/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Super Tuesday!

minaz
02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Quite frankly some find Tuesdays to be rather ****. But across the pond this Tuesday is "Super"! Americans are voting across 24 states in the Presidential Primary. By Wednesday (not so super for at least 2 candidates), a clearer indication should be established on who the Democrat and Republican candidate for President should be. Early indications from Georgia (full of good ol' relations in history with AfroAmerican voters :P ) indicate an Obama win over there, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7229587.stm

Chris Rock (my favourite comedian, along with Chapelle and Trey Parker & Matt Stone :P ) was in Britain couple weeks back and stated "Bush has ****** up America so bad, that people are going to vote in a women or a nigga." Well that might just be the case Chris, that might just be the case.
Anywho its turned into Wednesday here, enjoy the rest of Super Tuesday America and lets see who you have whittled down to be your next commander in chief.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Latest

Democrats:

Hillary Clinton
8 states, 725 delegates
Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Arizona, California

Barack Obama
13 states, 625 delegates
Georgia, Illinois, Delaware, Alabama, Utah, North Dakota, Kansas, Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Idaho, Alaska, Missouri

2025 delegates needed for nomination. Delegate totals are latest Super Tuesday projections

Republicans

Mike Huckabee
5 states, 102 delegates
West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee

John McCain
9 states, 420 delegates
Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Oklahoma, Arizona, Missouri, California

Mitt Romney
5 states, 130 delegates
Massachusetts, Utah, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado
1191 delegates needed for nomination. Delegate totals are latest Super Tuesday

Amadeus85
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I heard that McCain won in republican party.

Keltoi
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
McCain won most of the primaries, but he will need conservatives to come out in droves if he wants to beat Hillary, and right now conservatives aren't too happy about him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
To be true im abit skeptical about politicians but if had to choose id choose Obama

krypton6
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Barack Obama is the best, and Hillary is just a level bellow.

MTAFFI
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8358.html

Obama claims delegate lead

By: Mike Allen
Feb 6, 2008 08:24 AM EST
Updated: February 6, 2008 09:47 AM EST

With the delegate count still under way, NBC News said Obama appears to have won around 840 delegates in yesterday’s contests, while Clinton earned about 830.

In a surprise twist after a chaotic Super Tuesday, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) passed Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) in network tallies of the number of delegates the candidates racked up last night.

The Obama camp projects topping Clinton by nine delegates, 845 to 836.

NBC News, which is projecting delegates based on the Democratic Party's complex formula, figures Obama will wind up with 840 to 849 delegates, versus 829 to 838 for Clinton.

Clinton was portrayed in many news accounts as the night’s big winner, but Obama’s campaign says he wound up with a higher total where it really counts — the delegates who will choose the party’s nominee at this summer’s Democratic convention.

With the delegate count still under way, NBC News said Obama appears to have won around 840 delegates in yesterday’s contests, while Clinton earned about 830 — “give or take a few,” Tim Russert, the network’s Washington bureau chief, said on the “Today” show.

The running totals for the two, which includes previous contests and the party officials known as “superdelegates,” are only about 70 delegates apart, Russert said.

The bottom line is that the two are virtually tied.

On Wednesday morning, the battle was on to shape public perceptions about Tuesday.

The Clinton campaign said it was crunching its delegate numbers but was not sure it was correct that Obama got more.

The Obama campaign sent an e-mailed statement titled: “Obama wins Super Tuesday by winning more states and more delegates.”

Campaign Manager David Plouffe said: “By winning a majority of delegates and a majority of the states, Barack Obama won an important Super Tuesday victory over Sen. Clinton in the closest thing we have to a national primary.”

“From Colorado and Utah in the West to Georgia and Alabama in the South to Sen. Clinton’s backyard in Connecticut, Obama showed that he can win the support of Americans of every race, gender and political party in every region of the country,” Plouffe said. “That’s why he’s on track to win Democratic nomination, and that’s why he’s the best candidate to defeat John McCain in November.”

The Obama campaign attached an Excel spreadsheet containing “state-by-state estimates of the pledged delegates we won last night, which total 845 for Obama and 836 for Clinton — bringing the to-date total of delegates to 908 for Obama, 884 for Clinton.”

Trumble
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Very interesting race this year. Only an indirect interest as a Brit, of course, but I still can't decide between Obama and Clinton. I think Clinton probably just edges it if only because the US economy (which affects most of us in some way or another) is far more likely to get worse than better before election time, and I think she might be a tad more competent in making the right decisions in that regard.

As far as the Republicans go, I don't care who Obama or Clinton beat :D .. but McCain seems the best (and almost certain nominee now). Anyone but Huckabee, really.

MTAFFI
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Very interesting race this year. Only an indirect interest as a Brit, of course, but I still can't decide between Obama and Clinton. I think Clinton probably just edges it if only because the US economy (which affects most of us in some way or another) is far more likely to get worse than better before election time, and I think she might be a tad more competent in making the right decisions in that regard.

As far as the Republicans go, I don't care who Obama or Clinton beat :D .. but McCain seems the best (and almost certain nominee now). Anyone but Huckabee, really.
clinton may seem as though she has experience because she has been in the public eye, but really she has only been in the senate since her husband finished his term. Would she have made it that far had it not been for the scandal? Personally I dont think so.... What did her husband really do for the economy? Yeah, the economy was booming at the end of his reign but look at the long haul, look at what he did to medi-cade, look at his trade policies with China that have become such a problem, look at what he did to the middle class.... Another Clinton is the last thing this country needs.... two decades is more than enough of the same people running this country. To hell with that mangy animal, she is a liar and a phony

north_malaysian
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
How about Ralph Nader?

Would any Americans vote for him?

MTAFFI
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
(
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How about Ralph Nader?

Would any Americans vote for him?
+o(

Amadeus85
02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I think that Obama wouldnt be bad for USA as a president(although that I wouldnt vote for him), but on the other hand, the free world needs a experienced and tough leader.

snakelegs
02-07-2008, 09:02 AM
i think obama is greatly over rated.
i don't see any substantial differences between obama and clinton.
i wouldn't want any of the mainstream candidates from either party.
i always like the ones that don't have a chance. :(

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
The Yahood in Uncle Sam are gona vote for Hillary and she's gona win.... Allahu A'lam

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I think that Obama wouldnt be bad for USA as a president(although that I wouldnt vote for him), but on the other hand, the free world needs a experienced and tough leader.
If only Genghis Khan were alive...

:p

Keltoi
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

If only we could find his body it might be possible to make a clone of him...but of course that clone wouldn't have the experience..;D

Amadeus85
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

I was rather thinking about someone like Antonio Salazar :D .

Cognescenti
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
If only we could find his body it might be possible to make a clone of him...but of course that clone wouldn't have the experience..;D
:D Yes...the poor guy would have to learn to ride a horse again too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.