Thats good u got that out into the open.....;D
Why whats wrong with liking chicken?:cry:

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Why whats wrong with liking chicken?:cry:
Its not about liking it, its about... y r u mentioning it? :confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
ok then

------
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
:salamext:

Kool thread. Maybe add a poll to the first post?

E.g.

Chicken
Lamb
Beef
Veal
Other

etc.

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Kool thread. Maybe add a poll to the first post?

E.g.

Chicken
Lamb
Beef
Veal
Other

etc.
Now that sounds like a good idea....

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 12:43 PM
yeah thats true maybe i wasnt intelligent enough to do that

IbnAbdulHakim
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
wats veal?

Ummu Sufyaan
02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
:sl:
EDIT: veals is meat from young cattle.

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Veal is not from pigs its from goats or sheeps i dont know

IbnAbdulHakim
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
i see jizakAllaahu khair

YusufNoor
02-07-2008, 01:34 PM

1 - Rack of Lamb [although i would like to try Rack of goat!]

2 - Filtet Mignon - with a nice mushroom sauce!

3 - Prime Rib - medium rare of course, with a big fat bake potato!

4 - Roast Leg of Lamb - with some gravy & mash potatoes...

5 - New York - a nice one pounder with some sauteed onions

6 - Delmonico or Rib Eye Steak - my wife's favorite, again with a nice mushroom sauce!

7 - Butt Steak - just so you can say butt steak :giggling:

and runner up

8 - Big Fat Cheeseburger - hmmmmm......

ps: and if you look real carefully, you can pick out Rib parts and Porterhouse pieces from your "cubed" goat meat. sautee them and add some nice pan made gravy. my wife is constantly in awe of my little inventions! :D

:w:

S_87
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM

chicken

Woodrow
02-07-2008, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
wats veal?
Veal is from very young cows, usually day old. But can be from any time before the calf eats it's first solid food.

It is exceptionally tender meat, very light in color with no fat.

------
02-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Chicken :D (And Jazaak Allaah Khayr for adding the poll)

.Al Qadr.
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Mince meat (lamb)
Chicken
Fish fingers/Cod fillet

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
There's nothing better than chicken breast lol

crayon
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Turkey mmmm..

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm minded to add the options 'Live' and 'Dead' to the poll, just for giggles.

Don't think it would receive many, though.

Anyway, being raised on a traditional Pakistani diet of spicy stuff, I like lamb and chicken.

-Elle-
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Veal is from very young cows, usually day old. But can be from any time before the calf eats it's first solid food.

It is exceptionally tender meat, very light in color with no fat.
So the little baby cow(veal) has just been born and they kill it already?

that just doesn't sit well with me.:mmokay:

Anw,Turkey is good but beef is my favorite:D!

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

Would it be somehow more humane to let it grow (and fatten) up and then kill it?

I'm not mocking you as a person, it's just an odd attitude I've seen elsewhere. On the one hand, people want to eat meat. On the other hand, they get nauseous when they learn what has to be done to obtain it.

If a vegetarian or vegan is extending such an argument, however, they tend to have a point.

Still, I like me some chicken.

-Elle-
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Would it be somehow more humane to let it grow (and fatten) up and then kill it?
Well,that is the perpose of farming,isn't it?The way you put it is straight up;and denying it would be ridiculous;saying"oh no,cows are only eaten when they die" would make no sense...Right?I agree with you;it is the reality,but to be quite frank,maybe it's the image in my head or the simple idea of killing a new born creature that disheartens me.I know it's not 100% correct but it's the way I feel,and I can't help that.

I'm not mocking you as a person, it's just an odd attitude I've seen elsewhere. On the one hand, people want to eat meat. On the other hand, they get nauseous when they learn what has to be done to obtain it.
yes,we are somehow contradicting ourselves.No point in denying that.I love animals yet I love meat.I get nauseous when I hear we kill one day old veals to get more tender meat.It's a feeling.It's human.But like you mentioned,when we let them get older(and fatter),it's not much better.

hence,the contradiction.Going on would be useless...since I can't really explain why "I feel" this way.

Muezzin
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
It's okay, humans aren't creatures of logic anyway.

How else would we have invented ketchup?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM

WHOAH !!

what a beautiful quote, i might have to start calling you sheikh :ooh: !

seriously bro, mashaAllaah !!

Assalamu Alaikum

ps: watch my sig change

------
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM

ROFL ;D

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
iTS ALL ABOUT THE CHICKEN yeAHH

Whatsthepoint
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Everything, from chicken to beef, from pork to fish, from molusks to lobster, depending on how it is made.

Woodrow
02-07-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

Anw,Turkey is good but beef is my favorite:D!
the reality of the world is that in order for people to have cow's milk to drink. the calf has to be removed. Up until recent times the only way to do so was to kill the calf as soon as it was born. Veal came about so as not to waste the meat of the dead calf.

InToTheRain
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Everything, from chicken to beef, *Euurgh :mad:* to fish, from molusks to lobster, depending on how it is made.
I agree but it's not just about how it's made, it's about your hunger. If your hungry enough Alhamdulliah all food tastes good.

