/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 6 incredible star forts

guyabano
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Greetings,

star forts are incredible, relatively unappreciated structures that have recently become a fascination of mine - humungous constructions that only really become visually stunning when you look down on them from above. this type of fortification design was adopted in the early 16th century as people realised that simpler, often circular forts were pretty crap when it came to the job in hand: defense.

many of them still stand today in varying sizes. some are empty, some contain ruins. some, as you’ll see below, contain entire villages. be sure to check out the source links at the bottom for more info.

so here are 6 of the best star forts on earth…

1. palmanova, italy

2. bourtange, the netherlands

3. goryokaku, japan

4. almeida, portugal

5. saint-martin-de-ré, france

6. naarden, the netherlands

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cihad
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
wow, it looks reallybeautiful, specially the 3rd picture

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM

:sl:
wow they look awesome... please share more if you come across more in your searches.. and i agree visually stunning
i like this one the best...

thanks for sharing this...
:w:

smile
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
i also like the 3rd pic!!!
awsome

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I wanna live there!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.