/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dream of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

mo_123
02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Had a dream last night, there was a gathering of sum sorts, not sure of the locations....

a man appeared draped in a white sheet (it reminded me of the cloth people were when they die) the ehram

everyone was saying it was the prophet mohammed, i saw the face clearly

but all the time i was thinking this was a fake dream...dunno why...it was like why shud i see him...i aint no perfect muslim...etc...etc..

but then i read this morning in a book...those who have seen the prophet mohammed (PBUH) have actually seen him as the shaytaan cant take his form...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
yeah thats true if u see him in your dream then u have really seen him. mashallah, brother im not sure if its the ppl who DESERVE it who see him, i think allah just shows us and knows who the true beleivers are...
mashallah brother
and no the shaitan cant take his form...i heard

AhlaamBella
02-14-2008, 06:39 PM
SubhanAllah. Brother your post has really touched me :)

mo_123
02-14-2008, 07:44 PM
if the dream was true...which god only knows...then i rekon i seen two prophets now....and possibly the mahdi in my dreams...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
02-14-2008, 07:48 PM
wow u seen so many poeple. mashallah, subhanallah...
allah hafiz
:w:

Danah
02-14-2008, 07:59 PM
masha allah brother this is a reward from allah that you see prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
all of what I can say is congratulate you brother.
May allah guide you to the best in sha allah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
:sl:

i saw the face clearly
Can you describe what you saw, exactly as you saw it?

mo_123
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah

Can you describe what you saw, exactly as you saw it?

i can try.....

i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come...

then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face...

a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see..

i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown...

thats all i saw im afraid...

thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people....

i woke up thinking the same...., then looked it up in a book....and it said the shaytaan cant take the form of our prophet pbuh...

Intisar
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
:sl: ^Subhan Allaah!

It's true that if you see the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream, that you really have seen him as the shaytaan can't take his form (because he can't mess with your dreams). Mashaa Allaah, maybe this'll be an imaan booster for you? :)

mo_123
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: ^Subhan Allaah!

It's true that if you see the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream, that you really have seen him as the shaytaan can't take his form (because he can't mess with your dreams). Mashaa Allaah, maybe this'll be an imaan booster for you? :)
inshaallah sister....

means i have now seen two prophets....in my dreams....first being isa as and now prophet mohammed pbuh.

taybe smiler
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Subhan Allaah

Mikayeel
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Salam 3alekum!

Go on brother!

Thats amazing to hear!

Inshallah one day we all see him(pbuh) :)

Ali.
02-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Subhan Allah bro',

That's amazing! You know, you are quite lucky. :D

Dr.Trax
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
inshaallah sister....

means i have now seen two prophets....in my dreams....first being isa as and now prophet mohammed pbuh.
Salam Alaikum!

Brother wonderfull and interesting,you know why?

Becouse I had two dreams with the two prophets(Muhammad(SAW) and Isa(AS)),as I think.:)

The dream with the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) was like this:
We were in a cave and outside the cave was a river,so inside the cave I was with some people and suddenly I started saying(like praising the Prophet(SAW)) loudly:La illahe illalah muhammeden rasulallah.I repeated this word maybe 50 times and so happy,and suddenly someone from outside the cave called us to come outside to listen to the prophet speach(but here I am not so sure how he was calling us becouse I couldn't remember the whole dream) and I came and saw only the body of the prophet(SAW) but not the face.He was sitting in a yellow rock near the river above us...we were gathering all to listen to him.So suddenly I jumped in the river and crossed the river on the other side where the prophet was,but he was above us.And suddenly my dream was over.!

Mikayeel
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
Salam Alaikum!

Brother wonderfull and interesting,you know why?

