/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Opposed to marriage

AnonymousPoster
02-08-2008, 11:57 PM
:sl:

I've recently found out that a friend (Muslim) of mine doesn't want to get married. She says she wants to stay alone forever. Any decent man that comes her way, she rejects them. I really care about her and am worried about her future. Please help me change her mind about getting married.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
youngsister
02-15-2008, 09:40 PM
salam
did u ask ur friend why?
maybe she had a bad experience in da past and have lost faith in men
advise her and tell her sooner or later she will get lonely or she might want to have children and that in islam, u get lots of good deeds for gettin married. so why not?

Cabdullahi
02-15-2008, 09:50 PM
"what she said"

format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
salam she might want to have children

"what she actually ment"

format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
salam ,she should just marry for having children and then make a run for it

yeah:ooh: just marry just to concieve a child an then kick em out!! nice one:thumbs_up

Trumble
02-16-2008, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I've recently found out that a friend (Muslim) of mine doesn't want to get married. She says she wants to stay alone forever. Any decent man that comes her way, she rejects them. I really care about her and am worried about her future. Please help me change her mind about getting married.

If you really care about her you need to let go and support her in the way of life she chooses. Not being married does not mean being 'alone', it just means being single... and someone being 'decent' is rarely sufficient to create the love that means you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Rather a happy single than a miserable marriage.

If its any consolation most people change their mind on this anyway as they get older, or actually meet the right person (as opposed to the nearest 'decent' one). I speak from experience! :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
02-16-2008, 04:43 PM
:salamext:

I think you should agree with what she wants. It's her life. And you can't force someone to marry.

Abi786
02-16-2008, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

im not sure i can really help as i have started to think like that myself. My personal view is due to what i have been through - i basically dont trust men (apart from my father), i think all men (and yes i know its not all of them) but majority of them are bad - basically i have lost hope in them - i look around and can only see all the bad they do in the world, within our religion and feel whats the point - i will just save myself the heartache.

as for children - i know every woman will one day have that longing for a child - so i think if i get to that stage i will just adopt a little orphan girl (as a woman can't adopt a boy).

you need to find out the reason behind your friends opinion on men before you can help find a solution.

Cabdullahi
02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abi786
im not sure i can really help as i have started to think like that myself. My personal view is due to what i have been through - i basically dont trust men (apart from my father), i think all men (and yes i know its not all of them) but majority of them are bad - basically i have lost hope in them - i look around and can only see all the bad they do in the world, within our religion and feel whats the point - i will just save myself the heartache.

as for children - i know every woman will one day have that longing for a child - so i think if i get to that stage i will just adopt a little orphan girl (as a woman can't adopt a boy).

you need to find out the reason behind your friends opinion on men before you can help find a solution.
I really fear for the ummah countless sisters and brothers on this forum being stubborn and saying im not gonna marry, the men say "ohh the women nag too much" and the females say we cant trust them ,they cant keep they stuff zipped' if every one takes on this mentality the ummah will decline and therefore we will be open an almost invite an attack by the west to abolish islam
so ppz get real not everyman is horrible and not every women is bad either

whatever u have experienced the real test is if u would bounce back and carry on with what islam teaches u and not to sit in a corner and say 'oh what am i gonna do' 'im not that beautiful' 'i got rejected once is it gonna happen again'
i am sure there are many sisters out there who are happily married laughing at u and saying whats wrong with them.

Tania
02-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Its her life, her choices :) Its nothing more annoying than other people which interfere in your life. Each should live how they are content

IbnAbdulHakim
02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
if she finds a brother shes inclined towards then she'll marry

and if she dont then she wont

its all qadr inshaAllaah

no need to worry

Assalamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.