/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assaults on Jews in UK hit record levels

Muezzin
02-15-2008, 09:01 AM
By Lucy Cockcroft
Last Updated: 2:44am GMT 15/02/2008

The number of violent assaults on Jews in the UK reached record levels last year, new figures have shown.

There were 547 recorded anti-Semitic race hate incidents, defined as malicious acts toward the Jewish community, according to the Community Security Trust (CST).

The number of violent attacks rose to 114 incidents in 2007, the highest number since CST began its records in 1984.

Overall the number of race hate incidents, including violent and verbal, represented the second highest total on record and an 8 per cent fall on the previous year’s record high number of 594 attacks.

The CST said the slight drop in incidents could be explained by a lack of "trigger events" from the Middle East or elsewhere during 2007, which would normally lead to temporary "spikes".

In 2006, the war between Israel and Hizbollah in Lebanon led to the highest ever recorded number of anti-Semitic incidents in the UK, the report said.

It warned that the decrease from 2006 did not alter the long-term trend of rising incident levels since the late 1990s.

Among last year’s 547 incidents were 114 assaults - up 2 per cent from the 112 assaults in 2006 - one of which was life threatening.

The remainder included 328 incidents of abusive behaviour, 62 acts of damage and desecration of Jewish property, 24 threats and 19 cases of mass-produced anti-Semitic literature.

A further 488 potential incidents were investigated by the CST but not judged to be anti-Semitic.

CST spokesman Mark Gardner said: "Over the past decade there has been a significant rise in the basic level of anti-Semitic incidents in our society, and it is affecting the lives of far too many British Jews."

A Department for Communities and Local Government spokesman said: "While we welcome the fall in the overall number of anti-Semitic incidents in 2007, the wider findings from the Community Security Trust’s report are of concern to the Government and serve as a reminder to us all that we still have more to do to eradicate anti-Semitism from our society."

Source

Apalling.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
:sl:

Yes, appalling indeed.

But I don't understand the article- it says assaults reached a record level then they say they welcome the drop. Isn't that a contradiction?

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:56 AM
i may sound mean.....i dont feel bad.

snakelegs
02-16-2008, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
keep in mind that the same kind of bigots who assault jews today, would be more than happy to assault muslims tomorrow.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
02-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Yes, appalling indeed.

But I don't understand the article- it says assaults reached a record level then they say they welcome the drop. Isn't that a contradiction?
One figure is to do with race hate incidents directed at Jews, the other is the number of incidents overall. I can understand your confusion - I had to read it twice.

EDIT: ...And I still got it wrong! See Trumble's post below.

I had no idea that anti-Semitism in the UK was such a problem.

The_Prince, do you live in the UK by any chance?

Peace

Trumble
02-16-2008, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Yes, appalling indeed.

Overall incidents were down, but violent incidents were up.

wilberhum
02-16-2008, 08:11 AM
No, you sound like a bigot. I wonder why?

Amadeus85
02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
keep in mind that the same kind of bigots who assault jews today, would be more than happy to assault muslims tomorrow.
I would say something similar,quoting Alain Finkielkraut- The biggest supporters of Israel in Europe may be in near future those who were antisemitic in past, but now they throw their hatred to arabs/muslims.
And answering on topic, those who observe european societies and poticies,notice that in Old Continent we have a new form of anti semitism, which had little to do with ancient old dislike to jews practiced by many europeans, but nowadays the modern antisemitism is practiced by immigrant, muslim communities in western Europe.It is of course connected with arab-jewish conflict.Thats why the highest number of antisemitic crimes happen now in France and in England also, not in countries like Slovakia,Lithuania,Poland or Latvia.

AhlaamBella
02-16-2008, 02:14 PM
May I ask, why?

*Hana*
02-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Aren't you one of the first to start sabre rattling when a Muslim is assaulted? Since when does Islam differentiate between human rights?

It's ok to violate an innocent Jew, but if you violate an innocent Muslim I'll scream for your execution. :heated:

I really wish people like you would stop butchering Islam with your hateful comments.

Pathetic!

