/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Europeans in expectation of disturbances

radwan21
02-04-2008, 11:40 PM
The European Union and the United States voiced concern over a Dutch lawmaker's plan to produce a film insulting the Holy Quran. The author of the film is scandalous Dutch figure and professional Islamophob Geert Wilders.

IINA agency reported that Brussels and Washington believe the provocative short film could reignite tensions with Muslims after the Danish cartoons affair.

"It would, of course, have important repercussions not only for the Netherlands but also for other countries of the European Union as well," Luxembourg Justice Minister Luc Frieden told AFP. "It is our moral duty to call upon everybody, to make people aware, so that they do not abuse their fundamental rights" of freedom of expression, he said. "We must also protect those who may be hurt or harmed by irresponsible statements."

Meanwhile, The US Department of Homeland Security and the FBI Wednesday circulated a report on the expected release of a 10-minute anti-Islam film by Dutch "far-right Party for Freedom Founder and Chairman" Geert Wilders, which is expected to spark global protests and raises the possibility of violence in Europe.

Wilders himself in his interview said that he needs at least two more weeks to finish the film. So far, no one has seen even as single pre-release frame of the film.

Islamaphob Geert Wilders has been in the spotlight since he announced in the Netherlands in November that he plans to make a short film to show that Islam's holy book is "a fascist book" that "incites people to murder".

Prime Minister of Netherlands Jan Peter Balkenende has said the Netherlands is ready to act quickly if the film causes unrest.

Earlier, the Netherlands power authorities recommended Wilders to emigrate from the country.

Let us point out in this regard that the film is made in the context of new promotional courses of information warfare against Islam, on which the anti-Islamic forces are trying to hang the label "Islamic-fascism" (terminology of Bush and the Zionist leaders).

"I hope that the film will open the eyes of people to the fact that the Quran should be banned like Adolph Hitler's "Mein Kampf", Wilders stated, adding that the "film will prove his view that the Quran is a terrible fascist book that incites people to commit violence.

"I will show the film and look at the reaction, which it rise."

The Wilders' film recalls another anti-Islamic provocation - a scandalous tape by the spiv Ayaan Hirsi about the "oppression" of women in Islam."

The video tape has caused extreme indignation of Dutch Muslims, and in November 2004 resulted with the killing of his filmmaker Theo Van Gogh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cognescenti
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I suspect, in Wilder's view, he does not intend to "insult" Islam. He intends to tell truths as he sees them.

Violence will only enhance his message. The whipping into a froth has clearly begun on the Muslim side and nobody has even seen the thing yet. Ironically, in the same story, the author complains about the term "Islamo-fascist", but the froth is all about suppressing opposing views, which is a historical feature of fascist governments.

It is not looking good....unless y'all are trying to unite Europeans of all national political persuasions in the view that Islam is a menace to the West.

The_Prince
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
the mein kempf isnt banned, you can easily buy it on amazon.

:)................................

The_Prince
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Muslim countries should start responding in the same manner. they should start making non stop documentaries on the protocols of zion....now offcourse the west will say that thing is made up and BS......but everything this dutch loser is making is also BS and lies.............so u know feed them their own medicine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cognescenti
02-05-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
the mein kempf isnt banned, you can easily buy it on amazon.

:)................................
Is that supposed to be witty? Isn't that point? Objectionable views are generally permitted in open societies.

You are playing right into it, guy.

1 e4 e5
2 Nf3 Nc6
3 Bb5

Cognescenti
02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
Muslim countries should start responding in the same manner. they should start making non stop documentaries on the protocols of zion....now offcourse the west will say that thing is made up and BS......but everything this dutch loser is making is also BS and lies.............so u know feed them their own medicine.
I am sorry, that is just foolish.

Aim 9mm at toe...smile broadly and satisfyingly..pull trigger

north_malaysian
02-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Maybe he want to make a documentary insulting the Koran because he knew that Muslims would never make a documentary insulting Bible and Torah...

Roasted Cashew
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
This wouldn't have been such a big deal if the westerners were not easily manipulated. BUT, unfortunately most of them will believe in his lies and his use of "out of context" verses and then come bashing us Muslims. This is indeed an attack on Islam and Allah and I hope Muslims will be able to respond properly and not angrily. Anger is what gets the most of the Muslims. I wouldn't be surprised if someone kills him and I won't be sad either. I just personally don't care for people who who spread lies and misguide people about Islam.

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Why the director doesn't instead use his talents to make a new, Dutch, screwball comedy for the ages is beyond me.

Oh well. Anyone got a film studio and some custard pies?

Cognescenti
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why the director doesn't instead use his talents to make a new, Dutch, screwball comedy for the ages is beyond me.

Oh well. Anyone got a film studio and some custard pies?

;D Wait, you mean there already exists a Dutch screwball comedy?

Cognescenti
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
This wouldn't have been such a big deal if the westerners were not easily manipulated. BUT, unfortunately most of them will believe in his lies and his use of "out of context" verses and then come bashing us Muslims. This is indeed an attack on Islam and Allah and I hope Muslims will be able to respond properly and not angrily. Anger is what gets the most of the Muslims. I wouldn't be surprised if someone kills him and I won't be sad either. I just personally don't care for people who who spread lies and misguide people about Islam.

Let me see if I understand. Westerners are "easily manipulated"? :giggling:

There is plenty of malleability to go around, pal. A good example was the idiotic response to the Pope's comments. He was talking generally about religious intolerance and as an example, he cited a Christian religious leader from the 11th Century. The quote was taken out of context....et voila...burning churches.

How about the crowds in Sudan with the teddy bear?

How about the dozens or perhaps hundreds of millions of Muslims who believe there is a war on Islam?

How come this forum needs a rule to ban conspiracy discussions......hmmmm?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.