/* */

PDA

View Full Version : She saved a rupee a day fo Hajj...

InToTheRain
02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
She Saved a Rupee a Day for Haj
Syed Faisal Ali, Arab News

MAKKAH, 24 December 2005 — It was a dream of a lifetime and took a long time to fulfill. It took her 17 years before she could embark on her dream odyssey — a journey to the holy land to perform the pilgrimage.

Fiftyseven-year-old Abida Mubarak of Delhi is grateful to Allah that she is performing Haj this year after saving one rupee every day for over 17 years. “I was saving whatever money I could every day. On an average I saved one rupee a day, sometimes more, in my piggy bank for the pilgrimage. And now after a long wait of 17 years I am in the holy land to perform Haj,” Abida said.

Abida has come with her husband Mubarak Ali and her aunt Qadri Begum for the pilgrimage. Mubarak is a low wage earner and was unable to spare any money from his measly income for the Haj. He said they could make the pilgrimage only due to the efforts, patience and perseverance of Abida. “She is a very gutsy woman. When she was saving one rupee a day for Haj, everybody laughed at her. But she was not discouraged and never lost patience, and at last proved everybody wrong,” Mubarak said.

Not only did Abida make the trip, she helped Mubarak. “For all three of us, the flight from Delhi to Jeddah was the first ever plane journey. We had never seen an aircraft before,” Abida said....

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4&sect...category=World

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Aww that's moving.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
ah thats cool thanks for sharing bro... :w:

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
17 × 365 + ~5 = 6210 rupees = 107.363 euros...

Our accommodation in the Aziziah district is a bit far off from the Holy Haram, but the transportation facility is good and until now we have not faced any problem. But people say when the season peaks, more and more pilgrims will arrive and the situation might change. But we have no choice. We are praying that everything passes off smoothly and we go back to our country safe and sound,” an excited Abida said.
The Aziziah accommodation is a bit cheaper at SR1,050. It includes transportation and breakfast,” Ausaf said.
1,050 Saudi Riyal = 190.025 Euro

The cheapest roundtrip Delhi-Jeddah flight I could find was at 518.019 EUR and there are two members of the Mubarak family besides Abida.

:confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
02-06-2008, 07:54 PM
:salamext:

Oh wow, Mashaa Allaah!!!

InToTheRain
02-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Im amazed, she constantly re-enforced her intentions through actions, imagine the Baraqah she had, SubahanAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
17 × 365 + ~5 = 6210 rupees = 107.363 euros...

1,050 Saudi Riyal = 190.025 Euro

The cheapest roundtrip Delhi-Jeddah flight I could find was at 518.019 EUR and there are two members of the Mubarak family besides Abida.

:confused:
Indeed :ooh: I should get my butt over there before making that trip :D lol

there may have been a type OR she probably saved 1 rupee minimum....

meh, don't sweat the details :D where theres a will theres a way especially with Allah(SWT) help :D

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
Im amazed, she constantly re-enforced her intentions through actions, imagine the Baraqah she had, SubahanAllah.

Indeed :ooh: I should get my butt over there before making that trip :D lol

there may have been a type OR she probably saved 1 rupee minimum....

meh, don't sweat the details :D where theres a will theres a way especially with Allah(SWT) help :D
Where there's a will, there's at least 50 relatives.:hmm::hiding:

Her average savings would have to be ~16 ruppes/day.

جوري
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
^^^ lol you are such a nerd..
flight prices change by months and among companies...
when I used to travel from NY to London, I could find flights as cheap as $200 with 'student universe' 'student travel' and other such companies.. also airlines vary, usually virgin atlantic had the cheapest tickets, but sometimes British airway (by the way I don't recommend them) did... so you just need to know when to snipe a deal..
there was a town in England called (luton) with its own airport, you could go to Germany for as little as ₤ 11 honestly cheaper than it was to travel in England itself...

ah--- I miss traveling..

peace

InToTheRain
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Where there's a will, there's at least 50 relatives.:hmm::hiding:
LOL... but only true if you are asian :ooh:

Her average savings would have to be ~16 ruppes/day.
:mmokay: ok einstein go lodge your complaints with Syed Faisal Ali of http://www.arabnews.com/

*cough* nerd *cough* :D :P

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
lol nerd lol ololo lolol olololol roflmao sorry im just crackin up at nerds HAHAHAHAHAH ...sorry

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
loool:D
You both get reps, who's a nerd now?:hiding: (only 3 points though, guys...)

It's just I am not particulary trusting towards arabic/islamic news sources....

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
^ arabs..islamic... pshhhh ...

sucks for u havin evryone callin u a nerd...lol jk

InToTheRain
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol nerd lol ololo lolol olololol roflmao sorry im just crackin up at nerds HAHAHAHAHAH ...sorry
It's actually a good thing to be a nerd :ooh: (I think!) anyways back on topic!

Imagine all the Baraqah she got while she was constantly enforcing her intentions through actions each day, Subahanallah.

:w:

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 08:34 PM
^ lol yeah... may allah grant her jannah... ameen

p.s. only a nerd wud think nerds are cool..no off.

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Stupid people are nerds. Smart people, such as myself (..), do not require studying.

Anyways, back on topic, it's an interesting story, whether true or not...

The_Prince
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
she sure will have a great great great reward in paradise.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
^ inshallah

جوري
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I am a nerd, have always been a nerd and most likely will die a nerd, I think nerds shall one day inherit the earth =)

takes a certain wit and drollness to be a nerd and a certain wit to appreciate nerd wit ;D

:w:

InToTheRain
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyways, back on topic, it's an interesting story, whether true or not...
LOL, ain't you quite the pessimist :ooh:

*cough* pessimistic nerd (ultimate diss if I say so my self :ooh:) *cough*

:D :p jus kidding moi'

peash(c)e

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
did this lady happen to have a bank? lol..

and ^^ nerds will never do that to the dear earth.. if it does happen..ever... i hope im dead by the time the nightmare comes..hehe

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2008, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eve Persephone
I am a nerd, have always been a nerd and most likely will die a nerd, I think nerds shall one day inherit the earth =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.