Becouse I had two dreams with the two prophets(Muhammad(SAW) and Isa(AS)),as I think.:)

The dream with the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) was like this:
We were in a cave and outside the cave was a river,so inside the cave I was with some people and suddenly I started saying(like praising the Prophet(SAW)) loudly:La illahe illalah muhammeden rasulallah.I repeated this word maybe 50 times and so happy,and suddenly someone from outside the cave called us to come outside to listen to the prophet speach(but here I am not so sure how he was calling us becouse I couldn't remember the whole dream) and I came and saw only the body of the prophet(SAW) but not the face.He was sitting in a yellow rock near the river above us...we were gathering all to listen to him.So suddenly I jumped in the river and crossed the river on the other side where the prophet was,but he was above us.And suddenly my dream was over.!

Haha mashallah! nice dream:)

Next time i guess swin a bit harder:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
i can try.....

i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come...

then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face...

a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see..

i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown...

thats all i saw im afraid...

thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people....

i woke up thinking the same...., then looked it up in a book....and it said the shaytaan cant take the form of our prophet pbuh...

The reason I asked you bro, was to see whether what you saw matches the known authentic descriptions of the Messenger. This was the practice of our Salaf that whenever someone came to them telling them that they saw the Messenger in a dream, they would ask him to describe what he saw, and if the description given by the one who saw the dream matched the descriptions of the Messenger found in the authentic hadeeth, they would confirm that he had indeed seen him. This is because since we do not know how the Messenger looked, Shaytan can come and appear in some form and claim to be the Messenger, (as he is only forbidden from appearing in the Messenger's exact form) and seeing as how we do not know the true form of the Messenger, we won't be able to tell if it is true.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:
[...]If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh,[...]
Fath al-Baari, 12/383, 384.

What I suggest you do is to ask some scholars whether the descriptions in your dream actually match the known ones. If you do not have any local scholars, you can ask at the following link and expect a pretty prompt (and much better and much more accurate) reply: http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

Since you've aroused my curiosity, can you answer the following? :D

What was his face like? Round or otherwise? Did you see any white hair on his head or beard? And can you describe the beard? Was it full and thick or otherwise? Can you describe the eyes (size, color etc) and eyebrows (parted, thick or together etc) as well? What about the lips? The mouth (wide or small)? Any other details that you remember?

mo_123
02-14-2008, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah

The reason I asked you bro, was to see whether what you saw matches the known authentic descriptions of the Messenger. This was the practice of our Salaf that whenever someone came to them telling them that they saw the Messenger in a dream, they would ask him to describe what he saw, and if the description given by the one who saw the dream matched the descriptions of the Messenger found in the authentic hadeeth, they would confirm that he had indeed seen him. This is because since we do not know how the Messenger looked, Shaytan can come and appear in some form and claim to be the Messenger, (as he is only forbidden from appearing in the Messenger's exact form) and seeing as how we do not know the true form of the Messenger, we won't be able to tell if it is true.

[...]If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh,[...]

What I suggest you do is to ask some scholars whether the descriptions in your dream actually match the known ones. If you do not have any local scholars, you can ask at the following link and expect a pretty prompt (and much better and much more accurate) reply: http://islamtoday.com/fatawa_form.cfm

Since you've aroused my curiosity, can you answer the following? :D

What was his face like? Round or otherwise? Did you see any white hair on his head or beard? And can you describe the beard? Was it full and thick or otherwise? Can you describe the eyes (size, color etc) and eyebrows (parted, thick or together etc) as well? What about the lips? The mouth (wide or small)? Any other details that you remember?
from what i recall......

the face..was long, eyebrows didnt join or anything....cheeks were plump.....no white hair....

long black thick beard... curly like in old times....sparkly eyes..thats all i noticed in the dream.....

i noticed the whote drapings more.... like how they wrap bodies when people pass on... covereed on the head too..

FatimaAsSideqah
02-14-2008, 11:17 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

SubhanAllah!!

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “He who saw me in a dream has certainly seen me, for Shaytan can not take my form.” [Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim]

If a person was to see the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his unrecognized features, for example, he saw him without a beard, or with full grey hair, etc… then this dream will need to interpreted.

