/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Young girl tricked into a phone marriage!

salam786
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3295487.ece

How awful!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

:ooh: very terrible to hear about this! I am really feeling for this teenager girl.

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Cabdullahi
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
arrghh too depressing why would the mother in law do this ? and why bring the girl to the uk shes innocent and vunerable and why under false pretences like showing a fake pic??

someone...
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
:eek: thats so horrible!!! THAT JUST DISGUSTS ME!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Gah, how is such a marriage recognizable under sharia? If there's deception/deceit on the part of one of the parties, doesn't that nullify the whole thing?

I was curious as to the Islamic Sharia Organization of Britain that was mentioned in the article. Per their website, they disavow this type of marriage.

Clarification about Timesonline article
We are corresponding with Timesonline to clarify which "sharia council" was referred to in the article (as there are many "sharia council's" operating in UK). Anyhow, there is no doubt, according to the facts stated in the article, the Islamic Sharia Council does not approve this kind of marriage as it does not conform to Islamic requirements of a valid marriage. (Updated at 4th February 2008 9pm)

salam786
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Gah, how is such a marriage recognizable under sharia? If there's deception/deceit on the part of one of the parties, doesn't that nullify the whole thing?

I was curious as to the Islamic Sharia Organization of Britain that was mentioned in the article. Per their website, they disavow this type of marriage.
I'm confused, is the sharia council now stating that phone marriages overall are invalid? as I thought they were

qassy!
02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
A GIRL of 15 was tricked into a "telephone marriage" ceremony to a Sheffield man with a mental age of five in a ceremony recognised by sharia (Islamic law).
Is that islamic law? Marrage just like that ? it better not be!

See this really hacks me off parents do that 2 there kids i really want 2 beat the hell out of the parents so pissed off

but has been told that she will be murdered by her brothers. The girl told investigators: "
i would beat her brotherss up

The think-tank's report comes after Gordon Brown, the prime minister, said last week that he was extremely concerned that too little was being done to prevent honour crimes.
what does he care its only pakistani ppl

MartyrX
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow what is wrong with people? I can not fathom doing that to my daughter if I had one.

qassy!
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Wow what is wrong with people? I can not fathom doing that to my daughter if I had one.

if i knew someone who did that 2 there daughter i would beat them up seriouslly this topic REALLY gets 2 me

جوري
02-06-2008, 12:19 AM
this is no different than the jahyliya times when female infanticide was rampant..
only now they wait until she is a little older..
7asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel..
ignorance, poverty and disease seem to always walk hand in hand..

wa sob7an Allah.. this is so disheartening, I can't even bare to read it.. and they do it all under the name of Islam.. how sickening.

:w:

Heera Singh
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
what does he care its only pakistani ppl
actually.. u'd be surprised... this is very common in the indian communities as well; some punjabi families have also done things like this.. the mentality of the south asian people astounds me sometimes.. people are not 'God Fearing' anymore, they're more "Reputation Fearing"... the amount 'honour killings' and 'female foetocide' in south asian countries is disgusting..

this begs the question, how do we educate a whole region on this?

Mikayeel
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
aaah!, this is mental!! These people r mental at the back of there heads :S:S!!!

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
aaah!, this is mental!! These people r mental at the back of there heads :S:S!!!

lol THESE PPL ARE MENTALLY MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY RETARDED!!!

lol im done here..i think

snakelegs
02-06-2008, 03:54 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/483...tml#post808113

crayon
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
This makes me sick to my stomach.
AHHHHHH!!!
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

UGH.
sick freaks.

edit- "Conducting marriage contract by telephone

Question:
I want to get married to a girl but her father is in another country, and at present I cannot travel there for us to be all together, because of financial and other circumstances. I am also in a foreign country. Is it permissible for me to phone her father so that he can say, “I offer you my daughter So and so in marriage,” and I can say, “I accept,” with the consent of the girl and in the presence of two Muslim witnesses who are listening to what he and I say by means of speakers attached to the phone? Would this be considered as a valid marriage contract according to sharee’ah?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

I put this question to our Shaykh al-Mufti al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, who replied that if what is described is genuine (and there is no cheating involved), then it achieves the purpose of meeting the shar'i conditions of nikaah and the marriage contract is valid. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz
"

from snakeleg's link.

Well then this marriage just flew out the window!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.