I found a solution
I set the alarm on my phone and make sure the vibration settings are on
then the vibration of the phones wakes me up :)

hope this helps inshallah

edit: also try the obvious like sleeping earlier etc etc

mohsen1985
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Brother do u pray the rest of ur prayers? Do u know the punishments for missing a prayer?

Just remember - 29,200,000 years (roughly) in hell for missing one prayer....if that doesn't wake u up, i don't know what will...
Yes sis, I do the rest of my prayers and try to be on time, I make up the ghaza prayer for morning prayers as well. Just can't wake up on time

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Do your other family members get up for fajr? If so, put them in charge of waking you up. There is a tradition of the Prophet (saws) that a husband or wife should sprinkle water on each other's faces if they do not wake up for the morning prayer. Get a spray bottle and put a sibling in charge of spraying you awake ;D I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it, and you'll wake up, inshaAllah.

mohsen1985
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Do your other family members get up for fajr? If so, put them in charge of waking you up. There is a tradition of the Prophet (saws) that a husband or wife should sprinkle water on each other's faces if they do not wake up for the morning prayer. Get a spray bottle and put a sibling in charge of spraying you awake ;D I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it, and you'll wake up, inshaAllah.
Tried that too, but they usually give up after 10, 15 minutes.:-[

------
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Cold glass of water... :D

qassy!
02-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Cold glass of water... :D
yhhh get ur dad 2 chuck some cold water on ur face mine did that when I couldnt wake up myself

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985
Tried that too, but they usually give up after 10, 15 minutes.:-[

They tried shaking you awake or spraying you with water?

Have you talked with a doctor about this?

cihad
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
sleep on the floor, or somewhere hard.

Ali.
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM

You don't go to hell for missing one prayer as far as I know, if your sure about that then supply proof please.

Brother, if you really cannot get up then no worries - Allah is most merciful, all forgiving, and if you really cannot wake up then pray it late and don't worry, as Allah has created you as a heavy sleeper.

Atleast your trying and Allah knows that.

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
hey bro,have you tried maing Du'a?

Never fails :)

WaSalaam...

truemuslim
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
wen ur pops is waking u up (if he does) and u dont wake up wait till he gets the horrible cup of ice cold water and pours it on ur face while yellin at u sooooo loud u think somthing big is happening and if that dont work ...hmm...oh i know!! set all the alarm clocks u can (cell phone, ipod, clocks etc) and dont turn them off until ur annoyed by them... lol i just relized the 'snooze' button on the clock is for pressin it while the clock is ringing so u can go back to snooze..lool...

Heera Singh
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Although I'm not muslim I can try offering some advice since we also have early morning prayers..

firstly... u might want to get checked by a doctor.. heavy sleeping might be a sign of low iron or vitamins or any of that good stuff in ur body or blood..

We sikhs are also supposed to wake up early, before sunrise, for meditation and prayer (so between 4 and 5 or so).. so when I first started I had to let my body get used to this habit... so what I did is I set my alarm for 6;30 everyday... so my body got used to it (i was accustomed to wakin up at like 8:30 or 9:30 everyday since i was fortunate enuff to have late classes everyday hehe).. after some time my body got used to it and i changed my alarm to 6:00... did that for a few weeks and gradully worked my way down to 5:30... and finally 5:00.. for sum1 who's jus startin out, the body needs to get accustomed to a sleep pattern...

and yes, the phone under the pillow on vibrate worked for me... scared the snot outta me every mornin.. hehe.. and on top of that, maybe take a cold shower - that'll wake you up nicely..

i's all about routine... build a routine to sleep early and eat properly so ur body has enough nutrients and all that good stuff.. in a matter of time u'll have a mental alarm clock and u'll end up wakin up even before ur alarm goes off..

good luck!!

Bless!

chacha_jalebi
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
bro you can check out loads of tips on this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...t-up-fajr.html

so

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.