/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a male's awrah - my thoughts on it

beasmile
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Salam alaikom,

There is something that makes me a little annoyed. Everyone talks about hijab issue and women. And alhamdulillah, hijab is so beautiful. Some girls just don't stop figuring out new ways of wearing it. Some of the girls clothe in a very elegant way - with everything halal, but also in a way that looks fresh, spontanious and joyful.

And I know some muslim men, who advice women to cover but... they themselves don't cover their awrah. I recently saw pics of a muslim couple - she was wearing a beautiful hijab and nice clothes and he... had SHORTS, I mean: he had his kneels and 5cm above uncovered. Many men don't know what their awrah is or don't care. So let me remind you: everything between the navel an knees (including them) is awrah for you and it is haram to uncover it even to bros. Only wife is permitted. Uncovering this awrah is an equal sin to uncovering hair by women.

Ma as salama
Fatima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
yh I'll keep that in mind in summer:D

youngsister
02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
:sl:Subxanallah:w:

crayon
02-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Not even speaking from a religious point of view, but who even wears short shorts anymore?! They're... ew.

So men, do us all and yourselves a favor, and cover up!
Jazakumallahu Khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam,

Are you absolutely sure that 'everything between the navel an knees (including them) is awrah for you and it is haram to uncover it even to bros.'?

crayon
02-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Some scholars say the knee is included, others say it is only to the knees.

lonnnng article about it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.