/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My friend thinks that the hadith is fake!

LIVE
02-07-2008, 06:03 AM
:sl:

I've been caught up in a very bad situation; I'm from Saudi Arabia but I've moved to Malaysia to get my degree, I've been there for around a year and a half now. I have Muslim and Non-Muslim friends, and even the Muslims not all of them have strong Islam. I've never adviced any of them since I myself am not very religious.

My problem is, one of my Muslim friends has come up to me on the MSN an hour ago and gave me this website : [link removed] and said "consider". I couldn't open it because the Saudi internet have blocked the website. So he started to explain to me what was it talking about.

He wasn't a very strong Muslim before, and now he believes that this is the truth, that the hadith is wrong and "fake" and that we should only follow the Quran. I tried to explain to him that the hadith is only explaining and elaborating what is in the Quran and that it tells us about our prophit, etc.. But he says that the hadith contradicts with the Quran and that it's unreliable. We've talked a lot but he still stuck to his opinion, that it got to a point where he said "i'm going to prove that the hadith is not reliable. and that it is satan's weapon".

I told him, if he's seeking for the truth -as he has mentioned- and that he doesn't believe in the hadith then look for a trusted translated Quran (in English) and read the whole thing, and follow that. He didn't say that he would, but when I told him that I would bring him a translated copy from over here (Saudi Arabia) that atleast is proved from Makkah and the government or whatever, he said "no thanks". He believes that there are translators who are influenced by the hadith, and he doesn't want to read their translations.

My plan at the moment is to bring him a Quran from here once I go back to Malaysia (since I'm not sure what kind of translation is it that he has). And ask him to read it.

I'm not very religious and my English is very bad, that's why I couldn't give him the answers for all of his questions. However, he had a source (the website) to base his point upon. I asked him to give me time to gather all the info I need, as he he had the website on his side, and he agreed. So now I need you guys to help me out with this, and provide me with any info you have with the verses from the Quran that proves it right. And if anyone has any idea of how to convince him that hadith is our prophit's actions and sayings and that they ARE reliable, please help me out as much as you can!

Keep in mind that the guy is very stubborn and he has been deppressed over many things in his life, he's more into logic than emotion and beliefs.

I need help! What should I do??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
:salamext:

i removed the link to that site, but insha Allah you can read through this article and it will help you in many ways insha Allah to discuss the issue with him with good understanding:

Ahadeeth myths
http://www.load-islam.com/indepth.php?topic_id=9

Also this insha Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...futations.html

If you need more help, please continue asking insha Allah. May Allah support you and guide us all, ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
i know of someone in the exact same situation, the person has forgotten that logic and understanding is a gift from Allaah. They think they know better and they are clouded in confusion.

I think a serious change of environment and good company could heal things.

He simply needs a clear mind, he needs to stay away from all the material which causes him confusion and which is altering his mentality.

Tell him to stick to islamic sources, read the works of ibn qayyim and as-suyuti etc, and tell him that just quran is the most illogical thing ever due to most of islaamic practises coming from sunnah (hadith), so this proves how clouded his judgement has become. He needs to come back to the correct mentality

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.