/* */

PDA

View Full Version : occassionaly sad

anonymous
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
:sl:

i need help. i dont know what is wrong with me. everytime i feel like i can get on with life and be strong, some things happen that dishearten me so much. as if my heart is injured and my brain cant cope with all the load.

i cry when things seem very bad for me, and i wish i can only cry for allah and not myself.

as soon as someone points out a fault about me or tells me i am not right, i feel a sudden rush of sad emotions, as if they are trying to weaken me. i even start to respond shakey and obediently when they talk. i wish i never was weak like this.

i am depedant on others most of the time. for example, if someone likes something, i want to like it too. if someone does something, i suddenly panic because i want to do it too otherwise i feel left behind.

i am not the strong person i thought i was. i cant stand myself. i am an outcast of the society. i can be very inconfident at time. i think i need to continue searching my journey spiritually. but when i do, i feel lonely. its like everyone else is going ahead and i am left behind. when i have something good i get scared of losing it.

it is these feelings that kill me everyday. i need your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
:salamext:

*BUMP

Someone give advice Inshaa Allaah.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
inshaAllaah try not to follow anyone other then Allaah and his Messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

If you do this, you will feel strong, and you will realise you follow the BEST and take from the BEST!

Assalamu Alaikum

S_87
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Life is a test. theres no one road thats very easy. theres bumps all along and with trust in Allah a person comes out of these bumps stronger.
Everyone is ocassionally sad, but Allah does not put a burden on a person more than her can bare.
you say you feel you are left behind, but how do u know these people that are 'going forward' have the ideal life? they too will have sadness worries, sorrows etc. it is not exclusive to you.
Put your trust in Allah and try and get closer to Him, inshaAllah you will see the result of this is you have inner peace and strength.
heres a good book, also available online :)
Dealing with worries and stress

and Allah knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rabarbara2008
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

i need help. i dont know what is wrong with me. everytime i feel like i can get on with life and be strong, some things happen that dishearten me so much. as if my heart is injured and my brain cant cope with all the load.

i cry when things seem very bad for me, and i wish i can only cry for allah and not myself.

as soon as someone points out a fault about me or tells me i am not right, i feel a sudden rush of sad emotions, as if they are trying to weaken me. i even start to respond shakey and obediently when they talk. i wish i never was weak like this.

i am depedant on others most of the time. for example, if someone likes something, i want to like it too. if someone does something, i suddenly panic because i want to do it too otherwise i feel left behind.

i am not the strong person i thought i was. i cant stand myself. i am an outcast of the society. i can be very inconfident at time. i think i need to continue searching my journey spiritually. but when i do, i feel lonely. its like everyone else is going ahead and i am left behind. when i have something good i get scared of losing it.

:w: anonymous,
I am sorry to hear you feel like this. If it's a comfort, many people struggle with these kind of emotions, especially when they're young.
Try to talk to some good friends or familymembers and plan to do something nice each week. Like that you will have something to look forward too and you will feel less depressed inshallah.
About feeling left behind; try to ask yourself what's REALLY important in life, having what everyone has and doing what everyone does? Or just living a good islamic life? And when you cannot have something or do something, try to realize it's not that bad! It doesn't mean the end of the world :)
If your sad feelings continue or you can't get rid of this 'left behind idea' mayve you should try talking to an islamic counselor inshallah.
:w:

AnonymousPoster
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I know exactly what you mean, I've been through this, but have broken out of this - if people put you down then just think to yourself that you have islam, whilst they are ignorant and that they will be dealth with justly for whatever they did. Don't ever care about others or what they may think, just do what you feel and remember Allah has got your back

And for every situation or problem that occurs just think that Allah (swt) is testing you and that you will be rewarded for it, unless you feel that you've done something to deserve it.
In the quran the following verse is repeated twice 'And for every pain there is releif' - so never lose hope

Remember there is a special reward for those who are patient - never lose hope and always put your trust in Allah and ask him for help with every little thing.

Put all your imaan in Allah, think of islam as a power in your hands that others do not have - and that a few words will not dishearten you and cause you to lose hope, try not to let your emotions takeover or you may end up sinning

remain steadfast and keep us updated on how its going:peace:

Re.TiReD
02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,

Sis let me just start off by saying that everybody is open to emotions, its human to feel down at times and there's nothing at all wrong with it *smile* One thing though is that others are the reason for your sadness, SubhanAllah sis, I have a general rule in life...never ever NEVER! Let somebody else be the reason for your sadness, firstly because what they said may not have actually been meant in a negative way...you're obviously very sensitive and had they known it they would probably have advised you in a much more gentle way.

Secondly sis, you're unique, you're you...everybody is different and beautiful in their own ways...you do what brings you happiness rather than looking at how others attain it...make for yourself your own world rather than striving to live in the Dunya of others...If you think you're weak...look at your ibaadah and imaan...if the two of them are weak then I'd definately say that you are, but if they're tip-top then I'd lose the negative outlook on life and be content with the fact that you're worshipping the Creator rather than the creation Masha'Allah!

Thats where many people go wrong, they place so much importance on what people think of them, of what they say and do, rather than looking at what Allah would think of us, what HE says and what HE tells us to do.

May Allah keep you happy and smiling sis. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum

FatimaAsSideqah
02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

It is recommended to perform two or more rak'as when one is in need or in difficulty. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). After this, then recite the following dua :

There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.
There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.
Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.
Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!

Thereafter, one should make a passionate dua' for the fulfillment of one's need or delivery from one's difficulty.

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!