so i just want to know how much practise did u take b4 passing

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
about 30 lessons and drove around a lot with my bros

Assalamu Alaikum

Pk_#2
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
3 lessons beat that ^. Oh yeah and you gotta jak a car..and stick some cushions under your bum so you can at least see the bonnet of the car..

Oh and wear platforms like you know the 60's

But if you're like me, you can stick with your trainers, put it up to 5th gear at the beginning and then you don't gotta press the clutch down, then you drive and don't stop for nobody, use the pavement if you need to,

Peace.

Salaam
02-07-2008, 12:00 AM
i will recommend you at least take 30 hours of lessons before you consider taking the test..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Elle-
02-07-2008, 01:10 AM
WOW 30 lessons?

Well,I don't know how it is where you guys live,but over here,in driving schools,they offer 12 hours..which adds up,in some schools,to 8 lessons(4 one-hour lessons,then 4 two-hour lessons).After you've completed that,well,they pretty much expect you to be able to drive.

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
WOW 30 lessons?

Well,I don't know how it is where you guys live,but over here,in driving schools,they offer 12 hours..which adds up,in some schools,to 8 lessons(4 one-hour lessons,then 4 two-hour lessons).After you've completed that,well,they pretty much expect you to be able to drive.

12 hours u must be kiddin,ive taken 9 lesson and i think im quite confident just need to perfect a few things but my instructor say i have a long way to go maybe he just wants the money i dont know?

------
02-07-2008, 09:01 AM
:salamext:

Its not just the driving, you have to have perfect manouveres as well, e.g.

- 3 point turn/Turn in the road
- Corner Reverse
- Parallel Parking

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
My 3 point turn is good
corner reverse is okayish
parallel parking is not bad
generally i need more practise maybe 10 more lesson and thats it

------
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Have u passed ur Theory Test bro? If not, I advise you to do that first.

Personally I think 3 point turn is easy, but its the corner reversing and the parallel parking that needs practicing the most.

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Have u passed ur Theory Test bro? If not, I advise you to do that first.

Personally I think 3 point turn is easy, but its the corner reversing and the parallel parking that needs practicing the most.
To be honest i have not even bought a theory test book the only thing i have been doing is watching the hazard perception dvd and thats boring

------
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM

I advise you pass your theory first before even THINKING about the Practical because:

a) Practical test can only be taken after you hav passed ur theory test

b) The theory test questions have increased from 30 to 50 in september

and

c) You need a LOT of practice in the theory test to pass first time.

Someone I know was VERY confident after just 30/35 practice theory test at home, but they failed first time, and now they have to do 50 questions instead of 30.

Main Point: Think of theory test before practical

------
02-07-2008, 09:18 AM

You can buy the practice thing from here:

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.a...7772&DI=591082

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks sis il just have to buy one but b4 i do il check the net to see if i can get a cd programme version for free

------
02-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Free programmes aren't as good. Believe me. Because the one you buy, u can record all your results in them and view them again, and see where u went wrong.

If you're in the UK, you can also get it for up to £10 from WHSmith.

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
10 pound is cheap i think its better to go with the official book

------
02-07-2008, 09:29 AM

Yeh, but the electronic version is better, because its like the official test u will take at the test centre.

Up to you bro...I'm only telling you whats best and easy for you, coz I've been through it lol.

Even if you have to spend £10/20, think how much that will help you for the rest of ur life...

Cabdullahi
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Yeh, but the electronic version is better, because its like the official test u will take at the test centre.

Up to you bro...I'm only telling you whats best and easy for you, coz I've been through it lol.