*Hana*
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
More than likely most of them are probably already assaulting Muslims, and Sikhs, and Buddhists, etc. Usually these people are equal opportunity offenders!

Hana

FatimaAsSideqah
02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Why did you said that? Please explain to us.

Where is your sympathy?

Sister Fatima

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
thats my point, its zionist jews who incite so much garbage against Muslims causing people to act, so why should i feel sorry when it happens to them......ive reach so much cr@p in the UK papers by jewish ppl against Muslims.

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
No, you sound like a bigot. I wonder why?
do you think i care if i sound a bigot to you? the same man who supports terrorist Jews living in my land on palestine, who kicked my familly out and turned the area into some forrest park.

crayon
02-16-2008, 04:25 PM
thats my point, its zionist jews who incite so much garbage against Muslims causing people to act, so why should i feel sorry when it happens to them......ive reach so much cr@p in the UK papers by jewish ppl against Muslims.
:mmokay:
Most of us took this lesson in kindergarten, but maybe you were absent that day. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Aren't you one of the first to start sabre rattling when a Muslim is assaulted? Since when does Islam differentiate between human rights?

It's ok to violate an innocent Jew, but if you violate an innocent Muslim I'll scream for your execution. :heated:

I really wish people like you would stop butchering Islam with your hateful comments.

Pathetic!
i have converted quite a few to Islam including a pagan recently. :D

*Hana*
02-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Don't flatter yourself, brother, it is unbecoming a Muslim. It is only Allah, swt, who guides. What scares me is they will also learn your hatred which is outside the folds of Islam.

I pray, Allah, swt, guides them on the straight and true path. Ameen.

crayon
02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I wonder what jews would think of islam if they saw your previous comment. They'd be guided to the truth instantly!...

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Don't flatter yourself, brother, it is unbecoming a Muslim. It is only Allah, swt, who guides. What scares me is they will also learn your hatred which is outside the folds of Islam.

I pray, Allah, swt, guides them on the straight and true path. Ameen.
sorry i will flatter myself when you talk garbage that i am butchering Islam so i have to put you in your place. what do you do for Islam?

day in day out i work to refute lies against Islam, even getting death threats and all.....so when someone says im BUTCHERING ISLAM when im working everyday for Islam with my brain and own personal money i will flatter myself on the victories i get thanks to Allah.

what i said isnt hate, i dont feel sorry for them, give me one reason to feel sorry for them you wont be able to.

Jews steal land, kill people, etc etc, hence why should i feel sorry for them????????????????????????? Islam teaches an eye for an eye, even judaism teaches that. so therefore this isnt hate at all.

ppl like you BUTCHER Islam with your garbage which you cant prove from Islam, you give ppl this false pacifist kumbaya image of Islam which later makes ppl atheists because they will read the Quran and see jihad verses and say heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what is this!

and i have bad news for you, many Muslims feel the same way, dont act so arrogant as to think that my view is strange.............

perhaps i should quote the hadith of the final hours for you as to what will happen to the Jews?! but to ppl like you you will say thats evil maybe!

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I wonder what jews would think of islam if they saw your previous comment. They'd be guided to the truth instantly!...
id show them their own bible where they killed women and children, and then show them what they do in palestine and elsewhere.....then they will open their eyes and say "it seems were getting what we deserve"!

go read the jewish holy book, and the talmud which is like their version of the hadiths. go read the hate, racism, murder etc etc.....................

The_Prince
02-16-2008, 04:46 PM
i didnt start the argument here neither. i stated my opinion thats it (which i can back with Islamic text)

then some of you just attack without any actual evidence as to why im wrong, evidence from Islam or elsewhere!

Isambard
02-16-2008, 05:13 PM
sorry i will flatter myself when you talk garbage that i am butchering Islam so i have to put you in your place. what do you do for Islam?

I didnt know Islam was based on arrogance.

day in day out i work to refute lies against Islam, even getting death threats and all.....so when someone says im BUTCHERING ISLAM when im working everyday for Islam with my brain and own personal money i will flatter myself on the victories i get thanks to Allah.

I am worshipped as a deity by millions. My internet careerwhich you can never verify is greater than yours puny mortal.

what i said isnt hate, i dont feel sorry for them, give me one reason to feel sorry for them you wont be able to.