The differences in appearance may be due to the good or bad habits of the dreamer. According to the variation of people’s personalities, their dreams differ. Some dream him old, whilst others dream him young. Some see him pleased, whilst others see him disturbed. Therefore, the dream will need to be interpreted by a person who is qualified in this field, and who has taqwa and piety (Mulla Ali al-Qari, Mirqat al-Masabih, 9/25).

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

mo_123
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Response from

WWW.ISLAMTODAY.COM - English Fatwa Department

Question:

Had a dream last night, there was a gathering of sum sorts, not sure of the locations.... a man appeared draped in a white sheet (it reminded me of the cloth people were when they die) the ehram everyone was saying it was the prophet mohammed pbuh, i saw the face clearly but all the time i was thinking this was a fake dream...dunno why...it was like why shud i see him...i aint no perfect muslim...etc...etc.. but then i read this morning in a book...those who have seen the prophet mohammed (PBUH) have actually seen him as the shaytaan cant take his form... i saw people gathering......and people were saying the prophet is going to come... then a man came....tall...must have been 5ft ten to 6 ft....he was draped in a white sheet.... then all i saw was the face.... the sheet covered the prophet head to toe.... all that was on view was his face... a long beard, black beard... kinda curly like...no moustache...this i did see.. i saw the complexion of the skin....was kinda olivy brown... thoughout the dream i was in denial.....thinking this cant be real.....why wud i see the prophet pbuh of all people.... #the face..was long, eyebrows didnt join or anything....cheeks were plump.....no white hair.... long black thick beard... curly like in old times....sparkly eyes..thats all i noticed in the dream..... i noticed the whote drapings more.... like how they wrap bodies when people pass on... covereed on the head too.. can u tell me if this was actually a genuine dream?

Answer:

Dear questioner:

Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

It is possible to see the Prophet (peace be upon him) in dreams. But, this is not something to be done by our own efforts or because someone "deserves" it. It is from Allah.

Likewise, it is no fault on a person that he does not to see the Prophet (peace be upon him) in his dreams. The only blame is for a person not to obey his commands that are found in the Sunnah. Allah says: “Say: ‘If ye do love Allah; follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful” [Sûrah Âl-`Imrân: 31]

As for the possibility of seeing the Prophet (peace be upon him) in dreams, he said: “He who saw me in a dream has indeed seen me, for the Satan does not appear in my form.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6993) and Sahîh Muslim (2266)]

Whether this means that no one will have a dream where someone in it claims to be the Prophet (peace be upon him) without it being so, or whether the hadîth simply means that no one will have a dream where the exact appearance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is falsely represented – Allah knows best which of these is the case. In the latter case, the only people who could be sure to have seen the Prophet (peace be upon him) are those who saw him firsthand and knew what he looked like.

In any case, there are no practical consequences for this question. Please read the following answer below from our archives

And Allah knows best.

-------------------------------------

Dreams and Islamic Law

By Sheikh Sâmî al-Mâjid, professor at Imam University

In Islamic jurisprudence, we have five legal rulings: obligatory (wâjib), preferred (mustahabb), permissible (mubâh), disliked (makrûh), and forbidden (harâm).

Dreams are not and cannot be a source for these rulings. This is the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wal Jamâ’ah on the matter.

Anyone who declares that something is preferred or obligatory on the basis of a dream is coming with an innovation in our religion and calling people to fiction and misguidance.

The great jurist, Imam al-Nawawî writes: “If it was the 29th night of Sha`bân and people could not see the crescent, then someone saw the Prophet (peace be upon him) in his dream informing him that ‘tonight is the beginning of Ramadân’, no one would be allowed to fast on the basis of that dream, not the one who saw the dream nor anyone else.” [al-Majmû` (6/292)]

---------------------------------------

Please also read the article:

Sheikh's Articles >> (2005/6) >> On the Interpretation of Dreams

http://islamtoday.com/showme_weekly_...sub_cat_id=819

krypton6
02-16-2008, 11:16 PM
A few years ago I had a dream with him too.

