/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Australian Prime Minister's Apology to those Aborigines Stolen from their Families

Curaezipirid
02-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's apology motion was tabled in Parliament at the end of the first day's hearing of this, the 42nd Parliament, and has been unanamously accepted this morning; after first,before yesterdays formal opening of Parliament within the Westminster system of government, the traditional owners of the land upon which the Australian Parliament House stands, were invited inside the building to provide a formal "Welcome to Country" to all the politicians, thereby formally making a statment of ownership on the part of Aboriginal Australia, of the mechanisms of legislative control:

Mr Rudd Said:

"Today we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

We reflect on their past mistreatment.

We reflect in particular on the mistreatment of those who were Stolen Generations – this blemished chapter in our nation’s history.

The time has now come for the nation to turn a new page in Australia’s history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

We apologise for the laws and policies of successive Parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians.

We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families, their communities and their country.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these Stolen Generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, we say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, we say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, we say sorry.

We the Parliament of Australia respectfully request that this apology be received in the spirit in which it is offered as part of the healing of the nation.

For the future we take heart; resolving that this new page in the history of our great continent can now be written.

We today take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all Australians.

A future where this Parliament resolves that the injustices of the past must never, never happen again.

A future where we harness the determination of all Australians, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, to close the gap that lies between us in life expectancy, educational achievement and economic opportunity.

A future where we embrace the possibility of new solutions to enduring problems where old approaches have failed.

A future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

A future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country, Australia."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Housekeeping stuff - could you provide the source please?

smile
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
i think this president is much better than the previous racist one

Curaezipirid
02-14-2008, 08:28 AM
That's the actual wording of the document which the Prime Minister tabled in parliament. I'll go chase up a couple of other links to it for everybody's evidence.

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Curaezipirid
02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
here is one link to some social commentary: it is a news website run by some lawyers who opposed the anti-terrorist legislation from within the law society:

http://www.newmatilda.com

Curaezipirid
02-14-2008, 09:36 AM
here is the link to the hansard documents: http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/

the Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's speech is here: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/Rudd_Speech.pdf

and the leader of the opposition's, Dr Brendan Nelson's speech is here:
http://www.aph.gov.au/house/Nelson_speech.pdf

Dr Nelson said a really really bad thing: he said that the seperation of function between state and national governments (that enables both levels of government to blame each other in a massive shirk which lets the politicans escape from their responsibilities unless there is a big popular movement of support for any particular policy) is necessary for child protection.

Today we are all fully exhausted, and my own day included investigating the situation with some really bad shaytan who are among the Sydney Aboriginal community: they've been trying to push the idea that America is where this should be happening. Today in a yahoo user group they were accusing me of having been misappropriating Aboriginal culture by saying that many of us were already Muslims. Like they want to accuse me of causing Muslims to have stolen our culture from us!

The real problems we still face today is what Dr Muhammad Haneef must have learned about: that in prisons the security guards are so very bad. I have even met a man who worked for the government teaching literacy in the prisons and was bashed and raped by the security guards. I don't know hardly any Aboriginal men who have not been raped anally by shatyan. Our country is full of the shaytan from many other parts of the world too. The Australian shaytan show themselves up to us a bit faster, but the others who have different cultures are more used to hiding themselves.

The reason Australian Aboriginal culture goes too bad very easily, (like accusing the very persons who forced the government to say sorry with being whose fault it was that anybody ever needed to say sorry: its ike everybody goes with the shaytan somedays), is to force the shaytan to show themselves up. They sure are having a big party about being said sorry to, already stealing the apology from the children it was told to. But I hope now everybody will get who they are, because some of them who are black and claiming to be Aboriginal are not showing any signs of having ever realised how our culture traps them. The Australian shaytan are sort of more resigned. And all Australians are very secretive about being distrustful of everybody as though any one of us could turn out to be the shaytan, but nobody will say that, and rather everybody just seems to go along with being quite around shaytan and letting them assume we are all just as bad as they are. So really we are not that bad.

