/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cheap MS software for students

Trumble
02-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Just to let UK based posters know about these guys; http://www.software4students.co.uk/. It's not a scam or anything, I found the site on a link from Microsoft and, more to the point, my copy of MS Office Enterprise 2007 (£60 inc) arrived today.

A great way of getting your hands on the software you'll be using after you leave education (and very handy during it) at an affordable price. You just need to be attending a university, college or school on their list (including the Open University) or in the case under 18s the parent of someone who is.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
guyabano
02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
That looks nice, but I guess you have to provide them a document, that you are a student, no?

Trumble
02-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Nope, you just 'tick' the box to say you are. The potential for abuse is obvious but to be honest I doubt Microsoft care, all of their money on this stuff comes from corporate licenses... what sort of student can afford £400 plus for the top end stuff? It just gets them into the MS habit, and it's the students who, in a few years, will be making the corporate purchase decisions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.