/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Must Read

ajazz
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Assalamualikum

Dear brothers and sisters this is very important please visit this site and sign
petition to
Remove the Illustrations of prophet Muhammad(s) from Wikipedia

http://tinyurl.com/ysnvjn

PLEASE AFTER YOU READ THIS POST REPLY SOMETHING EVEN A SIMPLE SALAAM WILL DO SO THAT THIS THREAD IS KEPT ALIVE AND KEEP POPPING UP IN NEW POSTS THIS WAY MORE PEOPLE WILL READ

jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
cant someone just hack into it and change it?!

qassy!
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sounds easy init? but its not + you would most likley 2 take the all servers down by doing a ddos attack but it will come back with no changes!

qassy!
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
im not signing nothing because
1) its educating people about islam
2) its not an REAL or ATUALL picture so therefore it should offend you and its not offending me :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 11:31 AM
whos the dude who put it up?! cant we just email him and ask him to take it down?!

------
02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
:salamext:

There have been lots of threads on this topic in this forum.

To the thread starter - if it offends you, email the person to take it down.

At the end of the day, lots of petitions have been signed and nothing has been done about it, so please stop making repeating threads.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

Ebtisweetsam
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
im not signing nothing because
1) its educating people about islam
2) its not an REAL or ATUALL picture so therefore it should offend you and its not offending me :)
U can educate people about Islam without pictures.....

I will def sign it, but its like quite a FEW signed it and its not nmaking much of a difference to Wikipedia... theres gotta be another solution.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
nah im not signing its not really worth it NOT THAT IM SAYING PROPHET IS NOT WORTH IT... its just there are like a million sites on the internet makin fun of islam... (google islam is bad or something like that and see the results..lol) but they just annoying now (whatta waste of money!!) anyway just email the person and yeah... :w:

p.s. MY OPINION

adeeb
02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
i think we need to do our best to sign in that petition...and hope the site will throw away those fake pictures of our prophet :eek:...ameen :sunny:

sign the petition if u care about your prophet, please!

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
ok wanna sign bout fifty other things while u at it?

UmmSqueakster
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb
i think we need to do our best to sign in that petition...and hope the site will throw away those fake pictures of our prophet :eek:...ameen :sunny:

sign the petition if u care about your prophet, please!

Why condition our care about the beloved Prophet (saws) on signing a petition that will not do any good? Wikipedia isn't going to change.

Wouldn't it be better to take that minute or 30 seconds that you would spend on the petition to learn more about the Prophet's sunnah and impliment something new from it in your life?

Ebtisweetsam
02-07-2008, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Why condition our care about the beloved Prophet (saws) on signing a petition that will not do any good? Wikipedia isn't going to change.

Wouldn't it be better to take that minute or 30 seconds that you would spend on the petition to learn more about the Prophet's sunnah and impliment something new from it in your life?
It took me about 18 seconds to sign that petition......

If I cant take THAT much time out of my life-even though it might not make a difference, I should think, at least i know i did the minimum....

The problem with us today is some people give up so easily. I am not implying anyone in particular, its just that we have gotten so lazy that even a measly couple of words to type (and Im sure if ur on LI, u do ALOT of typing), we take as a waste of time. Subhanaallah, do we give up this easily?
Shaytan can make us type so much cr*p, yet we cant be bothered doing one extra little thing?:hmm:

guyabano
02-07-2008, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
'hacking' into something doesn't make you any better from them then.

out of this page:

If you find these images offensive, it is possible to configure your browser not to display them
then do it. Many other non-muslims interested in islam want to see pictures, as a picture still say more than 1000 words

ajazz
02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Assalamalikum!

what could be the reason for not signing?
don't you see this is a great opportunity to to defend our prophet even if it is in a very small way and don't you know this small gesture may become a big boon for you in hereafter inshaallah.
by Allah you have the opportunity to defend the prophet!!!
and on the day of judgment even an atoms weight of good deed will be counted, this atom may become a atom bomb for you!

and why do you care for the result?
it is the effort that is counted don't you know?
strange things have have happened don't you know they plan and Allah(swt) plans and Allah(swt) is the best of planer?

even if this petition fails it will creat awareness if it produces record number of signing that to by peaceful means.

and tell you what it is already spreading awareness

"Nearly 100,000 people worldwide have signed a Web-based petition asking Wikipedia to remove all depictions of the Prophet from its English-language entry"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328966,00.html

if you are to lazy to do it give your email address and name and permission to sign on your behalf i will do it inshaallah.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

MaiCarInMtl
02-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't know if the picture is on the main page there, or if it's been suggested before, but perhaps people would ask Wikipedia to make a link on the page to the picture rahter than put the picture up on the page itself. That way, if people want to see it, they can see it. If people don't, then they don't click on it.

You cannot block people from seeking knowledge (not everyone believes the same things)... but I think the link idea would be a possible solution.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.