/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Andre Carson of Indiana May Become the Second Muslim in the US Congress Soon

ajazz
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Assalamualikum

A convert to Islam stands an election victory away from becoming the second Muslim elected to Congress

He converted to Islam more than a decade ago and began attending prayers at Nur-Allah Islamic Center, a predominantly African-American Sunni mosque.

http://www.theamerican-----------/tam...ngress/0015472

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
02-18-2008, 04:51 AM
How can a Muslim justify participating in a government that has declared war on Islam?

Roasted Cashew
02-18-2008, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
How can a Muslim justify participating in a government that has declared war on Islam?
You would be better of posting cartoons than trying to be sarcastic. It's a common misconception that America has waged a war on Islam. Instead I believe it's more to do with money, greed and Zionism. And even if the claim is true. Him joining the congress would be a good way forward to help reverse such a filthy policy.

wilberhum
02-18-2008, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
You would be better of posting cartoons than trying to be sarcastic. It's a common misconception that America has waged a war on Islam. Instead I believe it's more to do with money, greed and Zionism. And even if the claim is true. Him joining the congress would be a good way forward to help reverse such a filthy policy.
even if the claim is true? So you think it could be true?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Roasted Cashew
02-18-2008, 08:40 AM
even if the claim is true? So you think it could be true?
Didn't I just say that it is a misconception. I don't think it is true. What I meant to say was, "However, to our dismay, if indeed this is true". OK look, now if you are gonna bully me with your superior use of language,........Wait, I know you won't.

wilberhum
02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
Didn't I just say that it is a misconception. I don't think it is true. What I meant to say was, "However, to our dismay, if indeed this is true". OK look, now if you are gonna bully me with your superior use of language,........Wait, I know you won't.
Superior use of language? :hmm: Thank you. :sunny:

But my only point is that the "War against Islam" is just stupid junk. :?

If he is the best person, I hope he wins.

Cognescenti
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Maybe Obama will pick him as his running mate.

Moon*Light
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
:sl:

Hmm I think a better action is to make a strong Muslim lobby in face of the Israeli one.

aadil77
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moon*Light

Hmm I think a better action is to make a strong Muslim lobby in face of the Israeli one.
agreed:sunny:, it would be a massive slap on the face to israel

wilberhum
02-21-2008, 04:20 AM

A strong lobby based on less than 1% of the population? :muddlehea

snakelegs
02-21-2008, 04:51 AM

why not both? more representatives in government and develop a lobby.

Roasted Cashew
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Eh, The Jewish lobby is quite strong and they ain't that much of a population either. Newer estimations if not mistaken ACTUALLY say that there are more Muslims in America now than Jews. Now, if only I can recall where. Anyway, even the older estimations don't justify the strength and influence of the Jewish lobby.

Moon*Light
02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Sure both would be better of course snakelegs. :)

Yeah how many Jews are in the US?

Keltoi
02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Sure both would be better of course snakelegs. :)

Yeah how many Jews are in the US?
As of 2006, 5,275,000

Moon*Light
02-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Ah ok thanks Keltoi

north_malaysian
02-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Maybe we should give billions of dollars for the 35,000,000+ Afro-American community to lobby for us Muslims against the Zionists...

Ebtisweetsam
02-24-2008, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Maybe we should give billions of dollars for the 35,000,000+ Afro-American community to lobby for us Muslims against the Zionists...
Didnt you know that they dont have a say? :-\
Its the small 5 thousand (or whatever amount) of Jews that choose who congress is gonna be made up of.

Keltoi
02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Didnt you know that they dont have a say? :-\
Its the small 5 thousand (or whatever amount) of Jews that choose who congress is gonna be made up of.
How did you come to that absurd conclusion? The people of certain districts in a certain state vote for their congress person. The only congressional member that the Jewish community has any direct impact as a voting block is in Florida...where there is a large population of retired Jewish-Americans.

* If you will recall, it was this particular Jewish community that mistakenly voted for Pat Buchanan during the whole Florida voting fiasco.

Ebtisweetsam
02-26-2008, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Keltoi;917248]How did you come to that absurd conclusion? The people of certain districts in a certain state vote for their congress person. The only congressional member that the Jewish community has any direct impact as a voting block is in Florida...where there is a large population of retired Jewish-Americans.

Tell that to your secret services :giggling:

Keltoi
02-27-2008, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=Ebtisweetsam;918006]
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
How did you come to that absurd conclusion? The people of certain districts in a certain state vote for their congress person. The only congressional member that the Jewish community has any direct impact as a voting block is in Florida...where there is a large population of retired Jewish-Americans.

Tell that to your secret services :giggling:
Tell what to "your" secret services? I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate if you actually want your point to be understood.

Ebtisweetsam
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=Keltoi;918038]
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam

Tell what to "your" secret services? I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate if you actually want your point to be understood.
That Jews dont own Uncle Sam ;D

Keltoi
02-28-2008, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ebtisweetsam;918817]
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi

That Jews dont own Uncle Sam ;D
How exactly do "Jews" own the U.S.? That is nothing more than bigoted nonsense.

rabarbara2008
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
there always has to be a beginning :D
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.