We (The prophet, my family and I) were inside a room with desert sand being the ground. There was a stair in the middle of the room. The prophet told the adults to go to the top and then jump down, and then he told us (the children) that we should go half way up and jump down.
I never saw his face though.

The second part of the dream (or perhaps first): I was alone inside the room with the desert ground facing a blue wall made of marble bricks, written on them the 99 names of god. I read all 99 names and as I stepped back I could now see 100 names. The new brick was in the left lower corner, I read it and woke up not remembering what I read, or perhaps I did remember but ended up forgetting.

true believer
02-17-2008, 02:43 PM
wow i wish i had a dream like that
i never remember my dreams lol
but who knows maybe its a sign from Allah?

Amat Allah
02-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Asalamo Alikom

I did have a dream with the prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) he was lying on abed .he was sick .I think we were in a war and he was hurt.
I did not see his face but I kissed him on his forehead.
when I woke up I was smiling .

Alhamdo lellah

mo_123
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
subhanallah

nice dreams guys...

chacha_jalebi
02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
ithis thread has erm been sorted :D

one more question and answer for good luck and then bye bye thread :p

Question:
Once I saw Muhammad(SAW) in my dream. But he was like a young guy or young children. Of course his(SAW) appearence did not match with what I read about him(SAW).
But, I think (Hope) that it was HE(SAW). Because I asked him(SAW):' Are you indeed(really) Muhammad(SAW)?' He(SAW) said:'YES'. Who, except him(SAW) himself, can say that?
In the second time, there was a voice like in old times, when somebody is coming to the castle of the king.This voice said: 'Muhammad(SAW)!' And very handsome men, at the age between 40-45 came and just show me a piece of paper. And that was it.
How can I know, that in both dreams it was he(SAW)?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It should be noted that it is possible for a person to see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream, and that the Shaytaan cannot appear in the image of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he could appear in another form and claim that he is the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever sees me in a dream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266).

According to a report narrated by Ahmad (3400): The Shaytaan cannot resemble me.”

We have narrated it with a complete isnaad from Ismaa’eel ibn Ishaaq al-Qaadi from Sulaymaan ibn Harb – who was one of the shaykhs of al-Bukhaari – from Hammaad ibn Zayd from Ayyoob who said: If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh, and I have found another report which corroborates it. Al-Haakim narrated via ‘Aasim ibn Kulayb (who said), my father told me: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, “I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream.” He said, “Describe him to me.” He said, “I mentioned al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali and said that he looked like him.” He said, “You did indeed see him.” Its isnaad is jayyid.

With regard to those who say that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) may appear in all forms [in dreams], quoting as evidence the report narrated by Ibn Abi ‘Aasim from Abu Hurayrah, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sees me in a dream has indeed seen me, for I may be shown in all forms” – this hadeeth is da’eef (weak).

Its isnaad includes Saalih the freed slave of al-Taw’amah, who is da’eef (weak) who became confused (in old age), and this is a report from someone who heard it after he became confused.

Fath al-Baari, 12/384.

Secondly:

What is mentioned in the question about having seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as a young man or a child is possible, but it is also subject to the conditions mentioned above, which is that he should look as he would have looked at that age.

The phrase “[the Shaytaan] cannot” indicates that although Allaah gave him the ability to appear in any form he wants, He does not allow him to appear in the form of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was the opinion of a group who said concerning the hadeeth: What this refers to is when a person sees him as he really looked.

Some of them restricted it even further and said: He must see him as he looked when he died, so he must even take into consideration the number of his white hairs which was no more than twenty.

The correct view is that he may be seen at any age or in any condition, so long as he appears as he really looked at any time, whether as a youth, in the prime of manhood, in old age or any other time of his life.

Fath al-Baari, 12/386.

Thirdly:

Once this is understood, it is possible for the Shaytaan to come to a person in his sleep and claim to be the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), if he comes in a form other than the way in which Allaah formed him at all stages of his life.

The fact that there was a voice like in old times, or very handsome men, or someone who said “Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)” has nothing to do with seeing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in his true form.

And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.