Actually what I wanted to say is that the day before the prime minister said sorry, Parliament House was opened for its 42nd session since federation, with an Indigenous "Welcome to Country" ceremony inside the building first. A wooden message stick was given to the prime minister, who accepts it on behalf of the parliament, and then the politicians did their normal westminster style rituals, that had a black rod for swearing everybody in through, and a golden sceptre for the speaker of the house.

Now there is also a wooden message stick, which is a real sign in Allah, and all the parliamentary processes suddenly became opened up to the indigenous community.

All around the whole indigenous community is tuning in with the law of the legislators and how it is regulated, when everybody had been prohibited before.

I am afraid because so many men are too hurt to be able to step up the need. I think that many will have to learn and relearn full traditional self discipline really fast now, the same way I learned Islam: I got taught it by criminals who shirked with the knowledge from their teacher. If we are for real in accepting the responsiblity of that message stick, proving that we did not just rip off the politicians saying sorry from another country, then we will be able to cope with learning and re-learning Islamic method from criminals. Most Australians who are Muslims have had contact with threads of Islam which are being ripped off by criminals.

The blessing is so large that it needs to be tested like that.

I have decided that if there continue to be efforts in the Aboriginal community to prevent me from marrying a Muslim, that I will just marry an overseas Muslim from India or somewhere instead of Australia, and then our people might realise that the obtaining of this apology from the politicians could not have been done without Islam. Only believers will receive of the longer term benefit, that is for sure.

When the English invaded in 1788, there was already a long slow Jihad taking place here in our land. Most of the tropics and subtropics were converted to Islam, and the south had not yet converted, although many were believers. The arrival of Muslims here is recorded in oral history, which is usually just put down to being a mythology. If anybody would like to see an example of the way our culture speaks about the history, to prove it is within the right tradition, watch the movie called "Ten Canoes" which won an award at Cannes film festival in 2005 or 6. They say that new law arrived more than six hundred years ago, and less than seven hundred. The conversion process was interrupted by the arrival of Chinese among whom were many shaytan. That is in the archaeologists evidence recorded as having happened 350 years ago. They arrived to the east coast only 50 years before the English. They are the ones in our communities who kept up selling us out by saying the wrong things about our culture, as though we all just go to hell for their pleasure and anybody they want a favour from also. Their move is the most unintelligent of all.

I need to say thanks to all Muslims whom have prayed for our families here in Australia, because I know this sorry would never have been won without Islam. The shaytan in our communities are at the forefront of the black power movement, and that makes it most hard for the youth to find any reason to convert into Islam, or even realise that Islam has been behind obtaining this government apology.

Thanks for reading my post, the whole situation is taking its toll on my self personally for the past few months, since the election campaign began last year. Mashallah the victory is for the hands of the workers, even if the election win is to the Australian Labor Party who are obviously shirking the whole day through. The new prime minister is so cute about how bad he shirks, so all the Aboriginal women make sure he feels very proud to be shirking. He speaks Chinese fluently, which is one of the methods by which he got into power.

If anybody wants to read about the really saddest part of the story of how this apology came about, there is a story which is real, that I put into http://theislampath.com in the writers corner

wasalam

Curaezipirid
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
notice how Kevin Rudd made "culture" into "cultures"

that is his shirk in the speech

to say that because we were many tribal groups, many languages, (200+ here are in government records), and even more patriclans with local clan affiliation, therefore we were also many cultures, is his way of trying to prevent unity in our community, but especially he wants to prevent us realising Islam is our own also

Keltoi
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Native Americans, who are also of many different languages, embrace the fact that they are of different cultures. I don't see the problem in pointing out that a Mayan wasn't part of the same culture as an Incan...or Comanche the same as Pomo. I don't quite understand the outrage that Australian natives constitute peoples of various cultures.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.