What you said isnt hate, but what you say right after is,

Jews steal land, kill people, etc etc, hence why should i feel sorry for them????????????????????????? Islam teaches an eye for an eye, even judaism teaches that. so therefore this isnt hate at all.

ppl like you BUTCHER Islam with your garbage which you cant prove from Islam, you give ppl this false pacifist kumbaya image of Islam which later makes ppl atheists because they will read the Quran and see jihad verses and say heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what is this!

Not really. Apologetics is usually what coverts ppl. Wheather its "true" Islam or not is subjective. What isnt is that your style of hate everyone makes one believe that muslims are nothing more than ravenous primitive monkies who need to be "disciplined". So she is correct. You are destroying Islam. Its generally not a good idea to give a bear a reason to kill you. It simply means you are delusional or an idiot.

and i have bad news for you, many Muslims feel the same way, dont act so arrogant as to think that my view is strange.............

Appealing to numbers are we? Many muslims are also shi'a. I guess other sects are fine in your book as well
Just a quick note, this post I find especially hilarious coming from you. But then I was always a fan of irony.

*Hana*
02-16-2008, 05:21 PM

Self flattery....yes, very becoming. And, umm, lol NO ONE puts me in my place. As much as you like to flatter yourself, I only answer to Allah, swt. I spread the truth about Islam, not preach hatred.

Funny thing about that. I also refute misconceptions about Islam, and I manage to do that without butchering the beauty of it and without spewing hatred.

How about "THEY" are not all Jews. How about "THEY" are innocents. How about, it is not for you to judge an entire group of people.

Not all Jews steal land, not all Jews kill people, etc., etc., etc. Just like not all Muslims burn churches, kill priests, kidnap and behead innocents, kill other Muslims. There are good and bad in every faith, in every society, that doesn't mean you have the right to put them all in one pot. You scream and shake your fist when it's done to Muslims, but you think it's your right to do it to everyone else. WRONG!

What garbage have I spread? Please show me where we are taught to hate all Jews, all Christians, all Non-Muslims. Show me where we are to hope for bad things for them. You have a twisted idea of what is acceptable. You provide proof that Islam spews and spreads hate. Show me a verse that encourages that. Show me a sound hadeeth that tells us to do that. What did Muhammed, pbuh, do when entrails were poured over him during prayer? What did he do with the Jewish lady threw garbage on his door step every day? Do you think you or any of us are better than that?

Sadly, many do. Alhamdulillah, MOST don't!!

perhaps i should quote the hadith of the final hours for you as to what will happen to the Jews?! but to ppl like you you will say thats evil maybe!

What happens to the Jews in the final hours is not by your hand or your will. It will be by the will of Allah, swt. Those you hate today could be your brothers or sisters in Islam tomorrow. You don't know...only Allah, swt, knows that.
May Allah, swt, guide you and us all. Ameen

Hana

abdurrahman96
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
To Prince,
As SalaamAlikum

What you have said is outrages about the Jews. Under Islamic ruling Jews should be treated good as long as they pay non muslim tax. A Jewish man wrote a great book about the Taliban and their treatment of the jewish community. I will post it as soon as I find it inshallah.

Brother you talk about Israelis killing muslims. Israel is still far better then our muslim countries. Just to name few Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Jordan. Muslims were making a big deal because Israel was building a wall around there country. In order to stop the attacks on their country. Saudi Arabia had this wall created to stop Yemenis (who are not attacking their country). In Israel I can apply for citizenship. which muslim country will allow me to have a citizenship? Non! In Saudi Arab muslims are judged based upon there race and nationality. Recently, the saudi Shura ordered Ban on the Banladesh workers because too many are coming into the country. When was the last time Israel put a ban on muslims? I am not defending Israel and their killing of muslims. I agree Israel does kill muslims. But I think we should first fix ourselves before we attack others.

abdurrahman96
02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Muslims always say Jewish media is bias and shows one side. Well, Why should "Jewish" Media show the enemies side? Honeslty, think about it. When was the last time Al Jazeera showed the side of Israelis? Or the Arab news its dedication in defending arabs only.

krypton6
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Attack on jews so what? Just as many sikhs, christians, black and morons are attacked.

