/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Saleh as-Saleh Passed away

ilm.seeker
02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Sheikh Dr. Saleh as-Saleh, may Allaah have mercy on him, passed away on Friday, 2nd Safar 1429 AH corresponding to February 8th 2008. He fainted whilst leaving Al-Masjid Al-Nabawee after attending the Salatul-Jumu'aah and died on the way to the hospital. The Janaazah prayer was held in Al-Masjid Al-Nabawee on 3rd Safar 1429 AH corresponding to February 9th, 2008. He was buried in alBaqee'

May Allaah forgive him, expand his grave and grant him the highest abode in Jannah. Allaahumma ameen

Check his lectures at http://understand-islam.net/site/

Articles - Books

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2008, 04:36 PM
:salamext:

Ameen, may Allaah have mercy on him and Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd. Such a thread was already created, but it was deleted in the forum crash.

There's this thread on Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd though:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post909894

Umar001
02-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow people are still burried there?

Thanks for the links bro.

Intisar
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

Ameen, may Allaah have mercy on him and Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd. Such a thread was already created, but it was deleted in the forum crash.

There's this thread on Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd though:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post909894
Ameen to the du'a. :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2008, 06:59 PM

One of the salaf used to say "When I hear of the death of the scholars, it is like I have lost a limb of my body."

It was narrated that 'Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak (rahimahullaah) said:
"Know that death nowadays is an honour for every Muslim who meets Allah adhering to the Sunnah. Verily, to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return. It is to Allah that we complain of our Alienation, the passing away of our brothers, the lack of support and the emergence of bid'ah. It is to Allah that we complain of the great calamity that has befallen this ummah because of the passing away of the scholars and Ahl as-Sunnah, and the emergence of bid'ah."
[Al-Bid'ah wan-Nahy 'anha by Ibn Waddaah.]

In the space of one week, we have lost two people of knowledge. Al-'Allaamah Bakr Aboo Zayd, and Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh. Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon.

'Abdullaah bin 'Amr bin Al 'Aas radyallaahu 'anhu narrates:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Allah does not take away the knowledge, by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray."
[Al-Bukhaaree]

'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood said:
"Verily, you are in a time in which the Scholars are many and the speakers are few. And verily there will come a time after you in which the speakers will be many and the Scholars will be few."

An-Nasaa'ee in Kitaab-ul-'Ilm (no. 109), at-Tabaranee in al-Kabeer (no. 8066), al-Bukhaaree in Adabul-Mufrad (no. 789) and Ibn Hajr in Fathul-Baaree (10/510) - authenticated by al-Albaanee.

InshaaAllaah these two ahaadeeth are good signs for Dr. Saleh as-Saleh:

We ask Allaah سبحانه وتعالى that He counts Dr. Saleh رحمه الله from amongst those mentioned in the following ahaadeeth:

ما من مسلم يموت يوم الجمعة أو ليلة الجمعة إلا وقاه الله تعالى فتنة القبر

(تخريج السيوطي : (حم ت) عن ابن عمرو تحقيق الألباني : (حسن) انظر حديث رقم: 5773 في صحيح الجامع)

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: There is no Muslim who dies on the day or night of Jumu’ah (Friday) except that Allaah will protect him from the tribulation of the grave.

Reported by Ahmad and at-Tirmidhee and Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله says Hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, Hadeeth (#5773).

من استطاع أن يموت بالمدينة فليمت بها فإني أشفع لمن يموت بها
(تخريج السيوطي : (حم ت هـ حب) عن ابن عمر. تحقيق الألباني : (صحيح) انظر حديث رقم: 6015 في صحيح الجامع )

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: Whoever amongst you is able to stay in al-Madeenah until death reaches him then let him do so,
for indeed I will intercede for the one who dies in it (al-Madeenah).

Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله says Saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami’, Hadeeth (#6015).
Source

اللهم اغفر لهما وارحمهما ، وعافهما واعف عنهما
وأكرم نزلهما ، ووسع مدخلهما ، واغسلهما بالماء والثلج والبرد

ونقهما من الذنوب والخطايا كما ينقى الثوب الأبيض من الدنس

اللهم ارفع درجتهما في المهديين
واخلفهما في عقبه في الغابرين ،واجعلهما من ورثة جنة النعيم

The eyes are shedding tears and the heart is grieved, and we will not say except what pleases our Lord. Now, when I hear his lectures, it is really painful. Yet, al-Hamdulillaah, it does make you want to strive harder in order to gain 'Ilm. May Allaah facillitate a path to knowledge for us, for whoever takes a path to knowledge, Allaah makes easy for him the path to Jannah! Ameen.

Umar001
02-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I remember I used to hover around his room, not knowing who he was and his status. Until someone told me and I went back there and was amazed. I remember asking 'Is this Saleeh as Saleeh' and people were like yes yes...and I was like The Saleh or something like that and he replied in a humble manner!! It was amazing. Though looking back at it now, sometimes he would sound real tired.

And he told me the class times (not that i was regular there), and I remember once the class was not on and I waited and waited and the next day I said I was waiting and he apologised, if I remember correctly, and some people also explained in text that class isnt always on 100%

He seemed so calm. There's an audio of when a person came in talking rubbish about wife beating and he dealt with them so good! I recommend everyone gets it!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM

Yeah he had a very nice, laid-back, calm and humble air about him. Rahimullaah. I found the whole thing really shocking, because me and my friend were talking about him the night before I found out. I was listening to his lecture on Ibn Taymiyyah's al-wasiyyatus-sughra the same week he passed away, and I still haven't finished because there's more than 20 lectures in the series. It took me by surprise, because he's quite young. I guess that shows you that death isn't biased towards age.

'Is this Saleeh as Saleeh'
I was going to ask what saleeh means until I realised you meant Saleh, tabaarakAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.