Even if you have to spend £10/20, think how much that will help you for the rest of ur life...
Your making me sound poor:(
im just kiddin thanks for the advice sis

------
02-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Lol.....:thumbs_up

al_islam
02-07-2008, 10:18 AM
salam

bro it depends on you.

my bro took 10 lessons, and passed first time with 4 minors.

peace

Mysterious Uk
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I wish driving was as straightforward with me, i'm on my 4th driving instructor cos first 2 quit and 3rd one was rubbish cos he was intimidating and actually became angry at me if i made a mistake! Still, Inshallah i'm doing my test soon. I don't think it matters how many lessons u have, as long as u feel confident, if u can book ur test and know that u have a good chance of passing; then go for it. But if people pressure u and u think i'l go for the test but i might fail; then wats the point in wasting 50 pound. As long as u drive safe and ur confident; nothin else matters.

Güven
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Its hard to find a nice driving instructor nowadays :D

BlackMamba
05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I dont get formal driving lessons I just drive around with my dad or brother and now I know how to drive pretty well. Ima take the driving test at the DMV within the next month InshaAllah. And in America the driving age is 16. What about the UK? And do u guys have to take formal lessons in order to get ur license?

Mysterious Uk
06-06-2008, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
I dont get formal driving lessons I just drive around with my dad or brother and now I know how to drive pretty well. Ima take the driving test at the DMV within the next month InshaAllah. And in America the driving age is 16. What about the UK? And do u guys have to take formal lessons in order to get ur license?
Here driving age is 17 but there is talk of raising it to 21. We don't have to take formal lessons, but it is best to. Since the driving instructors know what examiners look for (e.g.criteria to pass a pracitical driving test and test routes). I wouldn't want 2 take lessons with my dad because he has some bad habits whilst driving and my brother is a speedaholic.

------
06-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Ahmedjunior bro, where u upto with driving?

Cabdullahi
06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Ahmedjunior bro, where u upto with driving?
sis ive taken about 20 lessons so far i feel very confident alhamdulilah ive got about 10 to 15 lesson left, then im gonna go for my test i feel as though i could do the test now but im finding it hard to tell my instructor because he's new and i just cant tell him straightaway

chacha_jalebi
06-27-2008, 01:32 PM
psssh take lessons on automatic cars, no clutch no gears :D just brake and gas! ooo yeah

9 lessons plus my charm and good looks :shade: passed me :p

------
06-27-2008, 01:38 PM
astagfirullah

Lonely Gal
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
if u pass on an automatic cars.. later if u wana go for manual.. dnt u av to take another test??

------
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM

Yes coz Manual and Automatic are 2 completely different things.

Güven
06-27-2008, 03:29 PM
I think Manual Is better , its not that hard either :)

Not That I have a driving Licence Im still 17 But :Evil:

------
06-27-2008, 03:32 PM

^ Manual is better because you don't have to take the practical again for driving automatic.

Whereas if u learn on automatic, u have to take another practical for manual by law.

Güven
06-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Than Its better to take Manual at the First Place ,
Cause Why should You take an exam for An Automatic , Its soo easy , only gas and brake

chacha_jalebi
06-27-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah but who would want to drive a manual in the 1st place!

every car you can buy in both automatic and manual, just buy the automatic innaay, like most people have problems with the gears and clutch and stalling, get it out of the way and learn on automatic :D

Mikayeel
06-27-2008, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
yeah but who would want to drive a manual in the 1st place!

every car you can buy in both automatic and manual, just buy the automatic innaay, like most people have problems with the gears and clutch and stalling, get it out of the way and learn on automatic :D
Lool i wish it was that easy! :P, I rather go for manual, its gives u the feeling like ur really driving a car!! :D

Güven
06-27-2008, 11:11 PM
^Yeah Thats What I was Thinkin , It would be Boring With The Automatic :)

unknown_JJ
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
dnt automatic carz av higher petrol costs!

Güven
11-28-2008, 09:18 PM

Why is the POLL closed!? I neeeeeeed this thread! :p

Im gonna take my lessons sooon InshaAllah ! still need to take my theory exam tho but that will be sooon too inshaAllah lol anyway ....is 25-30 lessons enough ?
and what about this lesson car ? It looks coool tho but would it be diffucult to take my lessons with this car? :skeleton:

Olive
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, sure Guven. That's a perfect car to take your lessons in! :D

Güven
11-28-2008, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
Yeah, sure Guven. That's a perfect car to take your lessons in! :D
Was that a sarcasm? :exhausted

Olive
11-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes, it was - if you didn't notice. :p

By the looks of it, were you serious in the first place?:blind:

Güven
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
yes I was !!!! its the new car that a driving company gets so i was interested :D

Olive
11-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow... first off, isn't it rather big for a learner's car?