As long as they arent inside of "Israel" why attack?

snakelegs
02-17-2008, 03:21 AM
i don't care whether you feel bad or not.
but could you tell me how assualts on random jews in europe is going to help the palestinian struggle for justice against israeli brutality?

Roasted Cashew
02-17-2008, 03:52 AM
do you think i care if i sound a bigot to you? the same man who supports terrorist Jews living in my land on palestine, who kicked my familly out and turned the area into some forrest park.

so you and them can go to h*ll together.
Anyway, next time be careful with your words. I love you prince but I'm not gay.

Roasted Cashew
02-17-2008, 03:56 AM
i don't care whether you feel bad or not.
but could you tell me how assualts on random jews in europe is going to help the palestinian struggle for justice against israeli brutality?
He is just saying he doesn't care. when did he even suggest that it would help the cause.

Roasted Cashew
02-17-2008, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrahman96
Muslims always say Jewish media is bias and shows one side. Well, Why should "Jewish" Media show the enemies side? Honeslty, think about it. When was the last time Al Jazeera showed the side of Israelis? Or the Arab news its dedication in defending arabs only.
We are talking about mainstream media in America which is not SUPPOSE to be Jewish. I couldn't care less about the media in Israel. The problem arises when the Zionists control the media of non-Jewish countries and apparently the only superpower in the world, America.

Heera Singh
02-17-2008, 04:21 AM
anybody who shows no remorce or compassion for the deaths/attacks/oppression of innocent people (whatever background they come from) has not even an iota of understanding of God. If you have not learned these things from ur faith, then you a headed down a one way street in spirituality - in otherwords, ur not gettin anywhere, and probably doing more harm then good.

snakelegs
02-17-2008, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
He is just saying he doesn't care. when did he even suggest that it would help the cause.
he said:
he is saying that the brutalities of the zionists are causing people to assualt jews - so i am asking how asaulting jews contributes the the palestinian struggle. made sense to me....

Roasted Cashew
02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
he said:

he is saying that the brutalities of the zionists are causing people to assualt jews - so i am asking how asaulting jews contributes the the palestinian struggle. made sense to me....

Yet. He did not suggest that it does HELP THE CAUSE. He merely said that the brutalities of Zionists are causing people to act yet he did not suggest that assaulting them IS HELPING THE CAUSE. Snaky I would rather quarrel with Wilberhum whole day long than even a little with you. I like you(not in a gay manner).

Trumble
02-17-2008, 12:38 PM
I haven't been able to find out a breakdown of these figures to confirm my suspicions, but I suspect an analysis would reveal that few of these attacks are from muslims or have any connection with Zionism. Violence against Jews in the UK has always been primarily related to simple racism with a dash of Nazism, and I doubt that has changed. The people doing this are mostly the same people who attack blacks, muslims, Sikhs and Hindus, and most probably don't even know what 'Zionism' is... although I note the comment about the rise during the Hezbollah/Israeli conflict in Lebanon.

AvarAllahNoor
02-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Yet. He did not suggest that it does HELP THE CAUSE. He merely said that the brutalities of Zionists are causing people to act yet he did not suggest that assaulting them IS HELPING THE CAUSE. Snaky I would rather quarrel with Wilberhum whole day long than even a little with you. I like you(not in a gay manner).
What has gay got to do with anything? Snakelegs is a lady! ;D

True, alot of resentment is shown. Example when a few weeks ago, they stopped power to Gaza. It helps NOBODY to treat others in this manner. Neither does the rockets from Gaza. But I guess one negative reacton results in another.