Reminds of the what Umar ibn Abdul Aziz(RA) during his claiphate. He invited all the nobles in for a meal... and made them wait... and wait... and woudn't let them leave. They would say "Umar, give us anything to eat" and Umar would say "wait, I have smething special for you and it will take time..."

and so they waited....

and waited ... and waited... and then they all started moaning "come on Umar, give us anything, we don't care anymore'..." so Umar gave them something which was the cheapest in the market and everyone especially the poor would feed of this (it wasn't even meat or fish)

and Umar said "are you satisfied, did that taste good" they all replied "yes Amir al Mu'mineen (leader of the believers) it tasted o so good and we are satisfied" (hunger elevated it's taste see :ooh:)

Umar replied "So why is it that you spend so extravagantly on meals when this satisfies you?"

every scholar agrees he was a MUJADID of his time (revivor of Islam) and he did so much in two years, Mash'Allah.

Khayal
02-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Goat n neck oh chicken.

:w:

chacha_jalebi
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
you animals :p

for me its chicken!!!

ive always wannid to cry camel meat lol rhhhhh:D

YusufNoor
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
you animals :p

for me its chicken!!!

ive always wannid to cry camel meat lol rhhhhh:D

is that how you tenderize it before you cook it? :D

and why does the lamb have to be mutton?:hmm:

Woodrow
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

is that how you tenderize it before you cook it? :D

and why does the lamb have to be mutton?:hmm:

Must be because many people call lamb Mutton.

MaiCarInMtl
02-07-2008, 10:53 PM
My first choice is chicken, but my 2nd choice would be bison/buffalo meat! MMmmM!!!!!!!! Oh, and deer is amazing too! So tender!

nevesirth
02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
is snail halal???????????

Woodrow
02-08-2008, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
My first choice is chicken, but my 2nd choice would be bison/buffalo meat! MMmmM!!!!!!!! Oh, and deer is amazing too! So tender!
I haven't had Bison in so long I forgot all about it. I'm just wondering if it can be slaughtered in a halal manner. I would not to be a person trying to slaughter one, they are not very cooperative. The times I had it, was before I reverted. The only way I know to get them to part with their meat is to shoot them from about 50 yards.

FatimaAsSideqah
02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I love halal chicken burger!! :happy: and faijtas chicken yum yum!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

MaiCarInMtl
02-08-2008, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I haven't had Bison in so long I forgot all about it. I'm just wondering if it can be slaughtered in a halal manner. I would not to be a person trying to slaughter one, they are not very cooperative. The times I had it, was before I reverted. The only way I know to get them to part with their meat is to shoot them from about 50 yards.
I don't know how they do it, but if you type Halal+bison, there's an indian place that sells halal bison meet. They must be really inventive or really fast... Is one allowed to use tranquilizers in order to calm the animal before slaying it? I'm thinking either they use tranquilizers or they get one person to distract the bison while the other risks his life sneaking up on it to slay it.

Maybe they hypnotize it... *shrugs*

I really don't know if snails are halal...

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM

How else would we have invented ketchup?
you see, i think they are. they just dont choose to use it.

i like all (halaal) meat.

Ebtisweetsam
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh no, another Poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my vote... cos i'd choose seafood over all that meat....... lobster, crab meat, prawns mmmm yum!
Then id go for veal
Has anyone tasted kangaroo? It tastes abit like beef but more chewier (if there is such a word).

Cabdullahi
02-08-2008, 01:59 PM
oh no is that what they do in australia now, eating kangaroos ****!!

MaiCarInMtl
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
tastes abit like beef but more chewier (if there is such a word).
I think in this case (if you're looking to be grammatically correct), you would have to say "like beef but chewier" or "like beef but more chewy". "More chewier" is similar to saying "more better" which is a bit redundant.

I hope I didn't offend someone with this reply, I just watned to answer the question... Please excuse the slight grammar police that exists within me.

Moon*Light
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM

I like chicken the best, but turkey is good too.

Mikayeel
02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Salamu 3alekum,

I believe chicken is the best! Have you noticed that when someone eats an unknown type of meat, he alwasy compares it to chicken:P, everything always taste like chicken!:)

Venison is very very tasty aswell! Rabbit meat is very nice aswell ( tastes like chicken:) )

Not so keen with lamb though!, it smells to strong and has a weird taste to it! Prefer beef over it:)

Woodrow
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
Salamu 3alekum,

I believe chicken is the best! Have you noticed that when someone eats an unknown type of meat, he alwasy compares it to chicken:P, everything always taste like chicken!:)
So the smart thing to do is instead of eating a weird animal that tastes like chicken, would be to eat chicken and know it tastes just like the weird animal.

Today, I will have a big plate of Southern Fried Chicken, pretend it is fried Aardvark, and then tell everybody aardvark tastes just like chicken. I don't even have to look at an aardvark.

Excuse for a little while as I go eat my plate of fried aardvark.

Strange, it looks and tastes exactly like chicken.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
It's all about the Chuzza.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.