Secondly, it's got bloody 6 gears! How powerful is that for a first time drive? :D

I love your part of the world Guven! :D :D :D

Güven
11-28-2008, 09:55 PM
my part of the world you say....:skeleton:

yeah it sure looks big and diffucult to handle but it looks AWESOME innay!

Ive got THREE companies that im interested in.
that means I can choose between three cars :D

this one,Opel Astra :

and this car, Honda Civic :

the Opel Astra looks not that bad and its not that big as that BMW..

Olive
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Ooh, lucky you. :p

I think you'll like the Astra. Looks good too. :p

arabianprincess
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
well as for me .. im still takin lessons cuz i suck in the highway which apparently is suppose to be the easiest thing and i cant managed to go through with out getting scared from the huge truck ( which is like soooo far away from me).. i keep thinkin its gonna crash into me LOL .. and during that time i cant change my lines. :-( !

transition?
11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Driving. My test is this Friday *teeth chatter* I've driven with my parents all over town for lots of hours. I can't parallel park or reverse back into parking. Something I think I can hopefully learn a couple hours before the test.

what do you mean by 30 hour lessons with a driving instructor? jeez, doesn't that cost alot?

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

^^ £21 a lesson...times it by 30 = £630 I think :exhausted

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Driving. My test is this Friday *teeth chatter* I've driven with my parents all over town for lots of hours. I can't parallel park or reverse back into parking. Something I think I can hopefully learn a couple hours before the test.

what do you mean by 30 hour lessons with a driving instructor? jeez, doesn't that cost alot?
Yes it does :exhausted

I think im gonna take 24 lessons + "Practise" Exam + "Real" Exam that means around €1180 :skeleton:
but they are one of the best here and said that i have an higher chance that i will pass at the first try....InshaAllah

transition?
11-29-2008, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Yes it does :exhausted

I think im gonna take 24 lessons + "Practise" Exam + "Real" Exam that means around €1180 :skeleton:
but they are one of the best here and said that i have an higher chance that i will pass at the first try....InshaAllah
I think most people in the UK get their licenses later than Americans do. In America, you can hardly survive without a car. roads, roads, roads. That's why drinking laws are more strict here than they are in Europe. Drunk driving is a major issue here. i digress. I only took 6 hours of lessons and 30-35 hours of class in "theory." I can imagine driving in European cities is much more difficult in driving in suburbs or even American cities. The rest my dad taught me. That probably saves a lot of money, but not that much stress lol. In the lessons are the cars at least specially equipped or something? I mean the driving school I took lessons at had an extra steering wheel and brake in the passenger seat.

JEEBIES! 1180$!!!! :X

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I mean the driving school I took lessons at had an extra steering wheel and brake in the passenger seat.
they dont trust the student i guess :D

In America, you can hardly survive without a car. roads, roads, roads.
true unless you want to take the bus around +o( or you could walk and loose a few pounds :D

transition?
11-29-2008, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
they dont trust the student i guess :D

true unless you want to take the bus around +o( or you could walk and loose a few pounds :D
Good thing they don't. I was such a bad driver. -_-. oh man.

We have buses but their stops are still like 4 to 5 miles from my house (but I'm lucky lol).

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 01:38 AM
there's one every block here but i can't remember the last time i went on one, the people on it just make you want to disapear :hmm:

Cabdullahi
11-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I love buses...sitting upstairs right at the back with my hoody up, rehearsing my rhymes ...enjoying my company :)

transition?
12-01-2008, 01:08 AM
The buses where I live no one talks lol. It's silence. We all stare the windows. But I guess I ride when everyone is riding home from work. Need that peace prolly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.