Gur Fateh

Roasted Cashew
02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What has gay got to do with anything? Snakelegs is a lady! ;D
Oh ALLAH. GOD Almighty. I just never knew it. I am so sorry "snakelegs". See that' what happens if you don't disclose your gender. HEHE:D

abdurrahman96
02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
We are talking about mainstream media in America which is not SUPPOSE to be Jewish. I couldn't care less about the media in Israel. The problem arises when the Zionists control the media of non-Jewish countries and apparently the only superpower in the world, America.
Why is mainstream media in America not SUPPOSE to be jewish? If a jew owns the media its his. Is it not? Jews were buying the media while muslims were complaining that jews are buying out all the media. America is a Christian nation.Christians follow the old testament which is the Torah. Jesus A.S. was a Jew by christian claim. Therefore America is a Christian/Jewish Country.

America is no super power. The only real super power is the one who follow Allah S.W.T. and his commands. The reason muslims are losing all the wars is because while jews fight under the banner of Judaism muslims fight under nationlism. Suicide bombing was introduced first not as a part of islam rather a part of Arab national movement. We muslims tend to take what Arabs do as part of our faith for some reason. Even the hatred for the jew in the religion of islam was introduced because of Arab nationalism. Many non arab countries demonstrated after the death of Saddam Hussien calling him a hero. What "hero" he killed his own people and did not implement shariah. The only reason he was considered a hero because Iraqis and Palestinian considered him a hero.

Roasted Cashew
02-18-2008, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrahman96
Why is mainstream media in America not SUPPOSE to be jewish? If a jew owns the media its his. Is it not? Jews were buying the media while muslims were complaining that jews are buying out all the media. America is a Christian nation.Christians follow the old testament which is the Torah. Jesus A.S. was a Jew by christian claim. Therefore America is a Christian/Jewish Country.

America is no super power. The only real super power is the one who follow Allah S.W.T. and his commands. The reason muslims are losing all the wars is because while jews fight under the banner of Judaism muslims fight under nationlism. Suicide bombing was introduced first not as a part of islam rather a part of Arab national movement. We muslims tend to take what Arabs do as part of our faith for some reason. Even the hatred for the jew in the religion of islam was introduced because of Arab nationalism. Many non arab countries demonstrated after the death of Saddam Hussien calling him a hero. What "hero" he killed his own people and did not implement shariah. The only reason he was considered a hero because Iraqis and Palestinian considered him a hero.
I would agree with most of your points.

Suicide Bombings: Haram
Saddam Hussein: Evil

BUT America is a SECULAR country unlike Islamic countries where Church and state are separate. And earlier you said that all Arab media is biased as well. Brother, I watched Al-Jazeera English and I can tell you I never noticed any bias in it. We are complaining because if the Zionists own media manipulates the American into believing their filthy propaganda, they(America) have the military might to cause harm to a lot of people. A LOT of people.

But you are right, we should stop whining already. I would blame it on the Arabs. These rich brats instead of buying something useful have become slaves to America and western values.

Keltoi
02-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Violence against Jews in Europe was around a long, long time before the modern state of Israel was even thought about.

Muezzin
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
...Are some people actually trying to justify or mitigate these assaults by reference to world politics?

I don't know whether I should be surprised to see those kinds of reactions or not.

I hope all the victims of these assaults were not too badly injured, physically or mentally. The same goes for victims of all hate crimes. Heck, the same goes for victims of all violent crimes generally.

What a messed up species we are.

abdurrahman96
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
But you are right, we should stop whining already. I would blame it on the Arabs. These rich brats instead of buying something useful have become slaves to America and western values.
Majority of the people think that the arab leaders are evil. Most of the people dont realize is that the civilians living in these countries are more evil then the leaders. Lets take Saudi Arabia for example. Saudi Arabia implements such harsh laws towards foreigners because the Saudi people want these laws. Saudi government implements such laws to please the saudi people. Arabs dont have western values. Although I do wish that arabs had picked up on the western values. West may not be good but they treat there people better then majority of the arab countries. To be honest I dont watch Al jazeera I just read through there website sometimes.

Intisar
02-18-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
...Are some people actually trying to justify or mitigate these assaults by reference to world politics?

I don't know whether I should be surprised to see those kinds of reactions or not.

I hope all the victims of these assaults were not too badly injured, physically or mentally. The same goes for victims of all hate crimes. Heck, the same goes for victims of all violent crimes generally.

What a messed up species we are.
:sl: Indeed. :rolleyes:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.