/* */

PDA

View Full Version : swearing

transition?
02-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Today I was accused of lying/cheating. And I did no such thing. People started coming down at with me insults.
I got nervous b/c proof wise I had no evidence. I got nervous and swore by God. and not people are telling me I'm going to hell. I problably should I have not swore, but I had to say something that would tell them I was not lying/cheating. I got nervous.
It wasn't right.
now people say I'm going to hell because of it. But I thought if you swore, you could as long as you knew you were telling the truth?

I'm really distressed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with swearing as long as you're telling the truth.

Don't worry, be happy.:)

edit- just to add, if someone swears by Allah, the other people HAVE to believe him. If you saw someone steal with your own eyes, and then they swore they didn't, you still have to believe them. This is because if you don't, you are taking Allah's name lightly.

Cabdullahi
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
sister even i swear by god sometimes when ppl dont believe me or trust me,its ok just repent and for the others who stressed u just forget them u havent got to prove anything as long as u know the truth

------
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
:salamext:

There are a number of ahadith that do suggest that swearing by anything but God is not allowed. For instance:

"Narrated By Ibn 'Umar : Allah's Apostle met 'Umar bin Al-Khattab while the latter was going with a group of camel-riders, and he was swearing by his father. The Prophet said, "Lo! Allah forbids you to swear by your fathers, so whoever has to take an oath, he should swear by Allah or keep quiet." (Bukhari, book 78, number 641).
Source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
02-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Just the fact that you feel so bad is good in a way, people in my school ALWAYS swear by God for like the littelest things. Don't worry about it, ignore the haters, ask for forgivness and leave it in Allah's hands... sound good? :)

FatimaAsSideqah
02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

And to every one We have appointed heirs of what parents and near relatives leave; and as to those with whom your rights hands have ratified agreements, give them their portion; surely Allah is a witness over all things. (Surat an-Nisa', 33)

You who believe! When one of you is near to death and makes a will, two just men from among you should act as witnesses; or, if you are travelling when the misfortune of death occurs, two men who are strangers to you. You should detain them after prayer and, if you are doubtful, they should swear by Allah: 'We will not sell it for any price, even to a near relative, and we will not conceal the testimony of Allah. If we did we would indeed be wrongdoers.' If it then comes to light that the two of them have merited the allegation of wrongdoing, two others who have the most right to do so should take their place and swear by Allah: 'Our testimony is truer than their testimony. We have not committed perjury. If we had we would indeed be wrongdoers.' That makes it more likely that they will give their evidence properly or be afraid that their oaths will be refuted by subsequent oaths. Have fear of Allah and listen carefully. Allah does not guide deviant people. (Surat al-Ma'ida, 106-108)

Those who make an accusation against their wives and have no witnesses except themselves, such people should testify four times by Allah that they are telling the truth. (Surat an-Nur, 6)

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Pk_#2
02-06-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Don't worry, be happy.:)
No waiii don't be me,

But yeah, dun stress sis,

Peace.

youngsister
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
salam
dats a bit harsh for people to say u r goin to hell! they r not Allah, so they cannot judge u as a muslim. if u no, u didnt swear and ur tellin da truth, Allah will know. so just igore thse igorent people and fear Allah. coz dat de end of da day, they cant do anythin 2 u. so just move on and trust they'll get over it and if they dont & hold it against u, den dats their problem and they really get to get a life. its very easy to point out other people's mistakes but they should really be worring about theirs. Just igore dem, and move on wiz ur life.

AvarAllahNoor
02-15-2008, 10:38 PM
How do they know you're going to hell? Did they get a message from God stating this...? Ignore them, and be happy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.