/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guests who drink

nonimus
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
AA brothers and sisters,
I am having firend sstay with me for a fwe days. They know that dirnking is not allowed however they want to drink outside in my backyard. Is this permissable. I know they cannot store their alcohol in my home which they are ok with. Am i committing haram. Will the angels still enter my home?
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
hmm , tricky situation bro, I don't know if there is a ruling on this, but if these friends aren't muslim then they should just go out somewhere and drink, but if they are then obviously you should tell them that its haram, and about the angels I don't know

Heera Singh
02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I had a similar situation with my brother; i wouldn't allow him to bring meat or alcohol into the house (as we don't believe those things) - one time he tried it and i told him to leave... i also told him i didn't want him comin hom intoxicated.. and if he did, then he wouldn't be allowed to come back into the house...

obviously we can't control peoples actions outside of the home, but its good that ur stickin to ur beliefs inside ur home.. if u feel uncomfortable them being intoxicated while entering ur residence, let them know... remember, we're not on this earth to please eachother, Only to please God!

good luck..

Bless!

Al-Zaara
02-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Selam aleykum,

I'm no scholar and there might be a fatwa somehwere, but I'm going to issue my own opinion.

Your backyard is part of your home, isn't it? And hello, if someone gets drunk they might go inside and make trouble. If they don't get drunk, they will still be "weirdly happy" and probably annoy you very much with their red cheeks and odd giggling. lol

What I want to say is I wouldn't let them drink anywhere which is part of property, which I consider my home, my personal peace, so I'd suggest them to go out in the city to drink.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nonimus
02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the responses.
Just to clarify. None of them have the intention of getting drunk THey are having a few small quiet drinks...not that I am making excuses, but my concern is not that they will make trouble or anything like that or get drunk. Just about dirnking. I am trying to compromise as they are my guests and you should treat your guests with courtesy etc. I cannot control what they do but If i limit it I thought i would maybe be judged on my intentions. I am very unsure....

*Marwah
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
:sl:
i don't think so...:-\
that is what i think...:?
Sallam

snakelegs
02-09-2008, 12:36 AM
i don't know about angels, but if you don't want alcohol on your premises (which includes your yard), i see no harm in saying so.
surely they can live a few days without alcohol?

czgibson
02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Greetings,

I think that outside of your religious beliefs, if it's your house then you make the rules. I think your guests should respect that.

Peace

Asper
02-09-2008, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I think that outside of your religious beliefs, if it's your house then you make the rules. I think your guests should respect that.

Peace
Indeed. Your friend should respect the rules that you have on your property. If he wishes to drink alcohol, he should do it elsewhere

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
two words:

Alcohol Stinks

now the choice is yours !

Assalamu Alaikum

sisterFatima
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Dear brother, may Allah reward you for at least having some fear of Him. Brother, in the first place, should you be hanging out with friends that drink?
You remember what the prophet Muhammed s.a.w said that if you hang out with a black smith, their smell will linger on to you, and that if you entered a perfume shop, you come out smelling perfume.
Inshallah, I know we musn't judge people, but it's so easy to accept their wrong doing and forget about the hate Allah has for the sin being committed.
Inshallah brother, please do not allow them to drink in your home for you will carry the burden of the sin even if you're not drinking as well.
Here are some ayahs and hadith inshallah.
-----

Abdullah bin Umar related that the Prophet (pbuh) said: “Do not sit together with drinkers, nor visit them when they are sick. Do not even attend their funerals. The drinkers of alcohol shall come on the Last Day with black faces, their tongues leaning on one side and saliva coming out of their mouths. Anyone who sees their filthy appearance will know that they were the drinkers of alcohol.”
Wa’il al-Hadrami said that Tariq bin Suwaid asked the Prophet (pbuh) about wine and the Prophet (pbuh) forbade him. When Tariq told him that he made it only as a medicine, the Prophet (pbuh) replied, “It is not a medicine but a disease.” [Hadith Muslim]

“Say (O Muhammad): (But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawaahish (great evil sins) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge” [Quran, al-‘Araaf 7:33]
“And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: ‘This is lawful and this is forbidden,’ so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper” [Quran, al-Nahl 16:116]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.