/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijaaaaaaaab

aminahjaan
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
:sl:
I justt started wearing hijab Alhamdulillah Allah gave me the strength. It's tough especially being a teenager and all. But hey, its not impossible :)

And I heard you're supposed to throw a party from some of my Arab friends. Hmm I'm Pakistani, never heard of it. Is it just a cultural thing.?

Girls I know have stopped it. Is that bad? I mean I don't intend to do that, but is it like Makrooh, haram...what category.?

thanksss

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
i never really heard that before.. :w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
a party for wearing hijaab?!

whats that word again?! oh year BID'A !

i guess you can have a good time with your friends, nothing ever wrong with hanging out (long as you dont do anything haram), but dont party like the westerners (freemixing/music etc etc)

i hope you do everything for Allaahs sake now inshaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

adeeb
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
dont know... that not an obligatory...
just custom... no need to do that i think.. waste time and money...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah sis thats really good! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
a party for wearing hijaab?!

whats that word again?! oh year BID'A !
That just made me :lol: big time!! ;D

no need to do that i think.. waste time and money...
Exactly. Just pray 2 nafl instead :okay:

Cabdullahi
02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Yo dont need no party CMON!

anonymous
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
I justt started wearing hijab Alhamdulillah Allah gave me the strength. It's tough especially being a teenager and all. But hey, its not impossible :)

MashaAllaah, that's very good Sister. May Allaah (SWT) reward you!

And I heard you're supposed to throw a party from some of my Arab friends. Hmm I'm Pakistani, never heard of it. Is it just a cultural thing.?

Girls I know have stopped it. Is that bad? I mean I don't intend to do that, but is it like Makrooh, haram...what category.?
That has no basis in Islam, so therefore, it fits into the category which Brother IbnAbdulHakim pointed out: Bid'ah (Innovation)

There's no harm in being happy you wear the Hijaab but to throw some dodgy party, it's not on.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
^ its only bid'a if you do it expecting it to bring reward or have some sort of islamic benefit, if you have a party just for fun (within the islamic boundaries) then whats wrong with that?!

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
nothing is wrong with a party as long as nothing haram is in it...keep it islamic... but i dont know ne1 who has thrown a party about wairing hijab but go ahead and celebrate if u like.

aminahjaan
02-06-2008, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Yo dont need no party CMON!
Yeah I dun need NO party I need A party tho hahah wow that was lame, uh but yeah I probably won't throw a party, I mean I'd feel pretty weird, because hijab is something you're supposed to do. It's like coming on time to class and expecting a reward. You know? But I hope it's not hard because my best friend who's like my my sister I've known her for like 48239084 years and she doesn't wear hijab, and since she;s older its kind of harder...but on the other hand I go to the Masjid and see all my hijabi friends and that makes me feel better. But InshaAllah maybe I'll influence my friendss. It'll jsut be akward wearing it infront of my cousins....

Mysterious Uk
02-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Your post brings bak memories of when i wore a hijaab for the first time, i was 15 i think. i told my friends i was going to wear it and they all thought i was joking. Then i wore it and everyone was literally like this: :uuh: Hijaab makes you feel sooo good so it's all worth it. I don't know about the whole party business either cos i'm bengali, but it would be good to have one, wouldn't it... :rock:

Na7lah
02-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Inshallah Allah wil giv u strenght to keep it on forever sis
Mashallah :D

arabianprincess
02-07-2008, 04:45 AM
look im an arab and i never heard of that PARTY and when a person wears a hijab its a benefit for themselves. y the party gotta do with it... ??? how weird anyways i believe as for the friend u try ur best to talk to her .. but at the end its her decision and she will come around. one day peace

Ghira
02-07-2008, 04:57 AM
MashaAllah may Allah increase you in all that is good...ameen

You are taking the right steps in the right direction...I am proud of my hijabi Sisters passing that major test....

Ummu Sufyaan
02-07-2008, 08:09 AM
congrats sis:D
yeah probs. i think what they mean by 'supposed to' is that... well ill give you an example. one time we were having lunch at a friends house, yeah. okay so she served us a seafood salad thingee which had prawns in it too. im not used to eating prawns, so i didnt really know what to do. So i took a bite. and went eww!! then my sis's is like: maryam your supposed to peel the shell off. i was like ooooo, now that makes sense :p:D

So my point is, maybe they mean, you dont have to, but its something reccommened (cultrally) and normal to do.

------
02-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Hmm I'm Pakistani, never heard of it. Is it just a cultural thing.?
OMG LOL!!!! ;D I understand it all now!!

al_islam
02-07-2008, 10:11 AM
salam

congrats on your efforts.

