/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nando's chicken - halal or not?

noahs_arc
02-06-2008, 09:39 AM
aslamalaykum

inshallah you are all well

does anybody here eat at nando's? the one closest to us has a halal certificate that has been certified and all the rest of it. but the chicken is electrocuted? does this mean we can't eat it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow, I never knew that. There are 2 in Leicestershire, both that have a halal certificate in the front entrances and both have said they serve all halal chicken. In fact I knew 2 muslims that worked in one, and one told me how one day they couldn't get any chicken (halal) so didn't look for an alternative. I have no idea if the method of slaughter is by electricution????

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
i avoid it, it seemed dodgy from the beginning to be honest.

however pandoo's is nice !

noahs_arc
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
maybe i was misunderstood- but i wanted to know if the chicken is electrocuted does this make it halal or not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
electrecution is haram sis, you gotta slaughter them one by one in the name of Allaah by cutting the necks

qassy!
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
only certain branches are Halal

lol i luv nandoos!

------
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
:salamext:

I was going to post this 20 minutes ago,but the fire alarm sounded at work and we had to go down 3 floors of stairs :muddlehea

1[a]-That is,if an animal is injured[eg hit by a car or shocked with electricity] and if it will certainly die immediately,because of the severity of the resulting injury or electrocution,then it will be haram to eat its meat even if slaughtered before actual death.This view is held by some Maliki ulama,largely based on the interpretation of the verse cited,5:3.
Source = Fatwa - Halal Meat

Information about Halal Meat

Ebtisweetsam
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
electrecution is haram sis, you gotta slaughter them one by one in the name of Allaah by cutting the necks
Hey bro i dont want to put my two cents into something that im not sure of but i heard the opposite.... electrocution is okay beacuse its the easiest way to get the animal to calm down and it shocks them long enough to kill them, and secondly its alot quicker.... i heard it from a Muslim food electrician (umm i think thats wat hes called), so maybe we should find out more about this....

Regarding the topic Nandos, we are told one particular shop in Melb is fully halal certified and the others have certain halal items, so its a bit muddled up to me.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Hey bro i dont want to put my two cents into something that im not sure of but i heard the opposite.... electrocution is okay beacuse its the easiest way to get the animal to calm down and it shocks them long enough to kill them, and secondly its alot quicker.... i heard it from a Muslim food electrician (umm i think thats wat hes called), so maybe we should find out more about this....
This stunning is permitted only if it doesn’t lead to death of the animal for if that happened it would be unlawful to be eaten as Allah the Almighty said in His Holy Book:

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other that Allah, that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a head long fall, or by being gored to death, that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal, unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due from), that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrow: that is impiety." (Al-Maidah # 3)

And Allah knows best, and Peace & Blessing be upon His Messenger

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...ectric%20shock

Read the rest sis !

---> http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...ectric%20shock <----

Assalamu Alaikum

------
02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
:salamext:

^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the above! Was trying to find a 'strong' source...

Aaliyah~
02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
In Leicester they do display the Halal certificate, i stopped going there for the last 2 years, cos off all the rumours i heard .
but since i've bee assured by my collegues/friends its definately Halal we went to eat at the City centre one last week.
Food was Ok but the atmosphere sucked.:hmm:

i'm not sure wether i should have gone now...:hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
^ yeah the atmosphere always does

another reason to abandon nandoodoo

S_87
02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
:sl:

interesting..
http://www.salaam.co.uk/forum/read.p...=10928&t=10928

a lot of things have halal but arent necessarily.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
^ Agreed, it appears in london as though almost every fast food store sells halaal food. Although i highly doubt this, i always get to know the people behind the counter now, see if they do anything haram etc etc, then if i can trust them i buy from them.

And another thing ive noticed, most sincerely halaal stores make great profit... and sell great food !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.