/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new muslim

muslimguitarist
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
hello
i'am shayla bench and i just found Islam jest a few days ago.
i declared there is no god exept allah and muhammed is his messanger.
i found islam through a religions course.
just shouting out there
I'm a muslim

ALLAHU AKBAR

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
02-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have a pleasant stay here. :)

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a guitarist too. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but music (including guitar music) is not seen as a good thing in Islam. I'll let others fill you in on the details.

Peace

InToTheRain
02-07-2008, 07:38 PM
:sl:

TAKBIR!

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimguitarist

ALLAHU AKBAR
Mash'Allah :D

Yes guitar is not permitted according to the majority of the scholars. However Allah(SWT) has guided you to truth and have taken the most important step in knowing truth from false hood.

The Laws of Shariah (what is Haram/Halal) came after a solid 10 years or so after Mohammad(SAW) recieved prophethood...and during those initial years they were learning...or more Importantly Allah(SWT) was preparing their mind, body and soul for Shariah. This shows the importance of Tawhid and understanding the fundementals of Islam such as Belief in the Allah(SWT), his massengers, his books, the angels, the after life, the day of judgement and so on.

So take it one step at a time Insha'Allah... remember this life is a cage for the believer and paradise for the Desbeliever. This implies that the Believer, even though he has the option of indulging himself in the forbidden doesn't do so because he restricts himself out of love for Allah(SWT) and anything that may lead you awaya from Him.

:w:

------
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
:salamext:

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
02-22-2008, 12:29 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu (May the peace and mercy of Allah be with you).

Welcome to the Forum, New Sister Of Islam! Congrats for your new convert, Masha'Allah (Allah has willed it)!

You can ask any of questions to us, Insha'Allah, we can trying to answer to you!

May Allah gains your knowledge of Islam!

Sister Fatima

*Maysun
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Allahu Akbar

Welcome sis ..

noorseeker
02-22-2008, 02:40 PM
mashallah. welcome to L I .Hope you have a good stay , inshallah.

Khayal
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM

just shouting out there
I'm a muslim

ALLAHU AKBAR

Yes, I heard your shouting, MashaAllaah......:D

Congratulations!!!

and

:welcome: to the forum. :)

Pk_#2
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM
coooooooooooooooool a guitarist!

Ariii? Welcome to Islam and the forum.

czgibson
02-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
coooooooooooooooool a guitarist!
Did you know that 'guitar is not permitted according to the majority of the scholars'?

Peace

MartyrX
02-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Salaam!

al Amaanah
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
:salamext:

first of all welcome to Islaam sis. alhamdulillah 'alaa ni3matil islaam! and welcome to LI, insha Allah you'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

rabarbara2008
02-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Salaam alaykum,
welcome new sister.
allahu akbar indeed!

concerning the guitar. i think as a new muslim it's more important to focus on other things first. like praying etc. first things first right? i mean, when i just converted i had to find my way too. in the beginning i was not eating halal and i was not wearing a veil.

things come step by step.

may Allah guide us all.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-29-2008, 04:13 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.