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

:cry:

I still dont, what is there to understand ?

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Firstly congrats on the hijab.
Secondly, I have a Lebanese background and have never heard of such things....

aminahjaan
02-07-2008, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

hahaha scuse me?

AvarAllahNoor
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
A few sisters + somosas/pakoras + pepsi, put some Nasheeds on = Party

FatimaAsSideqah
02-08-2008, 12:46 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah! May Allah Ta'ala pleased with you!

Keep going for it!

P.S. to brothers and sisters, please keep on topic and no off topic!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Annie
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Salams
sister congratulations on wearing hijab,however calm down theres no need to throw a party, if you wanted to celebrate it then why dont you donate some money to Gaza. I think that would be better.
wasalam:)

sisterFatima
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Dear sister, Ma'ashallah, I'm sure Allah's so proud of you, Allahu Akbar.
Inshallah sister, you see as muslims, we can only do things which the Prophet Muhammed s.a.w or Allah have imposed on us, everything else that we add to the religion is bida and innovation, and hence, very much hated by Allah.
There is no hadith or Ayah of the quran which says a party has to be thrown.
You may do so if you wish, just to get the sisters together, but not as a means of an imposed obligation from Quran or Sunnah.

Remember, all that is good for us and to our benefit, Allah has told the prophet s.a.w, he has not forgotten anything (astagfirullah):

"I warn you of the newly invented matters (in the religion),and every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Hellfire" (an-Nasaa'ee)

whosoever introduces into this religion of ours that which is not part of it then it must be rejected" (Ahmad)

"whosoever does an action which we have not commanded then it must be rejected." (Muslim)

"this day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion"
(Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:4)

"and We have revealed to you a Book explaining everything"
(Surah An-Nahl 16:89),
and He says,

"We have neglected nothing in the Book"
(Surah Al-An'am 6:37).

"indeed you have in the Messenger of Allaah an excellent example for the one who hopes in Allaah and looks to the Last Day."
(Surah Al-Ahzab 33:21),

"so if you obey him (i.e. Muhammad), then you will be guided"
(Surah Al-Furqan 25:54)

I have left behind me two things, if you cling to them you will never go astray. They are the Book of Allaah and my Sunnah" (al-Haakim)

"or do they have partners that legislate some religion which Allaah has not given permission for?"
(Surah Ash-Shura 42:21)

Abdullaah ibn Umar (RA) states, "every innovation is misguidance, even if the people regard it as good." (ad-Daarimee)

Inshallah, I hope this helps sister. May Allah bless you for wearing the hijab and bless you with all your heart desires.

Fatima.

S_87
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM

your friends probably want an excuse for a party.
a party that something is an obligation upon you? :?
do these people throw parties for starting doing all islamic obligations?

aminahjaan
02-15-2008, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Annie
Salams
sister congratulations on wearing hijab,however calm down theres no need to throw a party, if you wanted to celebrate it then why dont you donate some money to Gaza. I think that would be better.
wasalam:)

Calm down, I'm not going to throw a party if you read what I saidd:). Yeah actually there was this thing on Palestine and Gaza, I donated some clothes. I guess I'll donate more

Wasalam

Annie
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Calm down, I'm not going to throw a party if you read what I saidd:). Yeah actually there was this thing on Palestine and Gaza, I donated some clothes. I guess I'll donate more

Wasalam
salams sis
yeah donate more and i dont know what you find difficult about wearing a hijab. Its a beautiful thing that is compulsory for all sisters. Its there to protect our honour.
wasalam

anonymous
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
omg hahahahhahhahahahahahhahahah dis thread is HILAAAAAAAAAARRRIOUSSSSSS

THROW
A
PARTY
WEARIN
D
HIJAAB

ERM
CUM
AGAIN??

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Nájlá
02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
alhamdullah that u have weared the hijab especially at an earliy age its better than if u were 25 and then starting to wear ur hijab that would be really diffcult.

aminahjaan
02-23-2008, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
omg hahahahhahhahahahahahhahahah dis thread is HILAAAAAAAAAARRRIOUSSSSSS

THROW
A
PARTY
WEARIN
D
HIJAAB

ERM
CUM
AGAIN??

MUHAHAHAHAHA

ERM., cum again, actually I was just asking if its NECESSARY because some of my FRIENDS told me it's good to. THATS ALL I was asking. Don't have to get all hurt about it kay?
does EVERYONE understand that so you guys don't attempt to joke about it?

kthx:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!