/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Malaysia/Singapore!

SirZubair
02-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Asalam alaikum my young friends (and not so young friends.. )

I am going to Singapore (3 1/2 days) and then to Malaysia (8 1/2 days).

Yay,.. my last day at work will be the 6th of march, i go overseas on 8th march, return to Nz on 22nd of March, then return to work on the 25th of march. Long and well deserved holiday!

I've been working on a list of "Must Do's"

And this is what i've come up with :

Things to do in Singapore :

* Singapore Zoo

* Night Safari

* DHL Balloon @ Bugis

* Escape Theme Park

* Wild Wild West

* Little India - Serangoon Road

* Arab Street/Kampong Glam - Nth Bridge Rd

Things to do in KL :

* ASEAN Sculpture Garden.* Deer Park

* KL Bird Park

* KL Butterfly Park

* KL Lake Gardens

* National Planetarium

* Islamic Arts Museum

* Masjid Jamek

* Little India

* National Mosque

* Bejaya Times Square

* Arab Square

* KL Tower

* Petronas Twin Towers

* Aquaria

* Desa Water Park

Thats all that i can think of after studying the Hot Spots on the Maps i have of Singapore and Malaysia.

So.... which of the members of this forum are from either of those countries? Or who has been there before?

Help a brother out, give me some tips! Tell me what else i can do! I want to make the most of this trip.

Barakallah feek in advance,

Wa'salaam

- Z.m

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
My suggestions:

1) Attending Friday Prayer at International Islamic Univ. Malaysia. in Gombak.

2) Nightmarket (Every Saturday from 5.00PM to 10.00 PM) at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, KL.

3) Petaling Street (Chinatown), KL

4) Having Malay dishes at night in Kampung Baru, KL

5) Merdeka Square and Sultan Abdul Samad building, KL

6) Shopping for electronic gadgets at Low Yatt Plaza or Sungai Wang Plaza, KL.

7) Central Market, KL

8) titiwangsa Lake, KL

9) genting Highlands

10) Putrajaya...

Muslim Knight
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
My suggestions:

1) Attending Friday Prayer at International Islamic Univ. Malaysia. in Gombak.

2) Nightmarket (Every Saturday from 5.00PM to 10.00 PM) at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, KL.

3) Petaling Street (Chinatown), KL

5) Merdeka Square and Sultan Abdul Samad building, KL

7) Central Market, KL

8) titiwangsa Lake, KL

9) genting Highlands

10) Putrajaya...
I would suggest care for item 3 & 7 though. Many muggers around even during broad daylight.

crayon
02-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Sounds like you've got it planned out quite well. The butterfly park and bird park and the orchid gardens are all within walking distance from each other, so you could set out a day to visit all of them at once. Take an umbrella with you wherever you go. When I went to the butterfly park it rained the entire time, we ended up just going home eventually, since we were just looking for shelter the whole time we were there.

Malaysia is such a beautiful, amazing country though, I hope you have a great time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Asalam alaikum my young friends (and not so young friends.. )

I am going to Singapore (3 1/2 days) and then to Malaysia (8 1/2 days).

Yay,.. my last day at work will be the 6th of march, i go overseas on 8th march, return to Nz on 22nd of March, then return to work on the 25th of march. Long and well deserved holiday!

I've been working on a list of "Must Do's"

And this is what i've come up with :

Thats all that i can think of after studying the Hot Spots on the Maps i have of Singapore and Malaysia.

So.... which of the members of this forum are from either of those countries? Or who has been there before?

Help a brother out, give me some tips! Tell me what else i can do! I want to make the most of this trip.

Barakallah feek in advance,

Wa'salaam

- Z.m

:sl:

how about adding In Sha'a Allah to your post!

:w:

SirZubair
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I would suggest care for item 3 & 7 though. Many muggers around even during broad daylight.
You can come with me on the days i visit those places..:okay::okay:

In Sha'a Allah !!

Pk_#2
02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
You can come with me on the days i visit those places..:okay::okay:

In Sha'a Allah !!
I think he might be 'one of them' y'know..

Nah i kidd, Have a safe journey there and back,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

SirZubair
02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Who here recommends visitng the Batu caves and the St Mary Cathederal? :D

Definetly!!

Are electronics really cheap in Malaysia?

10) Putrajaya...
Whats there?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-18-2008, 11:29 PM
how is the value of the malaysian currency compared to the dollar?

SirZubair
02-19-2008, 12:20 AM
NewZealand $1 = 2.40R. :D Bargain.

Singapores a bummer tho... Nz$1 = $1.10 Singapore money.. :enough!:

crayon
02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Also, I don't know if you'll have time, but if you do, GO TO LANGKAWI. That place is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, it's so tranquil and just amazing. Google it if you want more info.

SirZubair
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Also, I don't know if you'll have time, but if you do, GO TO LANGKAWI. That place is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, it's so tranquil and just amazing. Google it if you want more info.
I was planning on going to KL and Langkawi to begin with, i've studied up on langkawi and yeah, it is pretty amazing. Fairy tales, the widow lake,.. hehe. Yeah, i was looking forward to it, but it would have cost me close to $1900 for airfares (each). So i decided to go for the SIngapore airlines deal,. $1535 each (that for singapore and malaysia).

I still want to check out langkawi,.. maybe next time, next decade, insha'allah.

north_malaysian
02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Who here recommends visitng the Batu caves and the St Mary Cathederal? :D
The rock formations in Batu Caves are quite cool...

Are electronics really cheap in Malaysia?
I don't know... but that place is the cheapest place in Malaysia.

Whats there?
Big buildings....

north_malaysian
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I was planning on going to KL and Langkawi to begin with, i've studied up on langkawi and yeah, it is pretty amazing. Fairy tales, the widow lake,.. hehe. Yeah, i was looking forward to it, but it would have cost me close to $1900 for airfares (each). So i decided to go for the SIngapore airlines deal,. $1535 each (that for singapore and malaysia).

I still want to check out langkawi,.. maybe next time, next decade, insha'allah.
Personally, Pangkor Islands are more beautiful than Langkawi...

But still, it's far away from KL...

Malacca is a very good place to visit too and nearer to KL.

SirZubair
02-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Is it true that Penang island is over-rated? I wanted to come to Penang to begin with, but others who have been there convinced me not to go to penang, saying i'll be bored after half a day there :exhausted

north_malaysian
02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Is it true that Penang island is over-rated? I wanted to come to Penang to begin with, but others who have been there convinced me not to go to penang, saying i'll be bored after half a day there :exhausted
If you want to see the nature at its best... Penang is not the answer.... Personally, I wont recommend you to swim in Penang!!! The sea is polluted anf full of poisonous jellyfish.

But if you want to see historical buildings, great choices of food and a melting-pot of cultures and religions... Penang is the answer.

Many British senior citizens spent months just staying in Penang... Maybe because of it's colonial time memories....

Ebtisweetsam
02-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I just wanted to say good luck on your trip... i really wanted to go this year, but couldnt afford it so we went to Tasmania instead. But enjoy it, tell us how you go enshallah. And most importantly, enjoy all the halal food! AWWW i wanna go enshallah, mainly becoause of the food and aparantly everything's so cheap i hear, compared to here!:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.