/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islam for whom?

anonymous
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
salam

well who is islam for? i am aware its for the whole of mankind, but why is it that all the time i see people, even learnt people associating islam with the "middle east"? and why are arabs so lucky to be able to understand quran in arabic, and show off their arabic skills? it kind of shuns out non-arabs like me. i feel that no matter how much i do for islam, those who know arabic and have the characteristics of arabs have a better advantage. i dunno, maybe i am being paranoid. but i also read about imam mahdi, that he will also be arab descent and come from arabia lands? but what about all the other muslims around the world who try their best for islam and they dont get to be the fundamental part of islamic victory and what not?

i know this post must sound very idiotic, i just need to see everything clearly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar_2133
02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Assalam-Alaikum,

In response to your post, as a matter of fact, Arabs only constitute 1/5 of the total population of Muslims worldwide. If some Western Academic half way around the globe, associates Islam with the Middle East, then it's not because it's true - its down to his own clouded view of reality.

And no, Arabs do not have any advantage over non-Arabs in any way. One of the most important verses in the Quran speaks specifically of this:

"Oh people, no one is higher than the other unless he is higher in obedience to God. No Arab is superior to a non-Arab except in piety."

Since the beginning of mankind, Allah sent down Prophets of all the races and creeds of mankind to introduce Islam, and there was only minimal success, which only resulted in the establishment of deviant faiths, such as Hinduism and tribal/animist religions.

Later on, the Prophets Moses and Jesus were sent down, and this time, there was greater success, with the initial establishment of mono-theistic faiths for the first time, but nevertheless, these faiths still remained impure in their form of worship, until finally, the goal was accomplished when the Prophet Muhammad (who just happened to be of Arab descent) revealed the true word of Allah not only to the Arabs, who were literally in a state of moral chaos and decadence, to humanity.

That's why the Quran was written in the Arabic language, together with all its other jargon, from Taqwa to Zakat - the words are undeniably Arabic, but the meaning and signifrance behind them are truly universal in nature.

The original Quran and relevation of Islam might just have been in Hindi, Russian, Latin or Chinese, and so much more foreign and exotic languages and writing systems, but the pick out of the hat, happeneed to be Arabic.

As to what you read about the Imam Mahdi, no one knows what race he will be, what his name is, or even when he is coming, so that site or book you read up about him must be really dodgy.

Don't worry, your complaint is completely understandable. Everyone gets these kind of frustrated feelings of resentment in one way or another, and to be honest, they are not helped by ignorant people, who when they hear the word, "Muslim" being mentioned, instantly form a picture of a bearded Arab with a turban on his head.

I hope this helped;).

Omar_2133

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.